SDCC 2017 Marvel Minimates!

minimatt

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Carlos_ said:

My only doubt is:

Are both TRU24 or it is a mistake and the second one is TRU25 ?

I was wondering that too. Six 2-packs?

The Spider-Man variants look decent enough and the villains are pretty cool, I especially like Jack O'Lantern and Beetle, though I'd hoped for a few more sculpted parts for Beetle. Glad they found a way to sneak in Mary Jane, though that hairpiece looks rather undetailed in that picture. Can't say I'm familiar with that particular look for Black Cat. I like Unworthy Thor a lot better than Ages of Thunder, as long as he comes with an axe. I can't stand Gwenpool, but I'll leave commenting on that to Kostis.

For the record, I don't count the Wasp/Ant-Man/Goliath figures as Marvel Legends, because they were re-paints/re-releases of toys from Toy-Biz's 5" Marvel line. The only reason they got slipped into the Marvel Legends brand in the first place was their larger/smaller scale masked the fact that they didn't belong with the rest of the line (while their articulation and sculpts were noticeably sub-par by legends standards).

Goliath was a Giant-Man repaint. Ant-Man and Wasp were virtually identical.

Was that pack-in Wasp technically re-released as a Marvel Legends figure? Yes. Was that Wasp created as a Marvel Legends figure? No. It's a semantic that can be argued to be sure... but meh. If they put a Lego Wasp into a Minimate box and called it a Minimate, I wouldn't count that as a minimate either. I think it's fair to say Wasp has 3 "Real" (6", Full-Scale, Standard) Legends Figures, as does Moon Knight.

Image result for toybiz avengers gift pack
Image result for marvel legends wasp goliath

Edited by Gillbob316

I love the whole wave, even if it means me destroying my great Jack o'Lantern custom.  Also, now we need a Boomerang stat so I can finish off my superior sinister six.

All these new comic waves remind me why I collect these tiny little monsters.  Here's hoping we see more waves like this and less movie waves in the future.

I knew they'd make Unworthy Thor! The packs with him glow Spidey are the only ones that I "need", which is probably a good thing since these are TRU exclusive and all. All the art I've seen for this Beetle makes it seem as though she needs a sculpted mask, though.

The Parker Spidey and MJ Chameleon set looks really nice. It's great that DST is updating four older Spider-Man characters in one pack. Chameleon's a big enough Spider-foe that I'd get this set if I found it, but it isn't essential. The same goes for Scarlet Spider and Black Cat.

Negative Zone Spidey, Jack O'Lantern, Gwenpool, and Carrion (never heard of him, actually) aren't characters or looks I have any interest in, but the minimates look pretty nice.

Mostly Spidey stuff at TRU is good news for me. The 'mates that do interest me I mostly want for reasons unrelated to that corner of the Marvel universe.

Are we going to see the Netflix Defenders?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Wow, I didn't even see there was a second photo! Carrion is a very welcome surprise. We knew Gwenpool was coming so good to just get her out of the way. Scarlet Spider is exactly how I wanted an update to be done. And Collector!

Negative Zone: Meh.

Spider-Sense: Eh.

ANAD: Cool.

Jack O'Lantern: I prefer the modern version, but any new villain is welcome.

Chameleon: I'll probably turn it into 3 figs. I'll make a "suit & tie" Chameleon, use the extras for MJ, and the bathrobe for... well,it's green so maybe... Doom from Thanos vs Deadpool?

Beetle: I would've liked a "skirt"-esque piece, but she's my most wanted fig from this wave. Let's hope more Superior Foes follow.

Gwenpool: Gwenpool is the only new Marvel who's worth something. Ree-Ree should die in a ditch and Moon Girl should be be forgotten. But Gwenpool can stay. Gwenpool a cute! CUTE!

Black Cat: She looks kinda bulky here, so I hope it's just the pic. But we've needed a new Felicia for a while now.

Scarlet Spider: I would've rathered a one-piece sculpted jacket, but this looks cool as well.

Carrion: Near perfect translation, really.

Unworthy Thor: He came out as expected. I hope he comes with Jarnborn.

Collector: Probably my favourite figure from both waves. Dunno why, but I'm really digging the look.

Good stuff. I guess this wave is inspired by some of the earliest waves w things like chameleon, MJ & half head Spidey. 

Disaapointed DST went w Cat's modern look instead of her more recognizable classic costume, considering how bad the two previous minimates are.

If TRU waves are now going to be 6 packs instead of 3 I'm all for more minimates.

12 minutes ago, arnim zola said:

Scratch that I just read ahead.i can't find the 2nd pic for tru where do I go? Did they reveal the new Walgreens wave yet?so many questions

It's on the same page as that link that was posted earlier.  Just click on the middle of the right on the arrow and it will advance it to the second picture.  I completely missed it the first I looked!

I think that is where the instagram pics came from, MM. ;)

Edited by Onyx_6
Typo

Alright... I need someone to explain two things to me:

1) What is Spider-Armor Spider-Man? It looks like just the standard costume with a green spider for some reason, and some more stylized boots? I don't know the origin of this costume. When I hear Spider-Armor, I think of the Black/Silver costume from back around the 90s.

2) Why does Spider-Sense Spider-Man appear to have a belt, wrist-bands and boot cuffs? He's clearly not a standard Spidey... but he's close to one... I just don't understand the additional accessories?

Clearly I'm not boned up on my Peter Parker costumes...

2 hours ago, spidermatt said:

So is there gonna be 6 packs for toys r us series 24 minimates or was that just a typo? 

Im curious to know of all the accessories for these packs. Will Jack o Lantern n Carrion come with unmasked looks?

If jack-o'-lantern doesn't have an alt head, it would be easy enough to do one with parts, I don't think I would ever display it like that though.

For Carrion, It's actually not a mask. The gloves, boots, hood and sash are his only tattered clothes. The rest is just a withered Malcolm McBride.