UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool 2?

Mnemosis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the first time I've heard anyone say they liked that Domino design.

If DST skips this movie then we'll know there's definitely a Fox ban. The popularity of the first one plus the ease of making a boxset would make this too hard to pass up otherwise.

I definitely be in for a Deadpool 2 wave or boxset. Not really interested in another Deadpool comic wave in its place. DST has done a good job with Deadpool (comic wave,  TRU series, etc) that I'm set with comic Deadpool. What could another comic wave have that would sell other than another Cable, Domino, etc?

12 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

What could another comic wave have that would sell other than another Cable, Domino, etc?

Maybe Deadpool variants packed with Mercs for Money characters? I wouldn't mind a Stingray or semi-Nextwave style Machine Man (he's gonna organise your sock drawer).

I was going to say Paladin, too, but apparently the guy who looks like Paladin isn't Paladin.

Some of the missing Capullo X-Force members could fit too, even if they aren't as closely tied to Wade as Cable, Domino, or Syrin.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

You might get some kind of X-Force related wave, but I'd be shocked if there was an actual Deadpool 2 movie wave. 

Yeah, I don't think we've had a Fox wave since The Wolverine have we? X-Men Apocalypse and Logan didn't get one either. I just assumed these fell by the wayside under the category of "the Marvel X-Men ban that some people claim doesn't really exist even though we all know it does"

I was actually very happy to get Siryn, Bob and a Non-hideous Domino in the last one (didn't like any of her prior minimates). The Cable wasn't my favorite, but I didn't mind it either.

Assuming we get another comic tie-in wave... speaking to Deadpool's supporting cast... I'll take any X-Force or X-Men they want to throw in (especially unmade characters), but as Non-X mutants go... I wouldn't mind getting an Udon-Costume Taskmaster. To that end I'd also enjoy Outlaw and Agent-X. I really liked that Gail Simone Deadpool era, so I'm partial to the supporting cast of that run, lol.

I mean an actual X-Force wave would be nice. Especially if we could get those rare boxset mates like Angel, Deadpool, Psylocke, X-23, an X-Force Domino, a Wolverine of course, Fantomex, and Cable would be awesome. I'd be down for those redoes. A lot of newer collectors would be paying out the nose to get those nowadays. The newest Deadpool/Domino pack goes for around 17-19 on eBay nowadays  so yikes.

Or even newer X-Force with Cable, Domino, Colossus, Forge, Dr. Nemesis? And perhaps Newer Magik that I've been waitin for FOREVERRR. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I mean an actual X-Force wave would be nice. Especially if we could get those rare Angel, Deadpool, Psylocke, X-23, an X-Force Domino, a Wolverine of course, Phantomex, and Cable would be awesome. I'd be down for those redoes. A lot of newer collectors would be paying out the nose to get those nowadays. 

If they did an X-Force wave, the last thing I want would be re-releases of a half-dozen figures we already got.

I feel for new collectors who can't get their hands on them, but such are the pitfalls of toy collecting. Nearly every one of those figures has already been made, and they're all still decent looking minimates that hold up and don't really NEED an update. Even if they theme it to  "Black-and-Silver Suit" X-Force, I'd rather get ones they didn't make already like Elixir, Vanisher, Wolfsbane... not re-releases of the ones they did make (Wolverine and Deadpool aside, because we know we'd get them, as the anchors) ...

That said, I would think any X-Force wave, modern or classic. New or re-release, would be better suited as a tie-in to the X-Force movie Fox is allegedly building toward. I certainly won't turn my nose up at one if they DO make it. I clamor for all things X. I just think a Deadpool tie-in wave seems more sensible for a Deadpool movie.

@Gillbob316 I understand your frustration at rereleases but I own all the X-Force and I'm still clamoring for a rerelease for new collectors. Psylocke could definitely use a redo imo, as well as Angel because he's not had a mate since the ANAD X-Men if I remember correctly.  I definitely want those mates you listed as well who haven't been released but I think they could fit them in as well. And I mean we all know X-Force Deadpool and Wolverine would probably sell. 

That being said I'd still like newer X-Force with Colossus but I'd say the older X-Force I more likely cause of more Deadpool. 

I could see this wave

LCS

Deadpool/Cable

X-23/Vanisher

Elixir/Wolfsbane 

Angel/Psylocke

TRU

Wolverine/Domino 

Deadpool/Cable 

Deathlok/Fantomex with EVA

57 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I really don't understand the hate for the Domino design. Some comic book looks just don't transfer very well into film. I think they did a great job of making her look like feisty character. I can't wait to see her in the movie. 

Short, straight, black hair, Joker-like skin with a black patch is pretty simple.

the-crow_header.jpg?resize=1100x740

To me saying Domino's original design Doesn't transfer to film is like saying the Joker and Harley Quinn looks don't transfer. Ledger was the most "realistic" take on him but he still had a ton of make up. People dug Nicholson. For some reason people dug Leto and Robbie and he was the most comic accurate as far as the bleaching (can't remember about Nicholson). It just feels lazy to me design wise. I'm not sure how white body paint wouldn't work in a film when it's worked on multiple occasions. I believe It's not that it wouldn't have worked It's that they didn't want to try, just like Apocalypse being turned into Ivan Ooze. It's another case of Cosplay being better than Fox costumes. Anyone can paint a spot on their eye what's the budget/hours of work put into that? 

If you're not gonna try to make comic book designs work in a film why are you making a comic book film is my question. How are a mask that moves like a face and a 9 foot tall metal man a couple designs that work in a film, but Domino's look is just too much of a crazy design for the movie to take?

Did Cable's Matrix Sentinel arm take up too much budget that they couldn't afford more paint? 

I suspect they didn't do Domino that way because they'd literally be white washing the actress and rather than avoid potential backlash, they just inverted it and used her natural skintone and then added in the white patch.

But that's just a guess. With movies, there's always a 100 potential reasons why they change something and often it boils down to essentially "just the hell of it".

58 minutes ago, SCW said:

I suspect they didn't do Domino that way because they'd literally be white washing the actress and rather than avoid potential backlash, they just inverted it and used her natural skintone and then added in the white patch.

I suspect you're right here, as soon as they cast this actress it became very unlikely they were going to go with the comic look.

I'd be fine with a comic tie-in wave instead but if people are hoping it would be structured significantly different than the one DST made previously I think they're going to be disappointed.

Edited by stack32

It's kinda hilarious that making comic characters appear as they did in the comics would be any kind of "washing". That's like casting someone from India or any Asian country as the Joker and then saying bleaching their skin would be whitewashing it's part of the character design.