UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2017 Marvel Minimates!

minimatt

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I've seen the big dark angel ones and I kinda get what you mean. The blockiness is definitely more noticeable at 3" as opposed to 2". However seeing as a 6 foot guy would be 2" a 3" inch 9 foot hulk just makes sense to me. 

I guess it depends on how you think of the Hulk. The ones we get now would be a bit short for a 9' Hulk. With all of the bulky parts, most Hulk minimates are ~2.5" tall, which IMO is pretty spot-on for his official height of 7-8'. Still, he's been shown larger, so I can see where you're coming from.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I guess it depends on how you think of the Hulk. The ones we get now would be a bit short for a 9' Hulk. With all of the bulky parts, most Hulk minimates are ~2.5" tall, which IMO is pretty spot-on for his official height of 7-8'. Still, he's been shown larger, so I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah I mean for a small Hulk it's not bad but the bulked up parts also make it hard to get any articulation as well though. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

22 hours ago, Mirymate said:

And for those keeping score at home Moon Knight has two minimates, Janet Van Dye has one.

Just sayin'.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Just a little heads up ...............http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=65&n=Zombie+Wasp+Head

I'd like a new Wasp . I'd like any version anybody would care to suggest but what I'd like is a torso that allows her wings to be directly attached .

Now that's what I'd like :happy:

Touché.

Good point about the wings though. Keeping her sleek would be preferable. DST seem to be happier not altering the chest blocks though...

I'm a big fan of the MCU design for Antman and I'm thinking the updated wasp design will be killer since we all know DST is 99% likely to make minimates for the upcoming film even if it's not Janet in the suit and a long wait :/ 

For you guys' sake I hope she gets made in comic form too though! I'd have preferred her to QCQuake. 

it's too bad we didn't get that gold and black costume while it was still relevant. i'm not a huge fan of her current look in uncanny avengers. maybe they could do current look with the older look underneath, as they're both based in black and gold. and it's even a throw back to her original mate that came with THREE different looks.

6 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

He appears to HAVE the mask

Yeah I know, I noticed. I was talking about him having the T-Shirt underneath instead of the all-black under-armor. Still, I'm liking this, although, like I said, I would've liked an extra body and a different expression.

5 hours ago, Nessex said:

Thank you!

Touché.

Good point about the wings though. Keeping her sleek would be preferable. DST seem to be happier not altering the chest blocks though...

Minimate Chest or 'torso' blocks have been altered before .

1. 2017 ........  Pepe the Prawn has a mini head ,sculpted feet,arms as legs ......& extra arms that attach to a custom-made torso .  I like the new Spiral but how I would've loved that 'mate with a similarly designed torso .  

2. "Zik " ........:worms:.....I'll say no more .

3. ....a bathtub ,we've had a bathtub 'torso'

4. Ant-thony ......ironic ?

There are others .

I'm not begging for another Wasp Minimate, I am just hoping against hope that if we are to get future versions we get a 'custom' torso which could eventually become the standard winged minimate torso.  

8 hours ago, Nessex said:

Thank you!

Touché.

It's the whole reason why I bought the Peter Pan set to steal the tinker bell wings.

2 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Close, but the Toybiz Moon Knight had a variant too that was technically a different costume. I had totally forgotten about the Wasp variant though.

Wasn't the Wasp also a pack in? Like they had a mini figure in another costume too?

Hate to break it to you, but that Toybiz Red Wasp never made it to production. So, Marvel Legends is tied. Both scales, I believe.

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I'm a big fan of the MCU design for Antman and I'm thinking the updated wasp design will be killer since we all know DST is 99% likely to make minimates for the upcoming film even if it's not Janet in the suit and a long wait :/ 

For you guys' sake I hope she gets made in comic form too though! I'd have preferred her to QCQuake. 

Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp-D23-Banner.jpg

I hadn't realised MK had a variant. Apparently it was just silver vs. darker silver, so I guess it slipped by me.

I'm not really a fan of the MCU Wasp costume. Hopefully DST uses the exposure of a movie with her name in the title to release a 616 Janet or two.

Or eight.

Wasn't the reasoning for no winged chest blocks that the smaller pegs would be too fragile?

A specific chest block would probably look better than the Angel harness we use now, but I don't mind it that much. My biggest problem is that it makes her a bit taller. More important to me would be the inclusion of a miniaturised version. If Tinkerbell can get one, why not Wasp?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I actually checked eBay to see if there were any red Wasps listed because I couldn't remember if it was ever in stores. Variants of that era were a real mess. There was also a Wasp pack-in with a Goliath figure.

Another thought on the BAF: If Quake is just a new head and gauntlets on a body we already have are the packs without those parts not going to sell as well? I know I have an extra Maria Hill being used a generic agent that could easily be converted to Quake if I had the gauntlets.