Gamora

Drax

Mantis

Nebula

Wong

Vision

Hawkeye?

Eye Patch Thor with Stormbreaker B)

I'd add the new Hulkbuster, too, which makes 18/12. I could easily see us not getting another Shuri, Okoye, Drax, Mantis, Nebula, Wong, or Hawkeye, though.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly other than the new characters (Ebony Maw,  Cull Obsidian, Corvus Glaive, Outriders), the only other characters I'd really like to see are Bearded Cap, new sculpt War Machine, new Scarlett Witch and maybe a non-tribal outfit Shuri.

We need a new War Machine right?

fUFrc6.png

Edited by Zylek

RE: Hawkeye...

This is just my personal speculation, but I'm putting a spoiler tag on it anyway incase I'm actually right...

Spoiler

I'm sure many of us have seen speculation that suggests Avengers 4 may be based on Secret Invasion. That speculation in mind... I feel like it's an obvious conclusion to draw that someone in Infinity War must die and be revealed as a Skrull... the same way Elektra died to set the story up in the comics.

And I can't help but wonder if the general lack of Hawkeye that many have noted in pre-production materials might correlate to the fact that there are things about his role they're trying to keep attention away from. Perhaps he's the "skrull death"

THAT said... it could easily also be one of the more prominent Avengers who aren't expected to return to the franchise, like Cap, but I can't help but feel that if they used one of the top Avengers, it would more or less cheapen the death and leave it feeling inconclusive. And I'm not sure that's what they want to do for those characters. Wheras for someone like Hawkeye... audiences could more easily live with the loose end (and they could potentially always bring the "real" Hawkeye back later, without the need to coax one of the headliners back into their role.)

Even if he's not a Skrull, I still can't help but wonder if his lack of presence is an indicator of his pending doom. He could easily be a "Hedwig" "Madeye Moody" type kill. An early death in the movie, to set the grim and serious tone moving forward into the rest of the plot.

Now completely unrelated to Hawkeye: I'm personally beginning to believe more and more that Black Widow is Veranke, and they're going to re-assign Spider-Woman's plot onto her for the 4th movie. I recall when Spider-Woman became a prominent breakout character in New Avengers, there was a lot of demand for a solo series that never came. I recall that after she was revealed as having been Veranke all along, Marvel finally came clean and said, "THIS is why the solo series never came. We thought it would be a bait and switch to sell fans a title that they didn't know was following an imposter as the star character." ... I can't help but draw a parallel there with the Black Widow solo movie Marvel has been dodging for years. We're only NOW seeing that movie become reality... as we draw close to Infinity War. Many have questioned why it took Marvel so long to make it. What if THIS was the reason. Yet that said... we still know nothing about her solo movie's plot other than it's rumored it could be a prequel. I grant you none of this is hard evidence, but the pieces all fit. She gets revealed as having been an infiltrator as far back as Avengers 1... She's the lead villain in Avengers 4... and then she gets the solo movie which could either explain how she was replaced (in prequel form) or how the "real" Widow re-acclimates and joins a world that sees her as the villain (much like the real Spider-Woman did after returning in the wake of Secret Invasion) OR frankly... the solo-movie could explore both ends of that plot through flashback/present day.

Add to that we have the Captain Marvel movie to flesh out backstory on the Skrulls in general between Infinity War and Avengers 4... and I feel like... the building blocks are all there for it.

Assuming they wanted to keep Veranke the lead villain... Widow is female, she's well known for being duplicitous and very capable of concealing her true nature. Most importantly, she's one of the MCU's original Avengers, which really makes the whole twist feel grander in scope. I think it virtually HAS TO be one of the originals to sell the idea this has been planned from Square 1.

Anyway I'm rambling...

But yeah... I feel like Hawkeye is gonna die. Lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, DSTZach said:

Sorry, Homestar, I have checked in and if they do not have it I will send one.

Thanks, Zach!  I really appreciate it! :)

2 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

RE: Hawkeye...

This is just my personal speculation, but I'm putting a spoiler tag on it anyway incase I'm actually right...

