UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

On 4/9/2018 at 5:47 AM, DSTZach said:

i DID see Tenime, Onyx, force2099 and jeffbohm. Thanks for stopping by, guys!

Good to see you!  We ended up leaving before the panel due to exhaustion. I can’t understand how the people that go all 3 days do it!

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap looks pretty cool for a basic minimate. Hulkbuster doesn't look good at all, that chest is way too large for the design and the head doesn't have any of the distinctive Hulkbuster shape. War Machine doesn't look great either, he doesn't seem bulky enough and some of those parts look to be more Mark II reuse.

33 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Hulkbuster doesn't look good at all, that chest is way too large for the design and the head doesn't have any of the distinctive Hulkbuster shape.

Well the new hulkbuster doesn't have such an oval head like the first one. It's more like a bigger head, and it looks like they put a slip cover over the pilots head. I think the way they did it is a better idea

So evidently my fuzzy memory lied to me about Gamora not wearing a trenchcoat... sorry.

I'm kinda sad it's not Meat Lighter. I was hoping Meat Lighter V might open the door for more Meat Lighter... that said, Meat Lighter has had sister waves like Warble vs Slap-mom. It's not Warble vs. Slap-mom is it? Warble vs. Slap-mom has a new game coming out soon, no? (Or possibly recently released, I don't recall)

With the Meat Lighter board game campaign on kickstarter right now my Meat Lighter hype is at an all time high right now... (go support it!)

I also like Scar Fleck... but I've gotta be honest, I won't be too hyped for that unless they do some Star Fleck the Text Simulation. The original Star Fleck has been done in minimates enough.

But seriously, Someone just say what it is. We're all cool here. The info won't be widely released. No one checks this place but us anyway.

At least humorously rhyme what it is.

Or PM me.

Edited by Gillbob316

I want to say in a positive way that there are several Minimate licenses that I do not want to be revisited purely because they have been exhausted .  There are several lines that have been extremely well executed but I can't think of many that could or should be revisited . There are of course some exceptions & the ones that comes to mind immediately is Valiant & The Munsters .  Not too much mileage in the Munsters I guess but surely we could have a box set ? Valiant is a license I'm not too familiar with but a quick 'search' shows that they have a lot of unique characters .

In the past I would have hoped for more X-files Minimates but IMHO they fell at the first fence with a broken leg .

Muppets were fun .

Edited by buttheadsmate

7 hours ago, Heinous said:

Well the new hulkbuster doesn't have such an oval head like the first one. It's more like a bigger head, and it looks like they put a slip cover over the pilots head. I think the way they did it is a better idea

Uh, I've seen the pictures of the new Hulkbuster. It might not be exactly the same as the previous head but it's definitely not a normal Iron Man helmet. If you think this is a good way to represent it, well, I guess we disagree.

My guess is Universal Monsters, the Select line always did well for DST, and there are still some cool monsters we didn't get as Minimates.  

Just focus on the Monsters and skip the B&W variants this time and we should be able to get 3 - 4 very solid boxsets.

Although I could totally see Walgreens wanting Spongebob Minimates, they would be a great fit.

7 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

I'm kinda sad it's not Meat Lighter. I was hoping Meat Lighter V might open the door for more Meat Lighter... that said, Meat Lighter has had sister waves like Warble vs Slap-mom. It's not Warble vs. Slap-mom is it? Warble vs. Slap-mom has a new game coming out soon, no? (Or possibly recently released, I don't recall)

Yeah, the new game came out in September last year.

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

Uh, I've seen the pictures of the new Hulkbuster. It might not be exactly the same as the previous head but it's definitely not a normal Iron Man helmet. If you think this is a good way to represent it, well, I guess we disagree.

hU2p5JC.jpg

If the revisited license were TMNT, then it’s a mixed blesing. Great news if it goes retro, or even fills in the gaps from the recently ended toon, but more than likely it would be a new line based on the horrendous designs from the new upcoming toon.

4 hours ago, stack32 said:

Well I never said it's a normal Ironman head, I said I think it's the best way to represent the new armor. So still, we disagree 

That exclusion would be disappointing but not unexpected. Those shields didn't show up in the style guide materials I have until a couple months ago. I'm sure other companies had more recent access to reference materials but given how early DST produced these, I won't be surprised if Cap doesn't get his shields like T'Challa commanded.