SDCC 2017 Marvel Minimates!

minimatt

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gillbob316 said:

Alright... I need someone to explain two things to me:

1) What is Spider-Armor Spider-Man? It looks like just the standard costume with a green spider for some reason, and some more stylized boots? I don't know the origin of this costume. When I hear Spider-Armor, I think of the Black/Silver costume from back around the 90s.

2) Why does Spider-Sense Spider-Man appear to have a belt, wrist-bands and boot cuffs? He's clearly not a standard Spidey... but he's close to one... I just don't understand the additional accessories?

Clearly I'm not boned up on my Peter Parker costumes...

The Spider-Armor minimate is based on Parker's current costume in the comics. It has more technology built into it, but I haven't seen it referred to as armor.

SSSM has all of those because they cover most of the places where his limbs would be red. I'm guessing his arms and legs are plain blue so it's easier to turn him into civilian Parker.

Thanks for showing this, Bighurt546.   Grrrr....so frustrating that licensing keeps us from getting DC minimates... also the lack of X-Men merchandise (comic-con wide, not just DST) has been very tough for me...however, there were a lot of things that I liked and will be getting: The X-Men boxset (of course), Medusa, Some of the Thor:Ragnarok stuff (particularly Gladiator Thor, Hulk, and Hela), perhaps Jack-O-Lantern, Beetle, maybe Black Cat, Surtur, some Aliens... Sorry, No vinimates, although I admit that the Cthulhu was pretty cool... I'm still holding out hope that one day DST will get the Blade Runner, Indy,  or Game of Thrones licenses...Dark Tower, Elf, Beetlejuice, Nightmare are great for some people but just not my thing. Just so I end on a positive note, I'm really happy to see the line still going strong and it has been a lot of fun to pick this hobby back up after a long hiatus. I can't wait to search some of these down when they come out.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Just a little heads up ...............http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=65&n=Zombie+Wasp+Head

:headslap: That's not a figure, It's an accessory. 
But if you really want to count it, "old man" (said in my best Captain Sisko voice), it's still 4/5's less minimate than Moon Knight has received.

Carrion is a real surprise. Fun fact: Carrion is a clone of Myles Warren, the Jackal, who created the clones of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Somewhat strange we are getting Carrion and not the Jackal, as he's certainly the more important character, but still cool nonetheless.

Question for the room now that we've had all these reveals:

Which wave should be considered the 100th wave of Marvel Minimates? Wave 75 or TRU 25? Or should it be 26/76 because 15 never came out? OR OR are we still 25 waves off?

These are the things that keep me awake on a Saturday night.

If you are going to count the TRU waves, then you must also count the Walgreens (8), Walmart (2?), Target (3?), and possibly even the ShopKo (1?) waves.

I think 100 has come and gone.

Edited by Onyx_6
Typo!

To split hairs... Technically Wave 75 is the 74th wave

It never won't bug the crap out of me that this line skipped releasing the Ghost Rider wave, yet still maintained the number as though it hadn't.

They really need to release those as "The Lost Wave" someday. They could be updated quality wise to be in line with modern minimates. Just do it! (I know I know... they won't do it. Stupid bad movie licensing.)

New Plan: Ghost Rider Comic Book Wave! Still marketed as Wave 15! (Re-Mixed!)

I would literally die if that happened. Then after being recessitated I would preorder a case. I would probably go overboard buying extras.

Thank you for the video bighurt!

Edited by arnim zola
Additional comment

5 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

To split hairs... Technically Wave 75 is the 74th wave

It never won't bug the crap out of me that this line skipped releasing the Ghost Rider wave, yet still maintained the number as though it hadn't.

They really need to release those as "The Lost Wave" someday. They could be updated quality wise to be in line with modern minimates. Just do it! (I know I know... they won't do it. Stupid bad movie licensing.)

New Plan: Ghost Rider Comic Book Wave! Still marketed as Wave 15! (Re-Mixed!)

