UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

tru wave 24

Dave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We've been doing a lot of less recognizable new characters with high profile re-dos, at specially AND TRU, so only one character in each set needs to be "big enough for TRU". Two of the characters I would call fairly obscure, although one has been in a movie. Two who come together I would call less well-known, but together are pretty strong.

Dare I hope that cosmic = Grandmaster?

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Two who come together I would call less well-known, but together are pretty strong.

So when you say 2 characters that come together, would that mean characters like the Strucker Twins (Fenris) who need to be in contact with eachother for their powers to work. Or someone like the big mud monster that Hydro Man and Sandman made when they got mixed together?

2 minutes ago, spidermatt said:

So when you say 2 characters that come together, would that mean characters like the Strucker Twins (Fenris) who need to be in contact with eachother for their powers to work. Or someone like the big mud monster that Hydro Man and Sandman made when they got mixed together?

I think he means that they come packed together.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Were Cosmo ever to be made he should absolutely be a pack in. Not sure who he would best fit with though.

Rocket. It'd have to be Rocket if he was a pack in. That or maybe Moondragon as the two of them spent some time on Knowhere together in the Annihilation era Guardian stories.

1 hour ago, spidermatt said:

Fenris was the first thing to come to my mind, too. But do they fit the rest of the clues?

The two who come together comment, I think, simply means that either character on their own isn't a huge draw but they're both big ENOUGH draws that, when packed together, they should move.

Think about... AoA Sinister and Nimrod. Neither is even CLOSE to an A-lister, but between then they make a pretty cool pack.

Mind you, I'm not Zach. I could be way off base

1 minute ago, Mnemosis said:

The two who come together comment, I think, simply means that either character on their own isn't a huge draw but they're both big ENOUGH draws that, when packed together, they should move.

Think about... AoA Sinister and Nimrod. Neither is even CLOSE to an A-lister, but between then they make a pretty cool pack.

Damn. Now I'm desperately hoping for an AoA Colossus & Storm 2-pack.

12 hours ago, elhonez said:

Mantis and Swordsman. Heh.

If only!!  Still, I am very encouraged to hear the trend of more obscure characters being packed with the high profile ones now, even at TRU.

As for this wave I have very little idea, though regarding the classic cosmic character there was a post some time back by Zach in the wishlist thread where he commented on a list of avengers villains posted by Ronan and said one of them was in TRU24.  Three of the list were cosmic I think: collector, grandmaster and korvac, so I'm guessing it may be one of those.  If so I'd imagine the likelihood is grandmaster, collector and korvac in that order?

I don't think Cable would qualify as less well-known. Adding his obscure villainous clone wouldn't really add much to his prominence at TRU.

We should be seeing these pretty soon, though. How early are the display cases usually shown? Tomorrow?

More obscure characters at TRU is a nice trend (especially for people who can get them, but I complain about that too much as is). The exclusives for 20-23 were all pretty big names, and 15 was the last wave with anyone I'd really call obscure.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

I wonder who the character is that's "been in a movie?"

(but is otherwise fairly obscure)

Collector would be an option, but he was a large part of the movie and people now know who he is. 

Perhaps Alastair Smythe? A Spider-Slayer suit Smythe? He's not very much in the public conscious and he was completely glazed over in the one appearance he had in ASM2

4 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Collector would be an option, but he was a large part of the movie and people now know who he is. 

Perhaps Alastair Smythe? A Spider-Slayer suit Smythe? He's not very much in the public conscious and he was completely glazed over in the one appearance he had in ASM2

If only. That would be fun or maybe even Mockingbird but she was just in the show.

Smythe already got a figure though in the movie line. 

Leonard Sampson was technically in the Incredible Hulk. If they're not counting Marvel vs. Capcom figures, Dormammu was recently in Dr. Strange.

Oh wait, there's Kurse.