Hide contents

I'm sure many of us have seen speculation that suggests Avengers 4 may be based on Secret Invasion. That speculation in mind... I feel like it's an obvious conclusion to draw that someone in Infinity War must die and be revealed as a Skrull... the same way Elektra died to set the story up in the comics.

And I can't help but wonder if the general lack of Hawkeye that many have noted in pre-production materials might correlate to the fact that there are things about his role they're trying to keep attention away from. Perhaps he's the "skrull death"

THAT said... it could easily also be one of the more prominent Avengers who aren't expected to return to the franchise, like Cap, but I can't help but feel that if they used one of the top Avengers, it would more or less cheapen the death and leave it feeling inconclusive. And I'm not sure that's what they want to do for those characters. Wheras for someone like Hawkeye... audiences could more easily live with the loose end (and they could potentially always bring the "real" Hawkeye back later, without the need to coax one of the headliners back into their role.)

Even if he's not a Skrull, I still can't help but wonder if his lack of presence is an indicator of his pending doom. He could easily be a "Hedwig" "Madeye Moody" type kill. An early death in the movie, to set the grim and serious tone moving forward into the rest of the plot.

Now completely unrelated to Hawkeye: I'm personally beginning to believe more and more that Black Widow is Veranke, and they're going to re-assign Spider-Woman's plot onto her for the 4th movie. I recall when Spider-Woman became a prominent breakout character in New Avengers, there was a lot of demand for a solo series that never came. I recall that after she was revealed as having been Veranke all along, Marvel finally came clean and said, "THIS is why the solo series never came. We thought it would be a bait and switch to sell fans a title that they didn't know was following an imposter as the star character." ... I can't help but draw a parallel there with the Black Widow solo movie Marvel has been dodging for years. We're only NOW seeing that movie become reality... as we draw close to Infinity War. Many have questioned why it took Marvel so long to make it. What if THIS was the reason. Yet that said... we still know nothing about her solo movie's plot other than it's rumored it could be a prequel. I grant you none of this is hard evidence, but the pieces all fit. She gets revealed as having been an infiltrator as far back as Avengers 1... She's the lead villain in Avengers 4... and then she gets the solo movie which could either explain how she was replaced (in prequel form) or how the "real" Widow re-acclimates and joins a world that sees her as the villain (much like the real Spider-Woman did after returning in the wake of Secret Invasion) OR frankly... the solo-movie could explore both ends of that plot through flashback/present day.

Add to that we have the Captain Marvel movie to flesh out backstory on the Skrulls in general between Infinity War and Avengers 4... and I feel like... the building blocks are all there for it.

Assuming they wanted to keep Veranke the lead villain... Widow is female, she's well known for being duplicitous and very capable of concealing her true nature. Most importantly, she's one of the MCU's original Avengers, which really makes the whole twist feel grander in scope. I think it virtually HAS TO be one of the originals to sell the idea this has been planned from Square 1.

Anyway I'm rambling...

But yeah... I feel like Hawkeye is gonna die. Lol...

I feel bad that you typed that all out. I guess you could kinda connect this to you theory, but it completely takes away your first point 

Hawkeye is ronin in this. There are set pics of him in a robe and you can see his boots poking out as he walks and they look suspiciously close to Robin's boots. Also the directors have said he's on his own journey in this film and he and antman will be more prominent in A4

I more or less agree with what you've said Gilbob...

I think Avengers 4 is Secret Invasion, and that  Hawkeye is undercover on his own working on the hidden skrull plot, i agree that someone will die and be revealed as a skrull during IW ( though im dont think it will be hawkeye, i like the Widow idea with her own movie delving into her abduction ) and that capt Marvels introduction in 4 will be due to her chasing down the skrulls with the back story all taking place in her own flick.

we've been told that the title to A4 is spoilerish so "Secret Invasion" fits that plus how do you top a Thanos threat? a threat from within perhaps

Edited by Mattallica

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

I feel bad that you typed that all out. I guess you could kinda connect this to you theory, but it completely takes away your first point 

Reveal hidden contents

Hawkeye is ronin in this. There are set pics of him in a robe and you can see his boots poking out as he walks and they look suspiciously close to Robin's boots. Also the directors have said he's on his own journey in this film and he and antman will be more prominent in A4

Don't, I can knock out a fairly lengthy rant with little to no effort. English teachers love me. My friends who are looking for a concise e-mail to answer a simple question hate me.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:43 PM, stack32 said:

We absolutely need a War Machine.

