UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

R.I.P. Adam West

Mattallica

Even on a day as dark as this, I can think about the Bright Knight and smile. Adam West was a source of endless joy in our world and I can't do anything short of thank him profusely for it. I just wish I could've done it in person.

For me, there really was no better live-action portrayal of Batman than Adam West's.

He was a fighter and a detective, a mentor and a friend. He had a cowl that allowed him to turn his head and his nipples were real. He had all the gadgets, owned the land, sea, and air, and never used a gun. He had three Catwomen chase after him but never gave in to their seductive ways because they were poor, deluded creatures and he didn't have time for that until they got their shit together.

Adam West was THE Batman.

I find it strange to compare the Adam West Batman to any other Batman.  His was the most unique interpretation of the character; to the point where it's almost a different character.  All the Bat-men that followed were of the same mold:  variations of dark, brooding. 

RIP Adam West.  But, we'll see you soon, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.