UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

I hope we can get the black order from the movie. It'd make a kickass box set for next years SDCC since the movie doesn't hit till may and it'd just be 2 months later. While I enjoy the Walgreens Proxima, it is one of the few times I agree with the whole "animated not fitting in" argument. Hyperion, Spider-Man, even animated Coulson all could pass for comic/movie versions to me but Proxima just looks very cartoonish and simplified. Not a knock on DST, I mean they probably had to make it cater to that style, and I'm happy we got one. I'd just rather have a more detailed one and have the headdress be a seperate piece. 

Plus I mean after this years SDCC set a box set of the order would be awesome and completely worth the wait. 

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making them a boxset would be 180 degrees from DST's current approach though. If they get made I think it's more likely they get packed with an Avenger somewhere, especially if that makes sense based on the plot. Or they could end up like the Warriors Three.

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

I don't really collect movie versions any more, but I feel like this is the only chance to get the black order outside of maybe corvus (Proxima is good enough for me for the comics display, especially since the movie version is shrinking her head horns) 

It looks like we wont be seeing Super Giant, unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I'm happy we got one. I'd just rather have a more detailed one and have the headdress be a seperate piece.

Speaking to this, does she have the hair coming out the back of the helmet on the cartoon? I noticed in the comics she had long blue hair which I wasn't previously aware of.

I picked up a boatload of Infinity books and tie ins at various sales over the last month or so. Despite my initially ridiculing her name I really dig Proxima and Corvus. Actually the whole Black Order so the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. 

Shame she doesn't have the comic helmet in the movie, I think it'd look fantastic on the big screen. 

https://i.redd.it/pvn55dfqfdbz.png

The majority of the characters still look mostly the same as their last appearance so hopefully dst sees that and doesn't give us too many direct repeats, the only really essential revisits would be Cap, Tony, Widow, Spidey, possibly Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch since we can't see their full costumes and maybe a new normal Hulk, obviously we're probably gonna get a few of the guardians but we got 27 main characters on this poster without Ant-man, Fury or The collector, and we better get the collector this time (and please do not give us another identical Vision)

Edited by FightTheDead118

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't taken an especially close look at the costumes yet but at first glance Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Vision, and Scarlet Witch will look identical to earlier versions. The characters who have significantly different looks are Cap, Black Widow, Iron Man, War Machine, Spider-Man, Bucky, and Thor. Characters with modest changes would be Hulk and the Guardians.

I'm guessing assortments for the upcoming Ragnarok and Black Panther films could take care of some of the newer costume changes that crossover into Infinity War. Otherwise we're looking at multiple series from two or three retailers, which is certainly possible I suppose.

I'd say we'll get at least as many 'mates for this as we got for AoU or CW. Maybe Black Panther won't get a minimate, since his movie is the last one before Infinity War, but between BaFs and Walgreens I wouldn't be surprised if we got everybody.

Vision, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and Falcon were at TRU for CW because they'd been at LCS previously, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened for Mantis and Scarlet Witch.

Now, we may have to factor Walgreens into the equation. And little to no LCS... Avengers, Team Nomad, Guardians, Black Order... If CW had two waves, this will need three minimum. Easy

DST will have a full production schedule even without product based on Fox films.

Black Panther hits February 16th. An early assortment for Infinity War could hit before the movie opens on May 4th but Ant-Man and the Wasp opens only a month later on July 6th. That makes about six months worth of nothing but MCU SKUs.

And who knows if DST has plans for Venom (October) or the animated Spider-Man movie (December).

That begs the question will Ant-Man and the Wasp get full waves, or just a pair of boxed sets again?

Anecdotal evidence alert: Doctor Strange did not perform well at TRU or my LCS. Both have lingering product.

I'd be happy with a 4-pack featuring Ant-Man, a pair of Wasps, and whoever the big bad is. (I say that now but I'll be singing a different tune as soon as the trailer hits.)

Lang/Pym don't have that deep a bench of credible villains. Pym has Whirlwind, Porcupine, Egghead, a bunch of whacky 60's communist agents... and Ultron. Lang has a bunch of guys who think he's Pym, and oddly Taskmaster. I'd put money on a version of Egghead (evil scientist wants to rule the world, or at least make so much money it doesn't matter and/or ruin Hank Pym) mixed with Dr. Karl Malus (evil scientist who wants to create super powered underlings to steal money for him) into some kind of Power Broker style storyline.

As far as release timing goes it's worth keeping in mind that everything that was revealed in the last few weeks  probably won't be hitting before December (the Iron Fist boxset is the only Marvel minimates product currently on the ship dates list) at the earliest, unless DST is going to manage things out surprisingly quickly. That leaves a lot of product in the first six months of next year.

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

As far as release timing goes it's worth keeping in mind that everything that was revealed in the last few weeks  probably won't be hitting before December (the Iron Fist boxset is the only Marvel minimates product currently on the ship dates list) at the earliest, unless DST is going to manage things out surprisingly quickly. That leaves a lot of product in the first six months of next year.

I haven't added stuff to the ship dates list in a little while. Just moved old stuff around. Thor Ragnarok had packaged samples at SDCC, so they will hit next month. Brotherhood and Series 74 should hit by end of year, I think. 75 and Black Panther are definitely 2018.