UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, MiniFiend UK said:

Heres Something about Thor I haven't seen mentioned before.

Reveal hidden contents

The Marvel Legends figure has him with a sword.

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-War-Thor-with-Ey

True, but the wave to figure has him with: 

Spoiler

Stormbreaker

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-War-Thor-Figure.

This is no reflection on the figures, as I think they all look like they've been faithfully interpreted based on the source material... but is anyone a bit disappointed that we're getting a sleeveless, helmetless 'Spring Break' Thanos in Infinity War, rather than the fully armoured version that was originally teased?

Related image

6 minutes ago, Nessex said:

This is no reflection on the figures, as I think they all look like they've been faithfully interpreted based on the source material... but is anyone a bit disappointed that we're getting a sleeveless, helmetless 'Spring Break' Thanos in Infinity War, rather than the fully armoured version that was originally teased?

Related image

I have a feeling he'll put on that armor at some point if only because he'll find out he needs to take the Avengers seriously.

So Avengers 4 wave maybe?

5 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

I have a feeling he'll put on that armor at some point if only because he'll find out he needs to take the Avengers seriously.

So Avengers 4 wave maybe?

I actually just found an explanation for the lack of armour in this film:

Spoiler

“[Thanos] has a more casual approach in this film, and it’s very philosophical for him. It’s part of his character definition. It’s a spiritual journey for him to collect the Stones and one with which he doesn’t need armor. Once he starts acquiring the Stones, he doesn’t need armor in the same way he did when he was a warlord. It’s a very symbolic costume.”

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

I actually just found an explanation for the lack of armour in this film:

Hide contents

“[Thanos] has a more casual approach in this film, and it’s very philosophical for him. It’s part of his character definition. It’s a spiritual journey for him to collect the Stones and one with which he doesn’t need armor. Once he starts acquiring the Stones, he doesn’t need armor in the same way he did when he was a warlord. It’s a very symbolic costume.”

I’ve heard that explanation and I do like it. But my point still stands 

Vision Quest or no Vision Quest, Thanos isn’t stupid. If he feels like he needs to armor up for a fight, he’s gonna do it.

43 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

Looking at the package shot of the boxset, anybody think Black Widows face looks off? It looks generic compared to past figures.

Definitely looks off. If I were going to replace the head, I would replace it with either the Black Widow head from the AoU line

fig2118flg.jpg

Or the one from TWS line

fig1848flg.jpg

1 hour ago, Valo487 said:

The stores I went to that had these prior to the absolutely necessary street date still have never put them back out. They might have tried to return them, they all tried to tell me they were being recalled. 

Yeah, I was told by one Walgreens manager that the set that particular store got was shipped back because they were recalled.

Edited by youbastards

29 minutes ago, youbastards said:

... I know it wasn't DST's fault.

I wouldn't go that far. It's the licensees responsibility to communicate embargo dates to retailers. Many manufacturers cover their own butts by printing that date directly onto the cartons. That way employees at the store level know when to stock certain items.

It's possible DST told Walgreens corporate about the date and that wasn't passed down the line to stores. Either way I believe there's shared responsibility in this hiccup.

6 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

Looking at the package shot of the boxset, anybody think Black Widows face looks off? It looks generic compared to past figures.

Yeah it looks very different, I'll be swapping for sure...but not the "duhhhh" face from Civil War lol

fig2495h250.jpg

AIWMMBoxSet.jpg

Edited by Zylek

I know it will not happen, but it would be nice to get an army dump assortment for this movie á lá Captain America, Thor and Iron Man 2. 

3 Outrider w/ 4 arms

3 Outrider w/ 6 arms

2 Dora Milaje

2 Jabari

1 of Thanos’ Black Order

1 Hawkeye or War Machine

Edited by Onyx_6