UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

tru wave 24

Dave

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I thought I did! Three new characters, three updated looks. One re-done spider-verser, one new hero look, one new villain look. New characters are classic cosmic, spider-rogue and legacy anti-hero.

And the guessing games begin!

52 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I thought I did! Three new characters, three updated looks. One re-done spider-verser, one new hero look, one new villain look. New characters are classic cosmic, spider-rogue and legacy anti-hero.

Is there any crossover with other waves?

Another legacy anti-hero... It couldn't be Infamous IM (:() because he isn't new. My guess for the Spider-Verser is a Ben Reilly, either Scarlet or Spectacular. Jackal (from the wishlist thread) would be new and has a thematic link to Reilly.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Well, technically, Infamous could be "new" because it's a brand new identity for Vic. It's not another armor for Tony or Doom update. I count it like Ironheart. Although I doubt that's it. I can't really think of Legacy anti-heroes though. British Punisher AKA Outlaw? 

1 hour ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I'm curious who the classic cosmic character is. And it's a new one. Going by the hints given, it would have to be a hero or not a full on villain, yes? High Evolutionary or Starhawk would be the first two that spring to mind for me.

I'm hoping for Vance Astro since he's cosmic and also a Cap stand in/legacy hero.

New Characters:

Classic Cosmic = Quasar? 

Spider Rogue = Hammerhead? Prowler? Calypso?

Legacy Anti-Hero = Don't care LOL

New Looks & Redos:

Spider-Verser (to match Spider Rogue) = Black Cat done right this time?

New Hero Look (To match Legacy Anti-Hero) = No clue, but I want an X-man, darn it!

New Villain Look (To match Cosmic Classic) = I'd say Grandmaster or Collector but those haven't been made....maybe bulked-up Thanos?

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Legacy Anti-Hero?! Oh boy, please be Infamous Iron Man!

Hopes crushed in 3...2...1...

Infamous Iron Man is not a new character. You can call his 180 personality change a new personality, if you like, but we have made Victor Von Doom 

Hmm. Classic cosmic, new character. Hero, villain, or neutral?

I'd love any one of:

• Eternity
  • Stranger
  • Grandmaster
  • Collector
  • Uatu the Watcher
  • Champion of the Universe (though he's technically been done, as a Deadpool Corps member)

I'm hoping for a classic Collector. As for the Spider-Man characters, Zach said that it was two characters who match, like they have something to do with each other. That being said, it could be a comic variant of Noir Spidey and then a Noir villain to go with him. I don't think a Noir villain would really work from a marketing standpoint, though. Does Ben Reilly count as a Spider-Verser? We could really benefit from a new Scarlet Spider. If that's the case, Kaine or the Jackal could be the villain. 

Collector would be a pretty deep cut for TRU even with a movie appearance. I'm guessing Vance Astro(vik)/Major Victory. He's pretty obscure too, but his resemblance to Captain America seems like it would help his chances.

I'm having trouble thinking of unmade cosmic characters who are popular enough for TRU. Zach's made it pretty clear that he counts movie versions, so that rules out Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Yondu, Nebula, and Mantis.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

31 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Collector would be a pretty deep cut for TRU even with a movie appearance. I'm guessing Vance Astro(vik)/Major Victory. He's pretty obscure too, but his resemblance to Captain America seems like it would help his chances.

I would love that a little too much. Then I'd get my Marvel Boy and Girl within the same year as Medusa. Man, this is going to be a good couple of months.

We've been doing a lot of less recognizable new characters with high profile re-dos, at specially AND TRU, so only one character in each set needs to be "big enough for TRU". Two of the characters I would call fairly obscure, although one has been in a movie. Two who come together I would call less well-known, but together are pretty strong.

On 7/16/2017 at 3:02 PM, DSTZach said:

They're both updated looks. @BuffaloDelorean

Edited by The Scarlet Spider