UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

1 hour ago, FightTheDead118 said:

Can anyone who has these tell me how the reds match up between the mk 50 and the homecoming version

If they aren't identical they're very, very close. I think you could easily swap parts around and not notice a difference, and that's coming from someone who is very picky about colors matching.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left a detail out of my story that is still giving me a little hope. As I was telling the second Manger that got called over about the embargo date, he said there's nothing they can do in store, I asked if calling corporate would speed up anything, he said no, nothing will get done on a weekend. So maybe, beings the embargo date was a Saturday, the computers didn't update? I'm gonna check tomorrow when I get off work for the pack they are holding for me 

56 minutes ago, stack32 said:

If they aren't identical they're very, very close. I think you could easily swap parts around and not notice a difference, and that's coming from someone who is very picky about colors matching.

Great, really not a fan of the slipover mask on the IW version, much prefer the plain head, not really too big on the weirdly underdetailed chest piece but I can live with that

Edited by FightTheDead118

11 hours ago, Heinous said:

I left a detail out of my story that is still giving me a little hope. As I was telling the second Manger that got called over about the embargo date, he said there's nothing they can do in store, I asked if calling corporate would speed up anything, he said no, nothing will get done on a weekend. So maybe, beings the embargo date was a Saturday, the computers didn't update? I'm gonna check tomorrow when I get off work for the pack they are holding for me 

If Walgreens needs an executive at corporate to push a button over the weekend to make sales, they're using computers the wrong way. 

Technically this isn't a street date like Lucasfilm's "Force Friday." It's only an embargo date imposed by the licensor. Ultimately it's up to retailers when they want to put out product. Too early and they risk a fine. Too late and they lose sales to others with the same product.

That said, when you're told "come back tomorrow and we'll sell it to you," you should be able to come back the next day and buy the product.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

I'd like to think somewhere out there is a Walgreens forum where people are complaining about minimate collectors.

Maybe we can start a forum for them here. B)

Went again, got a managed immediately, said she didn't see my stuff in the office, found the clerk from Saturday, she checked the shelf, it was cleaned out, every wave. So she checked the stock room and found them all but my pack. Double checked the office and said it was sitting in plain sight. And it rang up! Go to Walgreens guys! 

11 minutes ago, CortherX said:

I know not many people have these yet, but has anyone tried putting animated Proxima head on movie body?

I don't haven an answer but I do hope they make the rest of the black order. I prefer the comic PM to the movie one, mostly because of the head/face 

44 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Good thing I only wanted Thanos, my iron didn't even come with feet! 

That happened w/ my Volstagg, way back in the first Thor movie waves. Believe it also happened with my Elrond, back in the Lord of the Rings waves.

I don't know what sort of factory oversight causes a minimate to get packed without both feet, but it seems to be one of those things that randomly happens 1 in every few hundred.

Much like the old Minimate w/ 2 left arms (Who among us longterm collectors has not met this one a few times through the years?)

I had the Walgreens no sale issue this morning. Found all 4, went to buy, they're like "we can't sell these." I went back out at 2, to a different Walgreens, they rang up no problem. The only problem was they didn't have all the sets, just the exclusives. I was planning on waiting on IM and Thanos for the box set anyway, so now I'll just have to wait and get Spidey and Hulk whenever TRU gets around to releasing their wave, and I find the Groot/Rocket set....

I had no problem getting them this afternoon. What is up with the infinity gauntlet though? That thing is smaller than Thanos' hand. He needs to get O.J.'s defense team if he is ever tried for his crimes against earth. He would be walking out of the courtroom a free man in no time.

1 hour ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I had no problem getting them this afternoon. What is up with the infinity gauntlet though? That thing is smaller than Thanos' hand. He needs to get O.J.'s defense team if he is ever tried for his crimes against earth. He would be walking out of the courtroom a free man in no time.

I thought the exact same thing. It looks better on regular sized figures 

As long as we're criticizing the Infinity Gauntlet, I don't like that it has an overall asymmetrical (in that the stones are not placed symmetrically on the glove) design, but the thumb is centered. His normal hands look better because they have normal thumbs.

7 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

As long as we're criticizing the Infinity Gauntlet, I don't like that it has an overall asymmetrical (in that the stones are not placed symmetrically on the glove) design, but the thumb is centered. His normal hands look better because they have normal thumbs.

Ambidextrous glove, lol