UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Nessex

Not sure if this is misdirection or what, but Evangeline Lilly tweeted that she had a costume fitting today along with an image.
This looks a lot more like what Janet was wearing in the flashback sequences, and less like what we were shown at the end of AntMan. I hope we get to see her in something more akin to her black and gold look.

I've never been too keen to the black/Gold look..... I know it's probably the most popular Wasp outfit, but it just never clicked with me as much as the Kirby design did. I guess that one just seems so much more comic book-y and clicks better for the atmosphere of the universe. Plus I really like Jan's MCU design. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately they've established the full-head helmets are needed to breathe when shrinking... because shrinking someone is one thing and apparently letting them breathe normally at reduced size is a bridge too far for believability.

Not happy about it either.

as an aside... I know it's unrealistic, but a part of me wishes that Jan could be portrayed by Kathleen Turner.

10 hours ago, Mirymate said:

as an aside... I know it's unrealistic, but a part of me wishes that Jan could be portrayed by Kathleen Turner.

As a boy who grew up in the 80's, this gets me right in the nostalgia glands. 

First helmet seen in Ant Man, the face plate retracted. The revised helmet seen in Civil War, the whole mask popped off. Maybe it was supposed to lift up or retract as well, we'll never know. It looked very much like the helmet "ejected" the mask when Scott returned to normal size after his Giant Man stunt, almost like it was some kind of emergency procedure. >shrug<

• 1 month later...

Needs more color. Please don't tell me some genius decided it's cheaper to cgi the costume colors than buy yellow material?

Damn - that's a bit muted and underwhelming. 
I was hoping we'd see more gold highlights on it, like we did at the end of Ant Man.
ant-man-and-the-wasp-movie-marvel-400x22

I get that from a tactical point of view, an all-dark costume makes more sense for infiltration and stealth..... but these are movies about people who shrink down to the size of bugs and save the world from evil robots/inter-stellar megalomaniacs/Norse gods. We have already suspended disbelief. Let the colours happen.

• 5 months later...
On 8/30/2017 at 5:40 AM, Mirymate said:

Needs more color. Please don't tell me some genius decided it's cheaper to cgi the costume colors than buy yellow material?

Hasbro has just announced some of their film tie-in assortment
Wasp looks like she will be getting gold detailing on the figure.... however I did notice this in the text:
'Figure and accessories inspired by the upcoming ANT-MAN AND THE WASP movie'
So, who knows what she'll look like in the actual movie. I do hope we see a Gold & Black Wasp from DST tho, with a new wing mold!