UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel's New Warriors

Nessex

Sigh...

So... two real Warriors, two utterly forgettable Warrior, a Great Lakes Avenger and the AT&T girl...

hoo boy.

Yeah - I thought this line-up looked weird. I didn't read a lot of New Warriors as a kid, but I remember them from trading cards and an issue of Marvel Swimsuit Illustrated (or something equally wierd).  Pretty sure that Namorita, Nova, Firestar (& Turbo & Rage?) featured

the New Warriors were initially Night Thrasher, Firestar, Nova (Rider), Marvel Boy (Astrovich), Namorita, and Speed Ball. As time went on Silhouette, Rage, and Turbo joined the team, Marvel Boy changed his name to Justice, Namorita went by Kymaera for a while, Dagger, Scarlet Spider, Darkhawk, and Alex Power briefly joined (Ben joined in an attempt to link the book to the Spider Titles), less said about Hindsight the better, and they came within issues of creating Richard Rider- Space Knight as they picked up threads of left over Dire Wraith / Rom plots as the first series wound down. There have been at least four attempts to restart the book, the second was the reality TV idea which featured Microbe and Debris as members and eventually lead to Stamford. None have gained any traction. Pretty much as soon as original writer Fabian Nicieza (yes I had to look up how to spell it) left the book, it started to fall apart and never recovered.

Interestingly, Squirrel Girl was never a member of any 616 version. That was only the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

13 hours ago, Prowlar said:

Isn't this the Pre-Civil War Reality TV New Warriors Vol. 3 team? Seems a strange choice for a children's comedy series especially if Nitro destroys Cinematic Universe Stamford as the season climax.

Well the MCU's CW happened for completely different reasons. I know that's how I found out about them but I'm not sure why it would happen. Civil war part 2? I mean

apparently the registration/coming out as a superhero is still strong in Homecoming

im just glad Speedball gives us our second MCU Thinderbolt after Gargan. Now they just need to introduce Osborne, Bullseye, Moonstone, and Sentry. Ima perfect world Daken but oh well lol. 

If the Thunderbolts show up in the MCU, but only as their Osbolts incarnation, I'm going to be really disappointed.

I'm not sure how I feel about MCU Spider-Man shying away from villains who have appeared in previous movies, but it'll be worth it to me if it means we'll see the Beetle.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Osborne's T-bolts just weren't the T-Bolts, they were the Suicide Squad. Which was fun, no doubt. But it wasn't some known 616 supervillains trying to reform, and not sure how. Which was what I liked about the team. 

And stealing Robbie's joy like that, I'd rather not go through that again. I didn't enjoy it the first time. But YMMV.

Now the question is- will these Warriors be in costume, or plain clothes? Cause I'm really over the heroes in a hoodie thing.

19 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Hide contents

apparently the registration/coming out as a superhero is still strong in Homecoming

That's because Homecoming takes place two weeks after Civil War. Like Guardians Vol. 2 (which takes place maybe a month after the first movie), it's not current in the MCU continuity. Not saying it wouldn't still be a current thing now, but that's why it's so strong in Spider-Man.