UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
MisterPL

DC Vinimates

Recommended Posts

Yeah I don't think taking a hard line is the right move. I would assume that DCD hopes at some point DC reconsiders. Cutting them off from other licensing deals just hurts DCD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are literally only three vinimates I want to see before this line goes under: Stripe, Translucent Hal, Translucent Jon Stewart. I doubt I will get any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stripe would be great. And while I'd love to see Elasti-Girl and Colossal Boy they'd be pointless without accompanying Doom Patrol and Legion of Super-Heroes Minimates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Stripe would be great. And while I'd love to see Elasti-Girl and Colossal Boy they'd be pointless without accompanying Doom Patrol and Legion of Super-Heroes Minimates.

That’s why I left them off sadly. They already did a shoddy job of filling out teams. I actually wouldn’t mind a Solomon Grundy who would be too large but still look cool. Anti monitor and Doomsday would be great too but I can’t think of a third villain. Either way this line will always be the bane of my collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time this thread gets bumped, my heart skips a beat. DC minimates are back!

Oh ... Vinimates. 

Sigh. (no offense DST)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Every time this thread gets bumped, my heart skips a beat. DC minimates are back!

Oh ... Vinimates. 

Sigh. (no offense DST)

I do the same thing with their press releases or solicits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Chemo and Doomsday could be cool. A Lex Luthor mech suit (a la Hulkbuster) could be fun. Clayface is one of those morphing characters who could pull off a size change but we've already got a Minimate of him.

I picked up a Darkseid just to turn it into a statue for an Apokolips diorama someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Yes, Chemo and Doomsday could be cool. A Lex Luthor mech suit (a la Hulkbuster) could be fun. Clayface is one of those morphing characters who could pull off a size change but we've already got a Minimate of him.

I picked up a Darkseid just to turn it into a statue for an Apokolips diorama someday.

I drunkingly went and bought 4 Vinimates last week. Bringing up my tally to 8 I think. I have Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Darkseid, Iron Giant (that I pose with Stargirl), Batgirl, Nightwing, Slimer, Manhattan,  and Cthulu. I have been debating buying Godzilla and an Alien just to have monsters around for the REAL collection but I refuse to spend more than 5 bucks on any of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from Darkseid I have Dr. Manhattan, Iron Giant, and Cthulhu. The Godzilla ones have been tempting, especially now that Rodan is in the mix. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll be honest and say as a person who has maybe 20 vinimates.....the mecha godzilla, cthulu, and flash (comic) were my favorites until i bought the rocketeer one.

man, that is a perfect figure!!!!  really makes me want minimates but i'll take this over nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a pic of Darkseid vinimate next to some minimates. Just want to see size differential. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i'll be honest and say as a person who has maybe 20 vinimates.....the mecha godzilla, cthulu, and flash (comic) were my favorites until i bought the rocketeer one.

man, that is a perfect figure!!!!  really makes me want minimates but i'll take this over nothing!

After years of begging, emails, and posts about this The Rocketeer, like the Buffy Mates, are a big eff you to me and unless I’m gifted them there is no way I will buy them. But they are pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 6:11 PM, bilbofett said:

Can anyone post a pic of Darkseid vinimate next to some minimates. Just want to see size differential. Thanks.

i'm probably the most inept person when it comes to uploadign pictures on message boards but the figure is about 2x in all directions.

so way too big to have him fighting superman but if you spray paint him grey he'd make an awesome dictatoresque statue to loom over your other minimates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, due to some Halloween Comicfest changes, the orange Harley has been cancelled. But NOT the Graduation Day Buffy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled entirely, or just cancelled for Halloween Comicfest?  I would think these would have been in production already to make a Halloween release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...