UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Anecdotal evidence alert: Doctor Strange did not perform well at TRU or my LCS. Both have lingering product.

I'd be happy with a 4-pack featuring Ant-Man, a pair of Wasps, and whoever the big bad is. (I say that now but I'll be singing a different tune as soon as the trailer hits.)

Well we have (so far) Scott, hank and hope returning. The new cast includes Bill Foster, Janet and the villain Ghost (played by a woman) 

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Well we have (so far) Scott, hank and hope returning. The new cast includes Bill Foster, Janet and the villain Ghost (played by a woman) 

If I ran the circus, Ghost would work for Elias Starr, aka Egghead, a rival and foe of Pym's from back in the day.

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Dibs on that Michelle Pfeiffer head .

cradle robber ;)

If Black Panther is getting a box set at LCS, I wonder if it'll get a Walgreens wave, or just one for TRU. If the movie isn't heavy on visually interesting characters I could definitely see 8 'mates being enough. 

T'Challa and Killmonger seem like locks for the shared characters. I hope Klaue ends up in the LCS box set.

20 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

There will be a Walgreens assortment. Same as Thor.

That list of characters is missing a couple of key characters (Shuri, Okoye), and some key variant looks (SEEKRIT), but you will get all of them.

So, if BP is following the Ragnarok model (12 'mates), and we're getting all of the characters/looks listed by Trev and Zach, there are three we don't know about, likely more variants?

So far, it seems like whether or not I get the LCS set depends on how much T'Challa is an improvement on the CW version, and if Klaw is included.

I'm thinking Ant-Man and the Wasp will likely use this model, too. Hopefully we'll still get at least one LCS wave for Infinity War, though.

Man, I clearly don't know crap about Black Panther, because I read these names and don't know who 9 out of 10 of these people are, lol.

I know Black Panther. I know Klaw. I'm quasi-aware of Shuri, just because she's an alt costume for T'Challa in the game Marvel Heroes. I think Man-Ape is supposed to be in the movie isn't he? I assume one of those names is probably him?

Past that I'm lost, lol.

I just hope the minimates have more costumes than plain clothes, BUT hey... I'm a completionist. I'll buy them all anyway. And after I see the movie I'll know more about them! Not like it hasn't happened before! :D (I'm looking at you Guardians of the Galaxy)

Edited by Gillbob316

Everett K. Ross is the character Martin Freeman played in Civil War, the government guy. When first introduced in Christopher Priest's era of the Black Panther, Ross seemed to be loosly based on Micheal J Fox's character in "Spin City", but assigned by the state department to keep T'Challa "in line" and not cause any "international incidents" during one of the king's visits to the US. Thus Ross got dragged along on a series of adventures, including a confrontation with Mephisto, and T'Challa took a liking to him. So pretty much throughout Priest's run, and a little after, Ross was around in some capacity.

Erik Killmonger is the child of Wakandans exiled for aiding Klaw in the villain's scheme that resulted in T'Chaka's death. That fact that they were unwillingly pressed into Klaw's service escaped the grief stricken T'Challa, and Erik's father died in exile. Filled with hate, Killmonger dedicated his life to toppling T'Challa's reign. And he's temporarily succeeded in taking the thrown from him a few times, as Killmonger likes to brag, he is the only man to beat T'Challa in a fair, one-on-one fight, repeatedly at that. Aside from Klaw, Killmonger is probably the closest thing the Black Panther has to a competent arch-enemy.

Another Priest creation, Nakia is much less known of the Black Panther's rogues gallery. Priest introduced the idea that each major tribe sends a girl to the palace to serve as one of the king's honorary ceremonial wives of the king, they are in fact his highly trained and deadly personal guard. Nakia was one of the first introduced, but she proved mentally unstable, and became obsessed with T'Challa, convinced she was far more than his ceremonial companion. When, T'Challa set her straight she took it... poorly. Hooked up with Killmonger, and proceeded to cause trouble.

• 3 weeks later...