UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

I had the same issues but the managers at the stores that had the minimates were willing to override and make the sales. Not sure if my explaining the street date thing helped or not.

My impressions after having the figures in hand:

Iron Man: If my only exposure to this look was the minimate I'd think it was a pretty good figure, but now that I've seen the arm cannons on other figures this seems pretty bare bones. I dislike the printed mask compared to a sculpted mask but it might be better than using a normal head. The chest piece is a nice addition and of course there's the normal Stark head, looking angry. It's probably new even though you might be hard-pressed to tell it from other angry Starks.

Thanos: While no one really loves the costume, this minimate looks a lot better in person than in the pics. Pushing the chest cap down and eliminating the gap that you see in DST's pictures makes a big difference. The choice of a bare arm or the gauntlet is a nice extra and I'm impressed with the face and the printing on the arms.

Doctor Strange: Exactly the same except for a new face. Some pictures show him with fingerless gloves, that would have been a nice way to differentiate him from the previous release. Too bad we couldn't get any new magic accessories.

Thor: Since there's a lot of confusion about the face and I'm not sure which is correct I'm going to leave that concern out. A nice enough figure for what it is but it feels like it desperately needs something else. If they couldn't do his new weapon some lightning effects would have been nice. With so many characters I hate to ask for one twice but it really seems like we're going to need a second Thor.

Hulk: Not much new here, it's a standard Hulk. The face is weird. I'm sure DST is going for something specific to a still or piece of art but I don't think it's working.

Spider-Man: Maybe the best figure of the wave. The costume doesn't seem quite so ugly on the minimate. The printing on the body is well done and the legs are an awesome addition. The eyes on my figure are off-center and you can see webs through the eyes, but that's a problem with practically every Spider-Man figure DST makes anymore. The unmasked head is nice to have though the expression is pretty basic.

Star-Lord: I like the face print and the jacket is nice to have. He also appears to have boot rockets printed on the legs.

Proxima Midnight: This figure is right up there with Spider-Man as the best of the wave. The sculpted head, arm, and weapon look good and the figure feels complete. The printing is very nice. She'd fit in very well with the Mass Effect minimates.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Guys I hate to be that guy, but in my experience in dealing with situations like this there is literally nothing they can do and more importantly nothing they can say about the matter until it is resolved internally between DST, Walgreens, and Marvel. It sucks but let's try not to put them in an even worse position. The mates are out there. We all want them but unless a Walgreens manager is willing to break the rules we aren't getting them until the embargo is over. As a side bar, these situations can also get very petty very quickly so if you do manage to get the mates do the store a favour and don't identify which store it was or the employee that helped you because depending on how Walgreens wants to treat this you could be putting someone's job on the line. 

Other than the two people I mentioned are literally the only people who can do anything about this. The DST rep and the Walgreen's rep. If there is something in place in the stores that is preventing (needlessly at this point) product from still being able to be sold, now that everything can be sold, there is something wrong. The sooner people know there is an issue, the sooner it can be fixed (as Zach was able to do with the sale of BP and Ragnarok Minimates). As stated above, the embargo is over. Product hits today.

Walgreens is a drug store not a toy store. Street dates for toys are probably new to most of their employees. They are also not as knowledgeable about the toys as they are the other 99% of their product. Expecting them to know anything other than what their system tells them is unrealistic. Be patient. We'll get our toys eventually.

I contacted the DST sales rep for Walgreens about the problem on 2/26 , and I was told I was told the BP and Thor problem was fixed on 3/1. I was also told IW should be good to go on 3/3, and I have informed him today that people are still having problems.

The embargo date is a real thing, not something we made up. Not sure what happened at WG, or if it was because of the embargo, but it should have been resolved by now.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I contacted the DST sales rep for Walgreens about the problem on 2/26 , and I was told I was told the BP and Thor problem was fixed on 3/1. I was also told IW should be good to go on 3/3, and I have informed him today that people are still having problems.

The embargo date is a real thing, not something we made up. Not sure what happened at WG, or if it was because of the embargo, but it should have been resolved by now.

Thank you, Zach.

What are the chances of the box set at C2E2?

So, I walked into my Walgreens today to get the figures.  I had the same problem, the items couldn't be rung up.  The manager on duty gave me a raincheck for the B1G1HalfOff.  

