UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2018 at 6:43 PM, Dave said:

When will these be released to the public?

On 2/25/2018 at 7:42 PM, Valo487 said:

I keep seeing the date March 3, but I’m not sure if that’s official or an educated guess. 

On 2/25/2018 at 7:44 PM, FightTheDead118 said:

I know march 3rd is the official street date for the lego sets, not sure about everything else

Well, I just got off the phone with the Walgreens I was at this past Friday, and I was told March 3rd.  The manager emailed their support center, and was told they couldn't sell them until then, so it's likely these were street dated and slipped out.  If you have a set on hold anywhere, or plan to go hunting, Saturday is your day!

On 2/23/2018 at 3:09 PM, Heinous said:

Honestly I'd be surprised if we get black panther, beings his product is still on the shelf right now. Unless he has a drastically different look in the movie. 

@TENIME_arthis face is angrier than the first release. Almost positive his hair is new (or different than the last, I thought it had more volume on the original) 

I like that rocket is fixed, I'll pick him up just to customize into a 2008 dna rocket

@ZylekI don't thing groot is reall taller, it's just bad photoshop 

HulkGroot_zpsgnefxffb.jpg

Since it looks like Teen Groot will use the same feet at GOTG1 Groot, I pulled the chest expander to see about how tall Teen Groot will be compared to Hulk.  He might be a tad taller but he is at least the same height as Hulk.  I wish they would have made an effort to make him smaller since he appears to be shorter than an adult human in the movie.

Adolescent Groot. Adult Groot, Baby Groot (potted), Infant Groot (Vol. 2), and Adolescent Groot (Vol. 2 credits scene & Infinity War). There is no "Toddler" or "Teen" Groot.

And Gunn just confirmed that the Volume 1 Groot died when the Dark Aster crashed into Xandar. Volume 2 & Infinity War Groot is "Groot Jr." - a completely different character/entity. His "son," as it were.

I found three out of four packs at a Walgreens last night (no Spidey/Hulk, so I'm hoping them & IM/Thanos are shared packs), and was met with the same resistance at the register. The Store Manager said "they must be recalled," to which I kept arguing that they were brand new, and the computer error is probably a street date thing, but not a "recall." But then she jumped to another register to get rid of the line forming behind me, and the Assistant Manager said "if they're out on the shelf, we have to sell them," and entered them manually for me. I haven't opened them yet, but I got the exclusives! Yay!

3 hours ago, Zylek said:

HulkGroot_zpsgnefxffb.jpg

Since it looks like Teen Groot will use the same feet at GOTG1 Groot, I pulled the chest expander to see about how tall Teen Groot will be compared to Hulk.  He might be a tad taller but he is at least the same height as Hulk.  I wish they would have made an effort to make him smaller since he appears to be shorter than an adult human in the movie.

It's Def new feet beings that they are using the arm pieces as legs (also those are slightly shorter than normal legs) and it's a new head that's not as tall. I think he'll be a decent amount shorter than a bulked up figure 

Edited by Heinous

21 minutes ago, Heinous said:

It's Def new feet beings that they are using the arm pieces as legs (also those are slightly shorter than normal legs) 

Ok now I zoomed into the image and see what you are saying, those are arms as legs but that doesn't make him shorter (Arms and Legs are same length) unless the peg is deep into the foot not like the existing Groot foot.  Zooming in also has me debating whether that is a child chest piece since the hip piece doesn't have the gap like my Groot below.

Groot2_zps3t5bsnvh.jpg

44 minutes ago, Zylek said:

Ok now I zoomed into the image and see what you are saying, those are arms as legs but that doesn't make him shorter (Arms and Legs are same length) unless the peg is deep into the foot not like the existing Groot foot.  Zooming in also has me debating whether that is a child chest piece since the hip piece doesn't have the gap like my Groot below.

Groot2_zps3t5bsnvh.jpg

I slightly different length, but the main thing is the head is shorter and I'm pretty sure the foot pieces will be slightly shorter too 

The teen Groot minimate looks like it has the same small chest as Rocket to me.

Marvel Legends Thor is in a different costume than the minimate, so that could be a second chance to get his new hammer.

There seems to be a pretty clean split between green and grey for Black Widow's vest in merchandise. I prefer the grey, but I'm not sure which is more accurate.

I'm wondering how they'll handle the Outriders. I kind of want them to put them together in a two pack like the Chitauri from the Avengers wave. Easier to army build that way. 

I also feel like they'll give us a 2018 SDCC exclusive set with some of the missing characters or variants.

Edited by RedTiger95

How about "Tween Groot" then? :confused:  I don't like to type "adolescent" and it doesn't roll off the tongue like teen does, but I'll go with "tween" if "teen" bothers people.

I'd argue that an adolescent can be a teen, hence the dictionary definition:

ad·o·les·cent
ˌadəˈles(ə)nt/
adjective

1. 1.
    (of a young person) in the process of developing from a child into an adult.
    synonyms: teenage, pubescent, young; More

noun

1. 1.
    an adolescent boy or girl.
    synonyms: teenager, youngster, young person, youth, boy, girl; More

I'm not arguing grammar semantics. His name, according to his creator, is "Adolescent Groot."

Maybe he becomes "Teen Groot" in Infinity War or Vol. 3, but the individual seen in the 3rd credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with Peter Jason "Star-Lord/Star-Prince/Star-Munch/Who?" Quill is "Adolescent Groot." 

"Trash Panda" & "Twig" are acceptable, because they were written by James Gunn.

James Gunn, who says "Teen Groot" is incorrect.

"People are asking me a lot about how fast Groot grows, because in his appearance in the Infinity War trailer he was an ADOLESCENT (not a 'teen' as has been reported in many places). This is exactly the same state of growth you see in the post credits scene of Vol. 2: Adolescent Groot." ~ James Gunn, July 23, 2017