UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2017 SDCC Exclusive (or retail exclusive?) Any News?

Spider-Gwen was a special case, certainly, but yes usually the shared packs linger much longer. This is in part, probably, because there are scalpers that will buy anything with that "TRU Exclusive" silver sticker on it. But even sets that don't have a marked store exclusive experience the same phenomenon.  Though I suppose the Secretary of Energy might use this as another example of supply and demand....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule

President Chuck Terceira and painter Brian Felgar discuss the origins of and what's next for DST's long-running Minimates mini-figure line-currently celebrating 15 years-and Vinimates. Previews of toys from Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League, The Defenders, The Dark Tower, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Aliens, Predator, and more. There will be a Q&A with prizes for the best questions, moderated by Zach Oat(ToyFare magazine).

I don't think we knew Defenders 'mates were going to be there.

Darn work. They didn't put them up before I started and now both the Hasbro 6-inchers are sold out. Do I really want to spend $13 to get this set?

9 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

Darn work. They didn't put them up before I started and now both the Hasbro 6-inchers are sold out. Do I really want to spend $13 to get this set?

Shipping is a bitch, and if you bought the wave you basically have the set already minus the hands and half mask. I'd already made this spidey months ago with pizza and the Walgreens half mask spidey. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

On 7/20/2017 at 7:55 PM, MisterPL said:

I just ordered it and got another Crazy 88s set to get the free shipping. I don't mind army-building those little dudes. Wish I could've gotten another Spidey set for a spare Keaton noggin though. 

Did you get the last one (Crazy 88)? I can't seem to find it via search....

Searched translucent Donatello and got nothing. There was a super lite promo pack of the founder of diamond comics Steve G. Neat pack with one on eBay currently at $76 with 36 bids. Also found a bagged comic superman vinimate like the one they showed at toyfare, but a darker blue. Only one on eBay, 3 days and sitting at $16.

Donatello was given out by Nick on Friday, I think. They did not announce it in advance, and I had very little warning when or if they announced it. Sorry I did not get the word out. Chuck offered it to them to complete the set. We made about a thousand.