She emailed the help center, they are aware of the problem.  The items should have gone on sale today, but there's a glitch where they still aren't ringing up.  She said to call on Sunday to have them check if the registers were updated.  

Sigh.  First world problems.  ;)

Yep. I have been rejected at 2 Walgreens now. I got rain checks, the bigger issue is if they put them out for others to grab. One manger tried to grab ALL the movie mates from the shelf for ‘recall.’

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

My Walgreens manager was under the impression that the 3/3 embargo meant that product couldn't be sold until AFTER that date. I was told to come back Sunday. I'm patient enough to wait another day rather than argue about it. 

My walgreens manager said the same thing. I will go check tomorrow. I was out of town today n checked some walgreens where i was at, but there were no infinity war mates around.

3 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Thank you, Zach.

What are the chances of the box set at C2E2?

Not sure if product has been requested yet for C2E2. But they are in the warehouse now, and Luke and other stores should have them in a few weeks, so they may be on the floor regardless.

Ugh this is terrible... I went to three Walgreens yesterday. Two didn't have them. The third did, wouldn't ring up. I explained the situation to the cashier and she said she would put my name on them and the manager would check on it today and call me about it.

Didn't hear back so I called and was told that there was no sight of them, so they were sold by someone else who overrode the register. Complete BULL!

(So if anyone swiped them from the Walnut Creek, CA Walgreens, you owe me a set.)

I understand that in the grand scheme of life, this isn't a big deal, but it just seems to be getting harder and harder to get my 'Mates. Between TRU's closing or simply not even stocking waves (no sign of Thor, 24, or 25 at my store!), my LCS no longer stocking them because of recent release tactics (blind bags, poor case assortments, etc.) screwing them, and now this, I'm just frustrated. They're toys. It shouldn't have to be this hard to get them...

Edited by CBMM1

F*** Walgreens is all I can say, I was denied at three stores that had them. I tried to explain to  them what was going on but they didn't listen. They told me they were pulling them off the shelves for a recall, I showed them people who had them in hand and not even then would they sell them. This shit is getting frustrating, I don't want to resort to ebay for these.

After getting home last night, I had a call from one of the managers who gave me a rain check. He said that the were listed as a recall in his system. He is going to check the system again today and call if they can be sold.

I understand how this embargo date works, but the way Walgreens has handled it seems to be a mistake. Labeling something as recalled can really scare some people. Imagine little Timmy’s mom getting to the checkout only to be told the Minimates are on recall; that does it for little Timmy ever getting Minimates again and possibly have any he has taken away.

I really hope we can actually purchase them today!

the Irony that, Whomever notified Walgreens HQ that these were on sale in a few stores a couple of days early, has now disrupted the entire system and made them miss the launch date as well as  not be willing to sell any Minimates in some stores is "Amusing" though.

No sale today for me either. Just a no sale, inform manager message when trying to ring up. Not worth the effort. I try to give these places my money, they just don’t want it.

Edited by MrClean

1 hour ago, lopez888 said:

F*** Walgreens is all I can say, I was denied at three stores that had them. I tried to explain to  them what was going on but they didn't listen. They told me they were pulling them off the shelves for a recall, I showed them people who had them in hand and not even then would they sell them. This shit is getting frustrating, I don't want to resort to ebay for these.

Looks like some how Menagerie got 5 packs of each

Yeah if Walgreens put out a fix for these it’s not widespread. I still can’t buy them either. But behind that counter they will stay. 

Probably not going to buy the Thanos pack now though. I can just order the box set from my LCS now that I know he’s in there. So Walgreens did lose a bit of money on that. 

52 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

Probably not going to buy the Thanos pack now though. I can just order the box set from my LCS now that I know he’s in there. So Walgreens did lose a bit of money on that. 

Same here. I was prepared to buy all four sets. I'm down to three now. I'm sure someone else will buy the one I put back. 

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

Looks like some how Menagerie got 5 packs of each

So far he’s doing a better job of selling these than anyone whose job it is to do so. I’ve been shot down three separate times so far. I’m starting to get a strange satisfaction out of costing DST and Walgreens sales because now that they’re pulled who knows when they’ll put them back? Choke on them for a little while.