War Machine MK4 would be cool.  I'm not expecting DST to spend the money on new sculpted parts though.  To be fair, except for the reactor, marks 2, 3, and 4 all look pretty similar imo.  If these were high end products, maybe, but for cheap block toys, good enough is good enough.  

1 hour ago, arnim zola said:

So wave two from the panel is?

Walgreens:
Scruffy Cap & Falcon
Hulkbuster & One of the Black Order Guys (I don't know their names)
War Machine & Another one of the Black Order Guys
Drax & Gamora

Zach confirmed Wave 2 won't have a specialty boxed set. Black Panther & The Last Black Order Guy was the TRU exclusive set that needs a new home now. It wasn't shown, but Zach did specify it was to be those two. I BELIEVE he said it's already been produced, so it should get released one way or another (not leaving the Black Order incomplete), he was fairly re-assuring about that. I don't know that he'd have specified otherwise. But my memory is fuzzy, so don't quote me on that.

He was actually optimistic that because Specialty didn't have a boxed set for wave 2, they'd probably have an easier time getting the TRU wave redistributed to specialty, since there's a product void to fill there.

I don't have pics. :P

Edited by Gillbob316

Happy we’re getting War Machine, if theres a new armor sculpt, but if not then... thankful we’re not getting another damn vision, and happier I’ll be able to skip out on a Walgreens set eith Drax and Gamora, my one Walgreens does not get these sets at all and its really killing me paying 15-20 dollars a piece for these, unless this set really blows my mind which I doubt, kinda weird no new SW, I don’t mind since I have the civil war one, but that was an exclusive and she actually has a vaguely different look with her hair color, so it’s weird we’d get Drax and Gamora who we just got last year widely available and wearing identical outfits, Hulkbuster, Cap, Falcon and the Black Order members all sound great, assuming Obsidian will be packed with HB, also kinda sucks we’re getting another Black Panther, especially as these were planned for tru which just got identical BP mates

I know for a fact one of the two Obsidian Order dudes shown in the Walgreens wave was the big muscley one. I think he was the one that came with Hulkbuster. (Which would make sense, two big brawlers)

I honestly don't remember vividly which of the two smaller Black Order guys came with War Machine, and which came with Black Panther.

I believe War Machine was a new sculpt, but don't crucify me if I'm wrong, haha.

Falcon, Gamora & Drax didn't really look like anything to write home about to me. Similar to prior releases. Drax looked very similar to his GOTG2 mate, with a different facial expression. Gamora was a little more different, and didn't have the coat.

1 minute ago, Gillbob316 said:

I know for a fact one of the two Obsidian Order dudes shown in the Walgreens wave was the big muscley one. I think he was the one that came with Hulkbuster. (Which would make sense, two big brawlers)

I honestly don't remember vividly which of the two smaller Black Order guys came with War Machine, and which came with Black Panther.

I believe War Machine was a new sculpt, but don't crucify me if I'm wrong, haha.

Falcon, Gamora & Drax didn't really look like anything to write home about to me. Similar to prior releases. Drax looked very similar to his GOTG2 mate, with a different facial expression. Gamora was a little more different, and didn't have the coat.

Did cap look like he had the shields or a new hairpiece?

Pleased to see 4 packs for Walgreens and the Black Order should be completed.

Unless it was budget issues I don’t see why DST would skip the Outriders and make Falcon, Gamora, Drax instead. I would think an army builder would be in more demand and sell a lot better.

He said Alien 4 is produced and will need to find a new home somewhere else.
I asked him after the panel if Marvel 26 was produced, and he again said yes and will need to find a new home somewhere.

I have no idea on Kingdom Hearts, I was a few minutes late to the panel, and missed the Kingdom Hearts stuff.

He more or less confirmed lots of stuff that was in the pipeline (not just minimates, but lots of stuff) is produced in a warehouse somewhere, and while they don't know how it's all going to get out yet... it needs to get out, because it's made already, haha. So it will find a home somewhere eventually.