UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Warriors

EricM

Since the announcement of a New Warriors tv show on Freeform, would this help in getting more minimate representation for the team? I would hope for comic versions as well as the tv versions.

I think so. New Warriors has been extremely underrepresented in well, pretty much every toy line ever. Although what I think of as New Warriors probably isn't Marvel's idea of New Warriors anymore. Anyways, they all have very cool looks and I would love to see them all.

Marvel seems to have zero respect for the New Warriors and I doubt DST has much more as their 90's love seems to be mostly restricted to X-Men. I'd love to see these characters as minimates, I just think it's unlikely even with a sort-of related TV series.

23 hours ago, EricM said:

I would have thought they would have done Justice and Speedball when they did Avengers Acadamy series.

I am dying for a Vance Astro and have had a head piece and hair picked out for him for years waiting for this. Sadly no one has been able to capture the magic of the New Warriors since that first series.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I've never read a New Warriors comic, but I'd get Justice and Firestar for the Avengers and X-Men.

You should try the first 25 issues from Fabian and Bagley. That was some great stuff. 

I know there are three trades of the original series out there. I've been hoping for a fourth but Marvel doesn't seem interested in releasing more.

Not that DST would do a wave of this team, but if they did I'd say the essential members are Night Thrasher, Namorita, Marvel Boy/Justice, Firestar, Nova, Silhouette, and Speedball. It wouldn't be a bad place for Rage and Darkhawk either and I suppose Scarlet Spider could fit too. Some of their villains were kind of cool too though that is absolutely never going to happen. I particularly liked Smiling Tiger:

mark-bagley-circle-art.jpg.f88b7d5aed023317f569d8a345180f0b.jpg

On 7/15/2017 at 2:12 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I've never read a New Warriors comic, but I'd get Justice and Firestar for the Avengers and X-Men.

I know they did release on omnibus which collects the first 20 something issues and an annual 

this was one of the first Marvel series I collected and I still love the concept to this day. I love the fact that they've done box sets of Alpha Flight and have completed the New Mutants, 90s X Force, Excalibur, etc but I would  it if they did a box set of the Warriors. 

On 15/07/2017 at 5:25 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I loved that creative team on T-bolts. If I can find a trade I'll give it a shot.

If you like digital comics, you can find the issues on Marvel Unlimited and Comixology. Although for comixology I would wait until there is a sale since they price their books ridiculously high.