UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/6/2018 at 9:50 PM, WookieFodder said:

Hey, could someone list where the Black Order Members are at?

Did the TRU ones move to Walgreens? All I got so far is Proxima from Walgreens.

Corvus Glaive- speciality and Walgreens

Ebony Maw- specialty

Cull Obsidian- Walgreens

The specialty sets are available now at Luke's. The specialty wave was formerly the TRU wave.  Ymmv for finding stuff at Walgreens.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2018/04/the-war-continues-with-avengers-infinity-war-minimates-series-2/

1 hour ago, FightTheDead118 said:

Zach, was there distribution problems with this wave or are or they legitimately not supposed to be out yet like the first wave

I second this.  I've yet to see a single figure from the second wave of Walgreens sets in stores.  Even the eBay listings are amazingly light. 

3 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I haven't seen any signs of IW2 or the last animated wave and I've covered a pretty large area. Kind of regret buying the other Black Order members if I can't even get a shot at the last one.

I've been telling myself if I can't find cul obsidian, atleast he was the most useless one. But I still want it

Still no signs of IW2 or the last animated wave anywhere near me. I even went a bit out of my normal search range and still nothing.

I'm starting to think it might be better for me if Walgreens doesn't pick up any of the comic waves that TRU's demise has left open for a new home. They were only speculated as a possible replacement but as someone stated previously, they aren't a toy store. Their distribution, which once seemed like it was getting on track, is spotty at best.

Still searching...

I found one set at one of my local Walgreens on Saturday. They were off to the side as the minimate pegs were full of the same sets everyone else is seeing. 

It seems to me that Walgreens has the same issue as every other toy retailer, they can usually sell the first one or two sets pretty easily but after that product lingers.

My family looks great, but it would look better complete... ?

I'm still waiting on my box set from BBTS, so would anyone that has this Thanos & the Infinity Box Set Thanos show me how the MCU Gauntlet looks with him, please?

fig2079flg.jpgfig3057flg.jpg

Man, I wish it was in a fist.

Edited by TENIME_art

I think it's a bit small on him, especially compared to his huge right glove, but it's passable. I hope next year we get a better sized one. And before anyone asks, I cut the peg off his helmet so it fits on both heads now 

Edited by Heinous

A few thoughts on the second Walgreens wave:

Falcon, Drax, and Gamora: Nice enough 'mates but not much new here. The facial expressions are all new and I do like having an angry Drax. Falcon still doesn't have correct guns. Gamora's knife is an excellent accessory but she doesn't get her sword.

Steve Rogers: Obviously not a lot new here either. The head looks good. Is the hair new? If it's a reuse I can't place it. The glove/shield accessories look really small compared to what was in the movie.

Cull Obsidian: This minimate is probably a great match for the reference material was given but he's definitely off compared to the movie. The sculpted chest, left upper arm, and head are all nice pieces and make for a better looking figure. The face is printed slightly off center. The weapons are nice enough but fit pretty poorly in his hands. Since they didn't make it into the movie I may display him without or find a suitable replacement. It's too bad because if this figure was more accurate it would be the star of the wave.

War Machine: Finally, a new War Machine. He's good but not great. The chest is a new piece, partially sculpted and partially printed, and it seems pretty accurate compared to what was onscreen. The cannon is new and seems generally correct though I'm not 100% sure. It seems like he could use another weapon on his back. The gauntlets are a reuse from the previous versions which isn't awful but they feel like they could be improved. The belt appears to be a new piece. He has new upper arms which have a bulkier shoulder and look excellent, these would be great pieces to reuse on other Iron Man figures. The helmet is a slipcover instead of a sculpted helmet which I don't think looks as good. It also has a small spacer sculpted at the base of the peg so it won't slide down far enough to completely cover Rhodey's head. This makes for a very tall head and hurts the overall appearance. The previous helmets will barely fit but the colors don't match. The whole figure has a subtle camouflage pattern (which I don't remember from the movie but looks to be accurate) that is pretty impressive. The tampo work overall here is very good. The figure uses normal minimate legs with no boots so his legs seem skinny compared to the bulkier upper body.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Here's Walgreens' in-store return policy.

You know, in case anyone's thinking about triggering a restock after buying out their store's current inventory to return with a receipt within 30 days.

Wouldn't it be a little awkward to return 20 or so sets of Minimates though?

I still haven't seen the second wave of Infinity War stuff yet and I've never any issues with any of the Walgreens waves up until now.

Tenime, the new infinity gauntlet is sculpted like those newer reusable hands where they put the thumb in the middle, so it's overall it's pretty slim and most other bulked up hand pieces look bigger. Even compared to the new Thanos's right hand it is smaller than it should be, like he had to really buy a lot of galactic butter to squeeze into that thing.

The infinity war comic boxset from a while back has the best glove so far that could be widely used. you