UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

52 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

Is the bottom right character Black Dwarf? And the one above him Corvus Glaive? 

Black Dwarf Is called Cull Obsidian in the movie, but yes.

DST seems to be working from a different style guide than Hasbro, Lego, Funko, etc., since the Thor minimate is missing his hammer. It wouldn't surprise me if Cap didn't get his shields.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where a guy can find the Groot/Rocket pack?  The IW minimates are really growing on me, and I haven't been able to find that set anywhere other than Luke's (sold out).  A couple of other stores have it available with the rest of the wave only, and I'm not interested in buying repeats. 

24 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Anyone know where a guy can find the Groot/Rocket pack?  The IW minimates are really growing on me, and I haven't been able to find that set anywhere other than Luke's (sold out).  A couple of other stores have it available with the rest of the wave only, and I'm not interested in buying repeats. 

Let me know if you find out. I'm at the desperation point of using menagerie....

I bet there are going to be THOUSANDS of these assortments trying to find homes at retail. Hopefully the anchor characters will help sell them into stores like Ross or maybe Barnes & Noble and BAM because I really don't see comic shops buying them in huge quantities, not when most of the wave overlaps with Walgreens and the box set. It doesn't help that they've been out for a month.

As for me, I'll be buying the whole set. Having another Iron Man is fine (I enjoy making custom armors) but the others will likely end up as gifts.

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

It looks like that's what I'll have to do.  I was hoping to not have to deal with more surplus minimates. 

Same. Living in a NYC apartment has benefits and drawbacks. This being a huge drawback. I don't have space for too many dupes especially with how many strike force and shield agents i bought! 

16 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I bet there are going to be THOUSANDS of these assortments trying to find homes at retail. Hopefully the anchor characters will help sell them into stores like Ross or maybe Barnes & Noble and BAM because I really don't see comic shops buying them in huge quantities, not when most of the wave overlaps with Walgreens and the box set. It doesn't help that they've been out for a month.

As for me, I'll be buying the whole set. Having another Iron Man is fine (I enjoy making custom armors) but the others will likely end up as gifts.

What you have posted sums up in a nutshell why I, personally, can't justify buying anything other than the Groot/RR set from the TRU wave.  It's ironic perhaps that the LCS box set characters Hawkeye & Widow will become the rare IW characters .  

I finally got around to opening  the Rocket pack,  and this is the rocket that we should have been given all along (since wave 57) but who is the genius that designed his gun,  i mean it looks good but he(or any minimate for that matter) can't hold it as the handle is too big.

14 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I finally got around to opening  the Rocket pack,  and this is the rocket that we should have been given all along (since wave 57) but who is the genius that designed his gun,  i mean it looks good but he(or any minimate for that matter) can't hold it as the handle is too big.

I’m really kinda tired of Rockets giant guns, he never really uses anything that gargantuan in the movies, the 6 inch scale marvel legends one comes with the same designed gun and the minimates one is probably bigger, they’re impossible to get him to hold or at least display nicely with them, i’d much rather have the tooling for that thing go into a smaller gun or maybe two pistols

Edited by FightTheDead118

I still think Rocket should be a microfigure but this one is definitely an improvement over the last. I'd agree that the gun is ridiculous, it looks cool for a minute and then you realize it's always going to be on the ground and taking up a bunch of room in your display. It's also a shame if it took away from any possible accessories for Groot. That figure is okay, I really dislike using arms for legs though and I'm not sure why it was necessary.

Although i agree that the enormous gun is a played out  gag, that should go away, i am referring to the handle physically  being much too think for any minimate hand to grasp, it looks the size for  a gi joe RAH weapon 

Edited by Mattallica

I honestly dislike microfigures. Scale has never been a spot-on thing in this line in the first place, and I prefer a character as prominent as Rocket be done as a proper figure compatible with the rest of the line, than a glorified accessory.

48 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

I honestly dislike microfigures. Scale has never been a spot-on thing in this line in the first place, and I prefer a character as prominent as Rocket be done as a proper figure compatible with the rest of the line, than a glorified accessory.

I'm the same.  This isn't a scale line and never has been.

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

Although i agree that the enormous gun is a played out  gag, that should go away, i am referring to the handle physically  being much too think for any minimate hand to grasp, it looks the size for  a gi joe RAH weapon 

DST does a good job of creating realistic tiny weapons, capturing a surprising number of details for the size.  And handles/grips have suffered for it for a long time.  Rifles generally don't fit in a minimate hand without stretching it out.  Because a minimate hand is not at all shaped like a human hand.  I hate to hear that has worsened with this weapon.  I think a basic shield pistol may be a better accessory anyway.

5 hours ago, stack32 said:

I still think Rocket should be a microfigure but this one is definitely an improvement over the last. I'd agree that the gun is ridiculous, it looks cool for a minute and then you realize it's always going to be on the ground and taking up a bunch of room in your display. It's also a shame if it took away from any possible accessories for Groot. That figure is okay, I really dislike using arms for legs though and I'm not sure why it was necessary.

I think the arms as legs on this groot is a good idea as he's really skinny in this film, not the giant bulked up version we saw in gotg 1. It's a good way to differentiate the two