UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

tru wave 24

Dave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, youbastards said:

Did they have 7 packs of the Wave 23 Wolverine series?  If so, that was the inventory that their system saw because of the shared item number.

No wolverine wave. Just a handful of lies 

it's no wonder they're doing so terrible. I'm trying to spend at least $100 and they don't want it. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

19 minutes ago, DarthBurkie said:

I would've made them look before I went. I've been burned too many times over the phone. I work in retail and the one thing I tell my staff is "nothing is here unless it's in your hands"

I did make them look, and I did as well. We searched for like an hour. I wasn't trying to drive all that way empty handed. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I did make them look, and I did as well. We searched for like an hour. I wasn't trying to drive all that way empty handed. 

I drive better when there's nothing in my hands. Just sayin...

But for realsies, that sucks. I stick to eBay for the TRU waves, because I haven't found any there for the last year or so. However, my closest Walgreens is killing it when it comes to finding minimates.

Edited by Freaqualizer

16 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

I drive better when there's nothing in my hands. Just sayin...

But for realsies, that sucks. I stick to eBay for the TRU waves, because I haven't found any there for the last year or so. However, my closest Walgreens is killing it when it comes to finding minimates.

I usually need the steering wheel but to each their own ?

And yeah I mean menagerie is only like cost + shipping for some single figures ($3 + $3 shipping per figure - about $6 for some) so I don't know. Compared to all the gas I spend it might not be that bad. Sucks when scalpers are almost cheaper than trying to get the figures yourself. Almost makes you not want to collect anymore. 

Just now, The Scarlet Spider said:

I usually need the steering wheel but to each their own ?

And yeah I mean menagerie is only like cost + shipping for some single figures ($3 + $3 shipping per figure - about $6 for some) so I don't know. Compared to all the gas I spend it might not be that bad. Sucks when scalpers are almost cheaper than trying to get the figures yourself. Almost makes you not want to collect anymore. 

LoL! I know the feeling. I know most people aren't overly thrilled with the Animated line, but I think I might have dropped out of the game without those releases. It was too hard to find the TRU waves and my LCS stopped ordering minimates. I wasn't utilizing Luke's Toy Store before, but definitely will now. So, there's several waves I still need to catch up on. 

On 9/29/2017 at 2:19 PM, The Scarlet Spider said:

Drove all the way to the next nearest Toys R Us over an hour away... when I called before leaving they had 7 in stock. When I got there they also said they have 7 in stock me and the workers look all over the store.. no luck. "System must be wrong"...

I am honestly in disbelief. 

I personally went to two different Toys R Us stores last month that said they had the Marvel Legends Cyclops/Phoenix 2-pack.  Each store was showing 3 in stock.  They could not find them.  They called 3 other stores in neighboring cities that also showed stock online.  Those stores were also unable to find them.  5 Toys R Us stores...each of them showing that they had this item...none of them able to locate it.

I LOVE Toys R Us but they can be down right aggravating from time to time.

2 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I personally went to two different Toys R Us stores last month that said they had the Marvel Legends Cyclops/Phoenix 2-pack.  Each store was showing 3 in stock.  They could not find them.  They called 3 other stores in neighboring cities that also showed stock online.  Those stores were also unable to find them.  5 Toys R Us stores...each of them showing that they had this item...none of them able to locate it.

I LOVE Toys R Us but they can be down right aggravating from time to time.

There's 5 or 6 of those at the New Hartford TRU if you're still looking. 

Well, 0 of 2 so far.  The Erie TRU was completely out of any Wave 23/24 mates.  The next closest TRU was completely stocked on the Wolverine wave 23 mates, so the Scarlet Spider set is going to be a no-go there, which likely means finding these in stores is not going to happen.  Arrgh!  I love the option of getting new mates, but these exclusives that you can never find is getting a bit annoying, especially when one is of my favorite character. 

Can somebody please hook me up with a full set, cost + shipping? I checked every TRU I could on my NYCC road trip and had no luck.

FYI - If I help you clear out your Wave 24 stock then your store will have a better chance of carrying Wave 25.

I've never had any issues tracking down the TRU waves but I'm not too hopeful about finding this wave in my area.  Normally they show up around the same time as when everyone else first starts to find them but the fact that wave 23 still hanging around on the pegs isn't a good sign.  :/

Edited by MisterMiracle

Is anyone finding wave 24 in PA? I did a big search last Sun and found nothing over seven widespread stores. Checked a few again after work last night and two this morning that are even more out of the way and still nothing. What's got me concerned is that only two of the nine were clogged with 23, the rest only had a couple packs if any. Of course the two that are jammed with 23 are the closest. 

I hope this isn't like wave 18 which never hit my area. Anyone know how much of an area Tru  distribution centers cover? Is it broken down by counties? States?

I've found no sign of TRU 24 in either PA or NJ. It must be the item number being the same as 23 that is causing the lack of product. It's always been easy to find previous waves and there is a still a fair amount of 23 at all the stores I check.

I ended up just going to ebay for 24 since I got tired of checking and wasting my time.