UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2017 SDCC Exclusive (or retail exclusive?) Any News?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Except that the food hands are red...

He's being careful for fingerprints. Peter got nervous after Kent was outed and all. :D

 

Seriously, while my wallet appreciates the break, only one minimate 2-pack exclusive is disappointing.

Edited by Mirymate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the one guy who loves this figure:

 

fig0008flg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

I gotta say I'm loving Sippy Cup Spidey. At worst, Old Man Keaton will still make a great Bruce Wayne custom for a Batman Beyond or Dark Knight Returns display. I'm just glad the figures aren't in black & white.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

As an exclusive on it's own, it's not bad... Better than sewer muck Spidey and You-don't-want-to-know-what-that-stain-is Lizard from a few years back.

 

52 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Ummm...it's better than the 2012 poop-stain Spidey & Lizard pack at least. :confused:

 

You owe me .50 for stealing my joke from the wave 73 discussing, you cur!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, luckycreature said:

Line is slowly dying. And so is my interest. I have a full detolf of Marvel mates as is so I guess I have plenty.

Considering we're at Series 74, every line we put out is a record-breaking miracle, but sorry your interest is dying. Marvel Minimates are in three times as many locations as they were a couple of years ago. We've changed how we release Marvel, partnered with a new mass retailer and diversified the source material, but the number of releases is not very different. Not sure you can take the number of sets we bring to a four-day event as a real indicator of overall interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach did a good job preparing us to not expect too much, so really I can't say I'm disappointed at all.  Honestly, con exclusives have become such a pain that I personally feel relief when I don't particularly want them.  Hopefully these sell well at the con and TRU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Yes, there is a non-pulled-back masked head, BUT we packed it in with the non-pulled-back-masked-head Spider-Man/Shocker 2-pack available now at comics shops and Toys"R"Us stores. Sold separately! :D

So in Summary, no. ;) - but if we are playing the you can get them elsewhere game... My local comic book stores don't stock minimates any longer due to  people only buying the stuff that's not at TRU leaving them with shelves full of stuff that doesn't sell, my TRU is better at stocking minimates these days but still is very hit or miss on what it gets.

I get this is a limited exclusive (& It's a cute idea in that's also a nod to wave 4) I Just feel like it seems an odd choice when you're at the biggest geekshow on earth where you need something special to wow people and you give them a spidey pack that claims 'extra' parts but it cant be a displayed as a regular spidey.

Not trying to be a debbie downer but as folks say, I feel this is a swing and a missed opportunity.

T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TBT! said:

My local comic book stores don't stock minimates any longer due to  people only buying the stuff that's not at TRU leaving them with shelves full of stuff that doesn't sell, my TRU is better at stocking minimates these days but still is very hit or miss on what it gets.

 

Same here. Mine still stocks Marvel but little else and is getting pickier about that much. They got particularly burned by The Walking Dead and passed on Alien, Predator, and TMNT assortments. They're happy to order the 4-packs and con exclusives like this when asked but they're getting leery. :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was really hoping for that jacket....

And Keaton Douglas gets 2 chest blocks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can I just say how freaking great the face is on that Keaton mate. I don't know if you've ever captured someone's likeness as well as Keaton is captured here. 
Those lips are so distinctive, and you guys have nailed it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, youbastards said:

When this becomes the Vinimates Vultiverse then I will add Vinimates to the list. ;) 

 

 

LOL I still want to see what buttheadsmate's buttlieverse would be like.

Also, that is a great likeness of Keaton. Well done on that DST!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you visit SDCC then exclusive sets & promos are part of the fun but TBQH if you can't get there then IMHO the fewer bits of stuff you have to chase the better I like it.

 

Regards the 'Buttlieverse' ........:D........I'll leave that to your imagination but youbastards' Vulvaverse seems far more interesting .

I call dibs on being a Moderator & being a 'bully '

 

 

 

    

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Considering we're at Series 74, every line we put out is a record-breaking miracle, but sorry your interest is dying. Marvel Minimates are in three times as many locations as they were a couple of years ago. We've changed how we release Marvel, partnered with a new mass retailer and diversified the source material, but the number of releases is not very different. Not sure you can take the number of sets we bring to a four-day event as a real indicator of overall interest.

Yeah and your Walgreens mates are exciting because of all the different characters we're getting. 

But I am lucky enough to live in a town with three comic shops all who refuse to order minimates anymore unless I buy a full case. It's not because of competition either. To quote one owner

"we can't justify filling our shelves with different versions of Spiderman . I love the character, my customers do to, but how many times will they buy him?" 

I know this is a different topic and so I apologize for continuing it, it just gets frustrating when Marvel Legends which is such a more mainstream line releases new characters every wave and gets rare characters for SdCC and we get Spidey with food in his hands. 

It is what it is. I'll keep ordering from Luke for packs with new mates or whole series like the avengers one a while back and hunting Walgreens for the man things of the world. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do both looks appear in the movie? That would be a step in the right direction.

The evolution of DST's SDCC exclusives is kind of interesting. It strikes me that the industry as a whole doesn't appear to agree on just what these exclusives are for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, luckycreature said:

Yeah and your Walgreens mates are exciting because of all the different characters we're getting. 

But I am lucky enough to live in a town with three comic shops all who refuse to order minimates anymore unless I buy a full case. It's not because of competition either. To quote one owner

"we can't justify filling our shelves with different versions of Spiderman . I love the character, my customers do to, but how many times will they buy him?" 

I know this is a different topic and so I apologize for continuing it, it just gets frustrating when Marvel Legends which is such a more mainstream line releases new characters every wave and gets rare characters for SdCC and we get Spidey with food in his hands. 

It is what it is. I'll keep ordering from Luke for packs with new mates or whole series like the avengers one a while back and hunting Walgreens for the man things of the world. 

 

My LCS (in Canada) said the same thing about needing to order a whole case.  A retailer was willing to get a case (which has 3 homecoming sets) if he could find customers committed to buying 2 of the 3 sets...I just ended up ordering from Lukes.  We don't have Walgreens so no walgreens mates in Canada.  I'm pretty sure single box sets can be ordered at LCSs for 20 to 30.  Not sure why DST can't sell and ship a "wave" for 30 to $40.  Another LCS was able to order a single SDCC set (punisher and Daredevil) last year.

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Enjoy, you princes of backhanded compliments!

LOL that was great! It's the best kind of internet compliment isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...