UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I think the Iron Spidey suit helps protect Pete from Thanos' brutal blows. I don't think Tony designed the "Homecoming" suit with that in mind. 

And personally I'm not a fan of the last suit. The one from TASM2 is my favorite. Tony's is far too techy. 

How could he possibly know about Thanos coming at the end of homecoming? And I agree the ASM2 suit was perfect but we're talking about the MCU now, and the homecoming outfit is about close to perfect as we're gonna get. 

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

How could he possibly know about Thanos coming at the end of homecoming? And I agree the ASM2 suit was perfect but we're talking about the MCU now, and the homecoming outfit is about close to perfect as we're gonna get. 

I don’t think it was necessarily designed for Thanos specifically, but instead so Tony can put Peter into more dangerous situations with people who cause more damage than Vulture. He designed the Spider-Man suit for low risk missions. He knew Captain America wouldn’t allow his people to kill any of Tony’s guys. No such guarantee with legitimate Supervillains. But Peter turned it down to keep being low-risk. 

Now he’s gonna have to take it up because he’s gonna wind up with an uncomfortable amount of responsibility very quickly. 

11 hours ago, Heinous said:

How could he possibly know about Thanos coming at the end of homecoming?

I didn't mean to imply that Tony knew about Thanos (although Stark's vision during the events of Age of Ultron certainly suggests some foreshadowing).

My point is that the Iron Spider suit is more powerful than the Homecoming suit. It's an upgrade, and just like all of Tony's suits, it looks different. 

Yes, they could have gone with the crimson and gold design from comics but again there are at least two other similarly colored characters in the fray. This is a motion picture not a comic book that can be read and studied at the reader's pace. The suit has to look different from his previous suit without resembling anyone else's.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 3:44 PM, MisterPL said:

Agreed. The original costume is considered among the best – if not the best – comic book superhero designs ever.

Sometimes less is more.

I don't think I've ever seen the phrase "less is more" used to describe Spider-Man's original/classic comic book costume. Less is more? It's notoriously one of the most artistically over-detailed costumes ever. His webs are a classic example of "things we didn't think through" from a character design standpoint. They make him difficult and tedious for artists to reproduce repeatedly over several animation cells/comic panels, but the costume is indeed a classic, so they've kinda remained stuck with them over the years.

Not saying it isn't one of the best visually... I just don't think it's a good example of "less is more" haha. The symbiote costume is a good example of less is more.

Edited by Gillbob316

I'm comparing apples to apples.

For the standard suit, they took an already "over-detailed" comic book design and added elements to it for the Civil War/Homecoming suit. Likewise, they took a pretty streamlined Iron Spider comic book design (essentially a scarlet & gold version of the symbiote suit) and went all cornea gumbo with it to make the Infinity War version.

So yeah, less is more, especially with a Spider-Man costume.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 6:25 PM, DSTZach said:

Info in March, I believe.

It's funny that official pics from all the toy lines (not just minimates) won't be out until March, it'll be less than 2 months before it premieres when they finally come out.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:00 AM, Zylek said:

It's funny that official pics from all the toy lines (not just minimates) won't be out until March, it'll be less than 2 months before it premieres when they finally come out.

They have Black Panther merch to move. Probably don't want it getting overshadowed by the onslaught of Infinity War product coming.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:29 PM, Gillbob316 said:

I don't think I've ever seen the phrase "less is more" used to describe Spider-Man's original/classic comic book costume. Less is more? It's notoriously one of the most artistically over-detailed costumes ever. His webs are a classic example of "things we didn't think through" from a character design standpoint. They make him difficult and tedious for artists to reproduce repeatedly over several animation cells/comic panels, but the costume is indeed a classic, so they've kinda remained stuck with them over the years.

Not saying it isn't one of the best visually... I just don't think it's a good example of "less is more" haha. The symbiote costume is a good example of less is more.

Well, the less they mess with the original design the more I like it.

As for toy images looks like the first stuff is starting to leak. It would seem theyare going for a ultimate Thor style replacement for the Hammer.

gallery-1518439960-dvysq5xvoaeq2iijpg-la

As we know, Thor is going to have a new weapon in Avengers: Infinity War – and we've finally got a look at it...

Yep, it's Groot!

Nah, we're joking. Thor isn't using Groot as his latest weapon, though Groot does have a role to play in it all. (More on that later.)

In a new photo posted on Reddit by BruceBannerfanboy, the toy version of Thor reveals the God of Thunder holding his new weapon thanks to the image on the front of the packaging.

And by the looks of it, it's actually a sort of half-hammer, half-axe (aka Ultimate Mjolnir), since Thor is in need of a new weapon after the loss of his beloved Mjolnir in Thor: Ragnarok.

As we mentioned above, Groot is likely involved in Thor's new weapon – in one way or another.

In the first trailer for Infinity War, Thor was shown waking up on the Guardians of the Galaxy's ship, so it's likely they help him in his search for a weapon.

It's also possible that Groot gives Thor a piece of his body. If he does, Groot's superhuman durability and plasticity will surely make Ultimate Mjolnir pretty robust.

Meanwhile, Chris Hemsworth's Marvel contract is sadly finished after Avengers 4 and it looks like the star could really be putting the hammer down as Thor.

Credit to Digital Spy for the article. http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/news/a849777/avengers-infinity-war-thor-toy-new-weapon-hammer-ultimate-mjolnir-groot/