UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Create Your Ideas Contest

Lurch77

Do you have an idea for a new minimate line? Think you could make an awesome new exclusive figure for an existing line? Prove it!

Your task is to create a new minimate figure pack to kick off your new line or as an exclusive for an existing line. Single or Multi-Pack is up to you and the more detail the better. You can include concept art, box art (and box) along with your figure or figures. If you're not good with customizing then a drawn figure will be accepted.

**drawn example**

contestExample.jpg

Requirements:

• new figure(s) (created or drawn) 
  • package for the figure(s) (at the very least you can use a baggie like the comic con promos)

===============================================================
Prizes:

• Top 3 will get a SDCC 2017 Purple Donatello promo along with an exclusive SDCC 2017 DST Fidget Spinner.
  • Also we will do two random drawings from all of the entries (minus the top three) and those will each get an exclusive SDCC 2017 DST Fidget Spinner.

turtlefidget.jpg

Rules:

1. This must be a new creation from the start of this post. This doesn't mean that everything in it must be new. For example you can use parts and accessories from other figures.
  2. Please submit your entry in this thread and note on it that it's your official entry. 
  3. Only one entry per person.
  4. Any board members can enter as long as they are not me (Lurch).
  5. You can make changes to your entry up to the deadline of this contest.
  6. Remember safety first and that we are a family friendly site.
  7. MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of creating your entry.
  8. Any entries that do not post either due to timing or technical issues are not the responsibility of MinimateMultiverse.
  9. MinimateMultiverse has the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prizes.

Dates:

• Entries will be accepted between now and Monday September 4th at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Voting begins immediately after end of entry date until September 10th at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Winners will be posted shortly afterwards.

Voting:
The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three most creative entries.

1.) Most Creative Entry
2.) Second Best Entry
3.) Third Best Entry

• Anyone can vote, even the participants.
  • If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
  • The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
  • Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.
  • Tie-breakers will be decided by rock/paper/scissors if needed.
  • During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

A big thanks goes out to Zach & DST for the prizes and a special thanks to Allen for being MMMV's representative at this year's SDCC!

Good luck and have fun!

My ideas are flowing! I had been thinking about a line I would love to see after seeing the 'If I ran things' post. I think I actually had about 50 characters/variations planned out in my head. I have a few ideas parsed down from those for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on my submission.

And for clarification, this is the full package mock-up, right? Front, back, insert, Minimates, etc.? Or just a single side, like the X-men box set example?

I would like to submit an entry but I have some questions.

1) Can my submission be images composed of mixed match photos of minimates with some alterations?

2) Can the the packaging also be an image of a package design but not an actual package?

I have not had the time to customize lately but I like the concept of this contest and have some images I have worked on for customizing but don't have the parts or time?

On 8/23/2017 at 5:06 PM, Onyx_6 said:

I'm working on my submission.

And for clarification, this is the full package mock-up, right? Front, back, insert, Minimates, etc.? Or just a single side, like the X-men box set example?

single or full is up to you; for those short on time or rather not do packaging you could always go with simple baggie like the giveaway promos

On 8/24/2017 at 4:32 PM, Captain Paco said:

I would like to submit an entry but I have some questions.

1) Can my submission be images composed of mixed match photos of minimates with some alterations?

2) Can the the packaging also be an image of a package design but not an actual package?

I have not had the time to customize lately but I like the concept of this contest and have some images I have worked on for customizing but don't have the parts or time?

1) yes

2) yes

I just need to finish (assemble one and paint three) the mates and add their pictures to the box art. Other than that, my box art is ready.

image.thumb.png.07a0b3edbbc95f1b43e1750d02278ee5.png

Here is what I came up with for an entry after seeing this contest on the site.  I would have actually like to make these and an actual package: however, I work for a university and we just started our Fall Semester.  So Time is hard to find right now.

Thank you to Minimates Database for which I used to help composite the ideas for the characters.

I would love to see these made and maybe one day if I can find all the right parts I will make them.

I do not have the photoshop skills of some (most?) here so i had to do mine the old school way.

this is my official entry

I've wanted mates of these forever and with the currently running Amazon live action series, i thought it was the perfect time for......

The TICK minimates

DSCN0207DSCN0212DSCN0213DSCN0209DSCN0205DSCN0200DSCN0201

Accessories include: removable wings, mask, hair piece, standing and flying bases

Edited by Mattallica

Okay, here is my official entry: Game of Thrones Minimates Box Set - Fire and Ice

Here is the card back:

36634811620_64a3794738_b.jpg

Here is the front of the box set, sorry, no plastic:

36843286586_f0a8af5b7c_b.jpg

And here is an open package shot:

37031407035_4f6e4601eb_b.jpg

Here is the front of the card without the mates:

36890567481_53afe4f877_b.jpg

And here are the mates themselves. Note that Ghost is a stand in at the moment.

36223742693_31b938e649_b.jpg

37031400395_19909de7c3_b.jpg

36843409736_8964ba136d_b.jpg

36223744563_c371efc61f_b.jpg

I've always thought it was a tragedy that there's never been any Spaceballs merchandise.  I've heard the "reason" but I still want a little Dark Helmet of my own. Now that Disney owns Star Wars their might be some wiggle room in licensing considerations. 

But until then I bring you my entry, Spaceballs, the Box Set!  (click for larger images)

170904_sbPack.sm.png

Here's the marketing insert you can see in the pack.

170904_sbMarketingInsert.sm.png

And here's a group shot of the figures and accessories.

170904_sbGroup.sm.png

Secure all animals in the zoo.

Edited by Ivan
Image link fix.

Time's up and looks like everyone that entered is getting prizes.

Send your ballots to me.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three most creative entries.

1.) Most Creative Entry
2.) Second Best Entry
3.) Third Best Entry

And the winners are .... everyone! All entries get prizes!

• Onyx_6 & jcastick win the random drawings
  • 3rd place is Captain Paco
  • 2nd place is Matallica
  • 1st place is Ivan!!

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone that entered and also to Zach/DST for hooking us up with prizes!