That'd be magnificently delightful. We'd get a Blackheart, a Phantom Rider, a nice updated Ghost Rider, a civilian Johnny Blaze, Mephisto, and in the place of the Random Love Interest of the film let's put Lady Death. That'd be a damn near perfect wave right there not gonna lie. I'd order every single pack of it. Brand it as wave 15 and you'd be all caught up. They could just say it was stuck in Development Mephisto's Realm. 

As for what we're getting here I loooooove it. Not all that big on the one with Gwenpool but I'll grab the Scarlet Spider pack. But I'll be getting two of that Chameleon pack if it's packaged as shown. We get a Spidermn and a Chameleon and a MJ and Peter all in one glorious package? I'm so in. The other two I'll probably grab just because I'm there. 

Bit late to the party here but really pleased with some of the figures in the TRU waves, especially carrion (never thought we'd get him and he's one of my favourite spidey villains!) plus jack o lantern, unworthy thor, collector (though if I'm being fussy I'd have liked his classic version more) and I really like the updated chameleon/mary jane - a huge improvement on the originals!

Did we get any hint when these might hit?  I'm hoping less of a wait than we will have for waves 74 and 75.

11 hours ago, hellpop said:

Carrion is a real surprise. Fun fact: Carrion is a clone of Myles Warren, the Jackal, who created the clones of Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Somewhat strange we are getting Carrion and not the Jackal, as he's certainly the more important character, but still cool nonetheless.

That's interesting. Maybe wave 76 is a Spidey wave, with the Jackal?

To be honest, I'd love to see a Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider, probably more than a comic version. Still, I'd buy updates of the 90's and 70's Ghost Riders. Blackheart has a pretty cool look too.

1 hour ago, DDM said:

So can we get none articulated minimates that are dc? (Clutching at straws I know but I get so sad when I see DC Vinimates) haha. 

I am constantly flummoxed by this. Between the DCU comics and the Arrow TV universe I just don't understand it but then again we don't have the rules in front of us. All we can do is support the D.C. Products they do make and keep expressing that there is demand for it. But when and if they ever get to make them we need to show up and buy them. 

Chuck said in the panel that at this point, Star Wars Minimates are more likely to happen than DC Minimates.  

He's no longer saying "Never Say Never" regarding DC.  It ain't happening, and DST is no longer asking about it.  They are working around their license limitations where they are able to.

LEGO and/or Mattel/Imaginext needs to drop the DC brand before there is any chance of DST getting the license.

The End.

Edited by youbastards

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Chuck said in the panel that at this point, Star Wars Minimates are more likely to happen than DC Minimates.  

He's no longer saying "Never Say Never" regarding DC.  It ain't happening, and DST is no longer asking about it.  They are working around their license limitations where they are able to.

LEGO and/or Mattel/Imaginext needs to drop the DC brand before there is any chance of DST getting the license.

The End.

Which to me, working around it could/would entail the DC CW TV properties (Arrow, Flash, Legends, Black Lighting and Supergirl) or the movies themselves. Again we don't know the inside outs of their negotiations or what's going on nor should we but we know enough to be frustrated. At least I am.

LEGO recently put the tv version of STAR Labs in as an Easter egg in LEGO Dimensions, so it is safe to assume that whatever license LEGO has for DC properties extends to the CW shows in some capacity but not Gotham on Fox.

We already know they have the movie license locked up.

Edited by youbastards

They've made CW Atom and Vixen, too.

I don't know if it would be any more likely, but as far as DC 'mates go, I'd be pretty happy with the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies. Not all of them were good, but they'd have a lot of fairly comic accurate characters to draw on.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

16 minutes ago, CortherX said:

Im hoping Chameleon has a look aside from that robe (and i dont mean MJ). A suit or something

LOL The robe is giving me serious Hugh Hefner vibes.

44 minutes ago, youbastards said:

LEGO recently put the tv version of STAR Labs in as an Easter egg in LEGO Dimensions, so it is safe to assume that whatever license LEGO has for DC properties extends to the CW shows in some capacity but not Gotham on Fox.

We already know they have the movie license locked up.

Thanks for the Lego update. That saddens me to no end.