UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

A distinction without a difference. If Gunn wants to insist people type out adolescent instead, good luck with that.

I've had about enough of Gunn insisting what I should and shouldn't believe about Groot this week.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groot II wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer in GOTG2.

Back to topic, the LCS boxset is probably going to be Bucky, Black Widow, Iron Man and Thanos right?

Edited by Zylek

9 hours ago, stack32 said:

A distinction without a difference. If Gunn wants to insist people type out adolescent instead, good luck with that.

But really. I love James Gunn and I love his work but this one thing... this is annoying. 

Pretty sure he’s just saying asinine things to see what fanboys will do with the asinine things he’s saying. 

12 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I'm not arguing grammar semantics. His name, according to his creator, is "Adolescent Groot."

Maybe he becomes "Teen Groot" in Infinity War or Vol. 3, but the individual seen in the 3rd credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with Peter Jason "Star-Lord/Star-Prince/Star-Munch/Who?" Quill is "Adolescent Groot." 

"Trash Panda" & "Twig" are acceptable, because they were written by James Gunn.

James Gunn, who says "Teen Groot" is incorrect.

Well not to beat a dead horse but Gunn has stated he’s also “Tween Groot”

“Another minor misconception is that people think that's Teen Groot at the end of the movie," Gunn explained. "And I understand why. It's actually Adolescent Groot. I would call him 'Tween Groot.' Or, we call him 'Adolescent Groot.' He's not quite a teenager yet."

He must really want to differentiate tween from teenager for some reason, maybe that’ll be part of GOTG3, Groot becomes a teenager.

"Adolescence typically describes the years between ages 13 and 19 and can be considered the transitional stage from childhood to adulthood. However, the physical and psychological changes that occur in adolescence can start earlier, during the preteen or "tween" years (ages 9 through 12)." ~ PsychologyToday.com

Oh, and I found ONE SET at Walgreens last night. Of course they wouldn't sell it to me but are holding it until Sunday. They also overreacted and pulled ALL the Minimates from the pegs.

If Marvel's gonna move the film release up a week it seems they could lift that embargo, too.

I think anyone that deals with pre-teens and teens can tell you the distinction is not without a difference.

At any rate, that new design for Behemoth-buster Ferrous Man would be cool to see in Punypal form.

https://previewsworld.com/article/208246

Marvel Minimates Avengers 3 Box Set (SEP178022, $24.99)

This all-new box set features Iron Man in his Mark 50 armor, Thanos with his Infinity Gauntlet, and two exclusive characters – Black Widow and the Winter Soldier! Each Minimates mini-figures measures approximately 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation, as well as fully interchangeable parts and accessories and a display stand. Packaged in a full color window box. Designed by Barry Bradfield!

Widow's costume doesn't seem to be as green as it could have been, so I think I'll get the box set even though I have no interest in the new Bucky.

It does seem a little weird to me that Widow's face is less detailed than her last three movie versions, though. Hopefully the likeness will be stronger on the final product.

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

I picked up the TRU Exclusive Infinity War Groot Pop today

Gods d@mn it, I just got caught up with all the exclusive Infant Groot Pops...*sigh*

Pic? I assume it's different than the one with the rifle that I preordered on BBTS?