UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

@Gillbob316 I don’t know for certain, but I would be willing to bet that Spidey and Hulk are the TRU/Walgreens shared pack. IM/Thanos will be everywhere. Rocket and Groot at TRU. Widow and Bucky in the LCS box set.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, ya'll are right, my brain was... breaking these sets down incorrectly. For some reason I was forgetting that there were 2 Walgreens exclusives in both Black Panther and Ragnarok, and thinking there had only been one... but it's the other way around... TRU is the one who usually only has one.

So in a backward way I was thinking only one of these would be Walgreens exclusive (Which isn't the case)

Edited by Gillbob316

Was surprised to find upon opening her that Proxima's head is an entirely new sculpted piece. I was assuming it was a slipcover.

You know... if you had told me a year ago that I'd own two Proxima Midnight minimates going into 2018... I'd have said, "Who the hell is Proxima Midnight?"

44 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Pics?

They were on eBay, although I guess what I saw was the Vanity Fair covers, but without text: https://wdwnt.com/2017/11/vanity-fair-gives-us-first-look-heroes-avengers-infinity-war/

It doesn’t show her with powers, but when she was on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, she kinda implied that she still has her powers from IM3. I’m hoping. She would be more welcome, especially with powered up parts, than repeats of 4 characters we got in the last month, or even Ant-Man and Wasp, who appear to be identical to their upcoming movie looks.

Craaaaaaaap.

So, I went to hit a Walgreens on my way home from dinner.  Get in 10 minutes before close, and find the full set!  Full on made my day.  Got to the register, they wouldn't ring up.  Items all said "Cannot be sold.  Retain item and inform manager." in the register.  So, left my name and number with the figures.  Looks like Walgreens may already be hitting the brakes.  :(

Well, now I'm sad.  Anyway, this was also in the Chicago burbs.  Around West Chicago.  Quick shout out to the Northlake finder earlier!  That's my hometown.  Sorry, I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd go back to find your name.  

That happened to me with the first set I found of the Black Panther mates. It just means they didn’t get a price put into the register. At least I am pretty sure that is what it means.

24 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

That happened to me with the first set I found of the Black Panther mates. It just means they didn’t get a price put into the register. At least I am pretty sure that is what it means.

I’m thinking this is a case of a broken embargo and Walgreens crapping its pants at the Disney Team that is unleashing (polite but holy) hell. Congrats everyone that got them!

Edited by thereasonsy

8 hours ago, pjl80 said:

Craaaaaaaap.

So, I went to hit a Walgreens on my way home from dinner.  Get in 10 minutes before close, and find the full set!  Full on made my day.  Got to the register, they wouldn't ring up.  Items all said "Cannot be sold.  Retain item and inform manager." in the register.  So, left my name and number with the figures.  Looks like Walgreens may already be hitting the brakes.  :( 

Yeah me too. Got them under my name at my store. Actually talked to the store's GM so if he sells them to someone else I know who to come down on.

Crap... now I wish I'd bought both sets in Northlake (Also my home town pjl80, small world).

I could go back now... but I worry I'd just encounter the same. Still, might be worth a shot...

If nothing else, glad I at least got myself a set.

UPDATE: Just went back to Northlake. All four packs were still on the shelf. Tried to buy them. Rang up no-sale. (Mind you, this is the exact same store I bought a set at less than 24 hours ago). I brought out my receipt from last night, said I bought one identical set last night, and regretted not getting both, so I came back. Cashier called out a manager. Their theory was that maybe they'd been recalled for safety/choking issues (to explain why I'd been able to buy them last night, but couldn't now). I knew that wasn't the real explanation, but didn't say as much and played dumb. In any case, they wouldn't sell them to me. (Which is fair, they don't know the answer, for all they know I could be a corporate spy trying to get them to sell me a known choking hazard)

They offered to take back the set I bought (again, thinking choking or saftety issue) and I thought "OH HELL NO!" but... just politely declined, haha.

IN ANY EVENT... yep, this was definitely a mistake, and they have definitely caught it and fixed it. ZACH! YOU RATTED US OUT DIDN'T YOU!? (Only kidding, only kidding)

I'm kicking the crap out of myself for not buying both sets.

Edited by Gillbob316

1 hour ago, Valo487 said:

This is so silly, once the cat’s out of the bag, all you do is frustrate people by not allowing them to buy the items. I still have yet to see ANYTHING that explains all the secrecy attached to these, from all companies producing merchandise for this movie. 

It's just an embargo date that DST plays by. Lego is worst at it 

I know, and I could understand it years ago, but now as sophisticated as social networking can be, this stuff is worldwide within minutes, and it seems like they always get scooped by a cell phone camera photo. It seems like it’s doing the manufacturers a disservice by not allowing them proper time to solicit and generate interest in the product, and for what? The trailer which dropped months ago gave away the same things that are still for some reason being kept under wraps. I’m not upset about it, but I don’t really get it either. It’s not like the Attack of the Clones figures with removable arms and heads. 

I agree. Outside of the Spidey arms, there is nothing in this assortment that hasn't already been revealed by trailers and other promo material. Hell, they still haven't even officially revealed the Marvel Legends lineup (and there is literally NOTHING new there). It's ridiculous, honestly.

11 hours ago, Valo487 said:

I know, and I could understand it years ago, but now as sophisticated as social networking can be, this stuff is worldwide within minutes, and it seems like they always get scooped by a cell phone camera photo. It seems like it’s doing the manufacturers a disservice by not allowing them proper time to solicit and generate interest in the product, and for what? The trailer which dropped months ago gave away the same things that are still for some reason being kept under wraps. I’m not upset about it, but I don’t really get it either. It’s not like the Attack of the Clones figures with removable arms and heads. 

It may be every where online but not everyone is looking for it. We're just spoiled toy collects that watch every trailer and want products asap. The GA doesn't care

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

It may be every where online but not everyone is looking for it. We're just spoiled toy collects that watch every trailer and want products asap. The GA doesn't care

Harsh but true. It may not be a thing for us however there is a lot of work that goes into these releases and a botched launch is depressing for everyone and could have business implications for everyone involved. Hopefully it just boils over after an awful series of process meetings.

But my point is, the current approach is getting botched anyway. So all they’re accomplishing is depriving the production companies of the ability to solicit their products. And for what? This happened for this film because the product was already on the shelves, and in the case of Marvel Legends and Lego, there was no question of the product being ordered, and what was revealed by it? Nothing. Cap has a beard. Shocking. I’m not worried about it because I’m a spoiled collector, if they actually had something to conceal I would encourage them to hide it. But there’s nothing to hide so far, it just seems so arbitrary, and it never works anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Well actually we never saw proxima midnight in he ttailer, so that's kind of a spoiler. Collectors know about her but once again the GA doesn't

They revealed her along with Thanos and the rest of the Black Order back at D23 in July.