UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Video Game Minimates

dejanon16

So as i was coming back home from Chicago and i started doodling and i thought. "We have minimates based on MvC and Sony exclusives... can we get a minimate based on the new Spidey game? It would be lit.. just to give an idea i did make a low quality draft

IMG_0011.PNG

The design CoC is using for Abomination is probably my favorite look for the character ever. 

While we're on the subject... I guess we're not going to get Marvel vs Capcom minimates this time, huh?
Sigh
So many excellent Marvel minimates from the last one.

Edited by Mirymate

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

The design CoC is using for Abomination is probably my favorite look for the character ever. 

While we're on the subject... I guess we're not going to get Marvel vs Capcom minimates this time, huh?
Sigh
So many excellent Marvel minimates from the last one.

And capcom mates are always welcome. 

I suspect the performance of the Capcom side, and video game minimates in general, is the problem. DST knows Marvel characters can hold their own but the previous MvC waves seemed to not do as well despite having a number of excellent figures.

11 hours ago, Josh2382 said:

Is it confirmed we aren't getting those? That's a shame. Those mates are some of my favorite ever. Still my go-to Spidey, among others. 

The fact nothing was said or shown at SDCC is concerning to say the least. Also not sure how far out we are from the game being released.

I can't say I'll miss these if they don't happen. The MvC3 minimates gave us a couple of new characters like MODOK and Dormammu. The minimates were all good figures, but there weren't a lot of new characters coming out.  I think the best a Marvel fan could hope for from MVCI minimates would be an alternate look of two. I wouldn't say 'no' to a Mass Effect Gamora, but I'd just as soon have her released in Marvel wave with modern GOTG.
Having said that - i feel for any Capcom fan that would have wanted new figures.

Let's be honest, Mr. Essex. Some of those updated characters were pretty sweet, and may not have happened without the push from the game. Super Skrull alone was such a ten-fold upgrade from it's original figure.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:53 PM, Mirymate said:

Let's be honest, Mr. Essex. Some of those updated characters were pretty sweet, and may not have happened without the push from the game. Super Skrull alone was such a ten-fold upgrade from it's original figure.

I'll grant that, but I felt like some of those figures looked nothing like their game counterparts (Phoenix springs to mind). And while I enjoyed IronMan's ridiculous gun/cannon, I just didn't need the umpteenth version of him or Thor/Wolverine/Spider-Man et al. 

Having said that - no-one put a gun to my head and made me buy them. I was on the verge of being a Marvel completionist at the time and bought all the product I could find. I'm stoked that we saw characters like X-23 get a look in (she was relatively new at the time and hadn't gotten toe-spikes before). And Super Skrull was an amazing figure.... but what under-represented characters are we seeing from Marvel in this new game?

Don't get me wrong, the figures themselves were very good. The QC seemed pretty tight on these waves. But as a long time Marvel fan, I ended up seeing a lot of character re-dos. 

I think my lack of caring about a wave of figures for this new game stems from a) Marvel's exclusion of the X-Men or F4 in this (and almost all of their new 'Marvel Universe' merch, b ) the lack of new Capcom characters. If we were seeing Blanka, Dhalsim, E-honda, John Talbain, Anakaris or Lord Raptor, I'd be thrilled - but I'm seeing the same characters pop up again and again, and c) the lack of any previously unmade Marvel characters at all. 

Well, I needed that Iron Man because it's one of the best Iron Man minimates they've done, just a helmet swap away from being perfect. Thor was a huge improvement over the previous fat Thor and probably my favorite comic Thor they've made. Wolverine was one of the better versions they've done and the only representation of that specific costume. Those were A-listers worth making.

I missed most of the Heroic Age and Marvel Now! versions of Marvel's A-listers, and they're major enough that I'd like to see them. I know not everyone's in the same boat, though.

Aside from redos, it would be nice to see modern comic-style versions of Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot. I wouldn't mind Mega Man X or an updated Annihilation Nova, either.

There were several characters in the DLC "Ultimate" version I wished had been made. Nova, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, those would have been cool to get. I also wish A few more... okay at least one more variant set had bet done with Red Guardian Cap. That would have rocked.

And as long as Fox refuses to play ball on the movie licenses, (and by play ball, we mean do whatever the Mouse has ordered them to do) Disney's silent petty video/merch ban will continue to be in place.

9 hours ago, Mirymate said:

I also wish A few more... okay at least one more variant set had bet done with Red Guardian Cap. That would have rocked.

I would also have bought a Shuma Gorath if it'd been made.... not quite sure how that would translate as a minimate tho. LOL

• 3 years later...