UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity War

Gmonkey2k

So. D23 happened. Just reading the description of the trailer has me stocked for the movie. And considering how many waves we got for Civil War,....

This is going to be crazy. 

And for anyone who hasnt read the description yet, here are two different sources about it. Both have the same major points, but the do have some notable differences. (POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILERS)

Spoiler
  • “Death follows him like a shadow," Mantis says of Thanos
  • Peter has Spidey-Sense! He's riding in a school bus as the hairs on his arm stand up as the villains' ship descends to Earth
  • Spidey has his new costume, the sleek one he rejected from Tony at the end of Homecoming.
  • Gamora walking around in the Collector's Lair where the aether from Thor: The Dark World is stored
  • Loki offering up the Cosmic Cube
  • A massive ship crashing into a planet
  • Seems like the Avengers -- including Iron Man, Star-Lord and Spidey -- are in another realm at one point.
  • “This does put a smile on my face,” Thanos declares as he arrives on the planet and confronts the Avengers.
  • Doctor Strange and Star-Lord all trying to fight him
  • Quick shots of the Winter Soldier and Black Panther in Wakanda
  • Cap shows up WITH A  BEARD
  • Iron Man has a new kind of Hulkbuster-tyoe armor and possible a different mach of armor
  • Thanos palming Thor's head like he going to pop it like a balloon
  • Black Widow looks SUPER different, different hair. She's blonde now.
  • Looks like there are several different battles on different fronts
  • Thanos wielding the gauntlet, destroys a celestial body of some kind -- it was so quick but it was either a planet or a moon -- and HURLS IT AT THEM from on the ground.
  • Is Tony Stark the last man standing? Is his premonition from Age of Ultron coming true? His face was ashen, he was shaken.
Spoiler

"Avengers tower comes into frame. Clips from The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 2, and Iron Man 3 play."

"'We are arriving,' Mantis said to the Guardians. Teenage Groot in a seat. They describe this place as 'dangerous.' The body of Thor lands on their windshield. His hair is short. Rocket is startled. Mantis wakes him up using her powers. Thor is startled. All of the Guardians look at him, prompting him to ask who they are. The ship zips through the cosmos. Elsewhere, Wanda dodges some white energy, and it breaks a truck. Somewhere else, Loki stands in ruin, presenting the Tesseract to someone. Peter's Spider-Sense takes off as he rides a bus. Tony prepares for battle. He is in space with the Guardians.

"'Fun really isn't something one considers when balancing the universe,' Thanos said. 'This does put a smile on my face.' Gamora looks on, terrified. The Guardians observe ruin in many places across Earth and the cosmos. Thanos warps into this new world. Star-Lord battles him. Strange battles him. Spider-man, in his new suit, battles him. Winter Soldier battles on Earth. Wakanda readies to defend their territory. Cap steps out of the shadows, bearded, with longer hair. Hulkbuster fights.

"Peter looks up at Tony, laying down with his mask off, fighting tears with Tony's hand behind his head, and says, 'I'm sorry, Tony.'

"Black Panther fights an Outrider, appearing as it did Infinity. Thor's head is squeezed by Thanos. Thanos pummels Iron Man in a fight. The Guardians are all defeated. Thanos has assembled the Infinity Gauntlet. He throws a moon at an entire planet."

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see...We've got:

• Iron-Man
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye
  • Vision
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Loki
  • Star Lord
  • Gamora
  • Drax
  • Groot
  • Rocket
  • Mantis
  • Nebula
  • Doctor Strange
  • Wong
  • Ant-Man
  • Spider-Man
  • Black Panther
  • Winter Soldier
  • THANOS (duh)
  • Proxima Midnight
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Ebony Maw
  • Black Dwarf
  • Collector
  • Nick Fury

Edited by Gmonkey2k
Added names

This is why we've got a new/old mass market retailer on board. Specialty gets an assortment, TRU gets an assortment, and [Target] gets an assortment.

Throw in something for SDCC and maybe a Barnes & Noble exclusive and you've got the movie covered.

24 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Mantis, Vision, Scarlet Witch...

16 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Nebula...

Updated the list

13 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

This is why we've got a new/old mass market retailer on board. Specialty gets an assortment, TRU gets an assortment, and [Target] gets an assortment.

Throw in something for SDCC and maybe a Barnes & Noble exclusive and you've got the movie covered.

Target has Minimates?!

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Target's just an educated guess. It's a mass retailer that has stocked Minimates in the past. They have a planogram aimed at collectors now, which is not only a great place for vinyl figures (Vinimates) but Minimates as well.

Agreed, but also hopeful, as that would make 'mates more accessible in general. I've noticed the wall of collector-aimed products popping up in almost every store I've visited in my area, and yes it would certainly be the place to find mates of mini and vini alike.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

I don't think adding retailers necessarily alleviates the problem of finding a slot for the major characters because you're still going to have a lot of overlap. Which retailer is signing up for doing an Avengers wave without Iron Man, Cap, etc? With 4+ waves worth of characters (not counting variants) it will take a lot to get the movie covered. Though maybe with the sequel coming relatively quickly after things will be split up?

The idea of having to go to four or more retailers to pick up everything doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

That list doesn't even include Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp, the Inhumans or any of the TV show characters (Netflix/AoS)!

I only started collecting MCU 'mates with wave 63, and I had no access to TRU exclusives or wave 67, so I still need versions of Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, Drax, Nebula, & Ant-Man, as well as the new characters. I wouldn't mind a Cap with better paint alignment on his mask, an Iron Man with better shoulder joints, a non-gladiator Thor, a full-grown Groot, or a Black Panther with claws, either.

I'm good on Hulk, Nick Fury, War Machine, Bucky, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, & the other Guardians, but I'm sure I'll end up getting new versions of them, too.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

That list doesn't even include Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp, the Inhumans or any of the TV show characters (Netflix/AoS)!

I wouldn't keep your hopes up over any of the TV characters making their way onto the big screen any time soon...

20 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Target's just an educated guess. It's a mass retailer that has stocked Minimates in the past. They have a planogram aimed at collectors now, which is not only a great place for vinyl figures (Vinimates) but Minimates as well.

I hope it's Target!  Minimates are perfect for the collector section and it would be great for DST to get their products in SO many stores!

I still think it's Disney Store. They've had them in the past and have a relationship w DST. Also, they stock items specific to each Marvel movie. I could see them wanting minimates for each new Marvel movie.

Edited by fwoosheyman

9 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Just give me Thanos, Black Order members and the new Spidey/Iron Man armors and I'll be happy. I've got plenty of versions of everyone else.

I don't really collect movie versions any more, but I feel like this is the only chance to get the black order outside of maybe corvus (Proxima is good enough for me for the comics display, especially since the movie version is shrinking her head horns) 

40 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I don't really collect movie versions any more, but I feel like this is the only chance to get the black order outside of maybe corvus (Proxima is good enough for me for the comics display, especially since the movie version is shrinking her head horns) 

I'd guess that DST's going to at least try to complete the group in the animated line.