UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Menagerie is really in your heads.

It's interesting, my first reaction is to rush out and order these, then I realize I felt rather underwhelmed after buying the Walgreens sets and I think the Rocket and Groot set looks mediocre. I guess I need to decide if I'm picking up all of the Infinity War minimates or not.

7 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

They're not close at all. Infinity War hulk has a glossier, brighter green color. While AoU Hulk is more matte and slightly darker in shade. 

Thanks. That's a shame, though, I prefer the jeans to the "tech-pants", but I like AoU Hulk's face design much more.

If my LCS can order the TRU set I'll probably get Iron Man/Thanos and Groot/Rocket.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Definitely, especially since so much of the other product has a smiling expression. I like the face we got but I suspect both will seem appropriate after seeing the movie.

On 30/01/2012 at 11:36 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Check out the head count of smiling Minimates .....it is staggeringly low .

My favourite smiling Minimate is Merry (LOR) ......he looks like he'd know . :no:

Minimates rarely 'smile', Marvel Minimates never 'smile'  .   

On 3/21/2018 at 6:36 PM, luke314pi said:

My Diamond rep called me, and the TRU Infinity War wave is finished, but TRU won't be distributing it because of their bankruptcy. So the wave is being offered to specialty stores. He expects us to receive this series on April 11th and we have it up for preorder here. 

Sounds like DST benefited from some good timing.  TRU must not have taken delivery on this wave just yet.  In my mind they were in containers or trucks and probably days away from delivery when the liquidation news broke.   A lot of vendors are trying like hell to get TRU to return any unopened warehouse stock instead of being allowed to ship it to their stores to liquidate it.  TRU owes vendors a whole lot of money.  And those vendors know there’s a slim chance they’ll see any payout when the liquidations are over and the bankruptcy is settled, so they want their shit back.  DST must’ve said screw it, pull them back, we’ll have a better chance of getting money for these elsewhere.  Guessing TRU already owes them a boatload even without this shipment arriving.

Anyway, I ordered from Luke.

So I know this is a loooong shot, but does anyone have a spare peter head/hair (from IW iron spidey) that they'd want to part with? The 2-pack I bought didn't have either & thanks to Zach, I reached out (multiple times) to customer service at DST to get replacement parts. I've gotten no response at all & none of the walgreens in my area have sets (so I could do an exchange).

Please & thanks in advance! :)

On 3/25/2018 at 11:29 PM, homestar17 said:

So I know this is a loooong shot, but does anyone have a spare peter head/hair (from IW iron spidey) that they'd want to part with? The 2-pack I bought didn't have either & thanks to Zach, I reached out (multiple times) to customer service at DST to get replacement parts. I've gotten no response at all & none of the walgreens in my area have sets (so I could do an exchange).

Please & thanks in advance! :)

Sorry, Homestar, I have checked in and if they do not have it I will send one.

Any Chance the Teenager Groot & Rocket two packs will be made available at Walgreen's due to TRU not getting them in stock before starting their closure process?

I would have paid $9.99 for a set at TRU since they raised all the Marvel Black Panther 2-packs to $9.99 the same time they are trying to sell off the merchandise.

I would have gotten at least two sets from Luke's but he is sold out.

11 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Zach, any info on what we will see/where for wave two?

Sorry, no. I ASSUME the second Walgreens wave is still going to Walgreens, not so sure about the TRU wave, although I believe it has been produced. Pretty much everyone you didn't get in Series 1 is in Series 2.

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Pretty much everyone you didn't get in Series 1 is in Series 2.

That must be a huge wave then :D

Missing from series 1:

Ebony Maw

Cull Obsidian

Corvus Glaive

Outrider

Bearded Cap

Falcon

War Machine

Scarlett Witch

Black Panther

Shuri in orange outfit