UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the second wave, Black Panther is the only one confirmed so far?  Seems like an odd choice given we just got several versions from the BP movie wave and he appears to be wearing the same outfit.

Imagine Florida Mom's the consumer SJW reaction when it's discovered that a toy company chose not to include the African title character of the highest-grossing film of the year in an assortment of largely white heroes. People look for reasons to be offended and this would be a lightning rod for such outrage. It's best to avoid it.

Plus it's another opportunity for fans to get a Black Panther Minimate if they missed out on earlier chances.

1 hour ago, Zylek said:

So for the second wave, Black Panther is the only one confirmed so far?  Seems like an odd choice given we just got several versions from the BP movie wave and he appears to be wearing the same outfit.

We finalized the line-up before the movie went blockbuster, but I'm glad we didn't leave the most popular character of 2018 out of the line-up. He's an A-lister now, and a more likely sale for the average purchaser. 

Anyone you don't see in Series 1 is likely in Series 2.

18 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

We finalized the line-up before the movie went blockbuster, but I'm glad we didn't leave the most popular character of 2018 out of the line-up. He's an A-lister now, and a more likely sale for the average purchaser. 

Anyone you don't see in Series 1 is likely in Series 2.

So that leaves the other Black Order, Cap, Rhodes, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Loki, Hawkeye, Mantis, Wong, whoever the hell Peter Dinklage is playing, Panther, Ant Man, The Hulkbuster and maybe Wasp. 

I’d like to see a Thanos who isn’t all growly but maybe we’ll get one for post Infinty War. 

I don't think we are going to be getting new versions of Drax, Hawkeye, Gamora, Loki, Nebula, Mantis, Wong.

We aren't getting Dinklage

Ant-Man and Wasp will be in their own released wave/Boxset.

Series 2:

Nomad / Black Panther (Shared Pack)

Hulkbuster / Cull Obsidian (Shared Pack)

TRU Exclusive: Vision / Scarlet Witch

Walgreens Exclusives:

Falcon / Ebony Maw

War Machine / Corvus Glaive

I'm definitely worried not just for the Infinity War waves but all future waves that was planned for TRU.  If the closing happens  at least DST managed to get another retailer on board with Walgreens. But this will hamper a lot of things for companies that don't have product at Walmart and Target. 

Edited by RedTiger95

21 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

We might get him in the Walgreens animated line, as IIRC, Zach said we're getting a new character who could double for their movie version as well, and the animated Collector looks exactly like Del Toro's version.

I guess I see the resemblance.  If that's the only way to get him I'll take it.

Screen+Shot+2015-10-02+at+9.29.32+AM.png