UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

tru wave 24

Dave

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

TRU.com needs to step up their game. Hopefully store inventory went there and not Ross or some other regional discount retailer.

I've seen the writing on the wall at my local TRU for a few months now.  New Minimates just are not coming in anymore and I used to be able to get EVERYTHING which how I was able to help out so many on here over the years.

It would be much easier if TRU.com had these listed when they hit stores.  I normally don't order stuff online but I would definitely order new Minimates online versus consistently being let down every trip to my local TRU.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the hell does Menagerie have more than 10 available of each 2-pack and multiples of each individual figure available? I seriously can't stand this guy.  If anyone could help me out with these for cost and shipping, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If I can't get these, it might be the final nail in the coffin for my Minimates collecting.

Just as a tip:

I've noticed pretty much all my local toys r us stores have moved all the minimates from their misc. locations to the "collectible" aisle/section, for lack of a better term.

Marvel Mates used to be with the marvel toys, TMNT with the TMNT, Pirates of the Caribbean w/ Pirates, etc. No longer. They're now all together with all the other specialty toys. Other items in this section are things like NECA toys, Living Dead Dolls, Heroes of the Storm, Blind Bag Toys, Funko & Other Vinyl toys. Things that don't typically fit in other sections, and are targeted more at adult collectors than kids. For some reason they're often over near the video games & skylander figures, completely removed from the rest of the action figures/action toys.

Before SOME of the minimates were in this section, but mainly just the ones that didn't fit in any other section. Lately ALL of the minimates have been here, including the new waves (which is where I found them). Leftover Wolverine & Dr. Strange also got moved here.

Edited by Gillbob316

Yeah my TRU missed Covenant and all I’ve got are Wolverine, Ghostbusters, Pirates, and Guardians vol 2. And I think maybe like... x files or something. Nothing new in a while come to think of it. 

Might have to try Mall of Georgia at some point. Maybe they’ve got something. 

Yeah, you definitely want to check the collector's aisle for your Minimates. However, Marvel ones still seem to be put with the other Marvel products sometimes. At my local store the new wave was in the Marvel section, and the Spider-Man movie ones are up front with the other SM:H merch. They actually just did a nice reset in my store for the collector's section, and all the Minimates were put together right in the front of the aisle. Someone also had to organize all the Pops, which I can only think was a Herculean task.

No luck in Central Illinois (Blo/No area).

The Local TRU had all the minimates moved to the collectible aisle for a while now but they just revamped the aisle.

Pirates Minimates are not in this aisle and are found in the aisle with the very small amount of Pirate merchandise left at the store.  All other minimates have been moved to the collectible aisle.

They have Doctor Strange and the Secret Wars sets on clearance.  Aliens, NBX, Ragnorok, Dark Tower and Spider-man Homecoming are all marked $7.49 each.  Jessica Jones Box set is now $9.99 and Civil War & Guardians are $5.99 each (Pirates are also $5.99 each).  There is a set of Plants vs. Zombies but I don't recall the price, I think it was still $14.99.  They had Ragnorok on two pegs, Aliens were on three.

I will revisit the store next Thursday to see if they get Wave 24.

This thread need pics.

20171027_210414.thumb.jpg.61976734c9e1acd99f442962a74b124b.jpg

Carrion was one I was really looking forward to and he doesn't disappoint. Kind of surprised to see the float stand back in circulation and it seems like a new version of it. Kind of hollow. Still doesn't fit that foot snug. His wrist bands are reuse but he gets new parts for the ties. They would look awesome on an 80's rocker. 

BROS!

20171027_210706.thumb.jpg.4beb4e5aeb0e746c3e8562c30c6f2feb.jpg

The star of the set. I love how the face looks like the default Peter Parker that DST has established. That's hard to do working in such a minimalist style.

20171027_210630.thumb.jpg.c27bdcb18230e272cd83051e90600801.jpg

I know nothing about Gwenpool but the details came out nice. I like the blend from pink to blonde on the hairpiece, something you don't see often. All that pink definitely makes her stand out.

Somebody who hasn't been around in a while would love this:

20171027_210526.thumb.jpg.c7ce07d736646dbb1148daa203f87621.jpg

I like the new costume more than I thought I would. The chain on her waist hangs off the back. Hair seems New?

20171027_210453.thumb.jpg.f135cbf310bca71f6c3aef666bb6c75a.jpg

Unworthy and worthy. Not much to say here.

Here's the Collector with his zoo:

20171027_210839.thumb.jpg.096885bc42ea8deed1e69e15ff447e72.jpg

And here's Quicksilver stealing his hair:

20171027_210802.thumb.jpg.582c1c216b37718e0ad8b30f436b25f4.jpg

BIG thanks to a helpful board member! I'll help people out if I ever see these. It's really a great wave!

I could not find these three sets at either the Toy R Us by the Fox Valley Mall or in Downers Grove in Northern Illinois.

Edited by Scorpion

On 9/25/2017 at 8:18 PM, Heinous said:

Dunno if that's what's you're after.

I don't see the UPC number and I don't have a Instagram account. Is that what you need to see the UPC numbers?

@Scorpion, tap the right side of the pic and it will scroll to the next pic. That one has the upc numbers you're looking for.

I found remnants of this wave while traveling this weekend and grabbed a few pks for myself and two other local Multiversers but the Collector pack still eludes us. If anyone has extras of the Collector pk for cost + shipping I'd love to buy from you.

Also, Carrion is awesome and looks great with the Spider villains. Nice job to DST on the selection of the character and the execution. 

On 10/27/2017 at 8:25 PM, bigvis497 said:

Here's the Collector with his zoo:

20171027_210839.thumb.jpg.096885bc42ea8deed1e69e15ff447e72.jpg

Ummmm....Cosmo!?

Also, when I found these, they weren't in the collectibles, they weren't with the rest of the Minimates, they weren't in the Marvel section - they were on an endcap side-rack at the bottom. If I hadn't been so stubborn as to keep looking, I would've left the store frustrated after checking the aforementioned spots, instead of pleased that I found them.