UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Vinimates

MisterPL

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Did they not have the rights to say Green Arrow and Speedy or something?

I doubt rights was the issue. They probably just didn't want to cause any confusion so close to the series finale of Arrow. I'm a little surprised they stuck to the original lineup.

Now if Batman and Superman show up in a JSA photo... ?

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I doubt rights was the issue. They probably just didn't want to cause any confusion so close to the series finale of Arrow. I'm a little surprised they stuck to the original lineup.

Now if Batman and Superman show up in a JSA photo... ?

You see, I would've bought that explanation ten years ago (anybody remember the Bat-Embargo?). However, did the CW network not just produce a widely popular crossover in which the characters met different versions of each other, some played by the same actors as completely different characters??? 

If audiences could understand that the three Superman are all from different dimensions, despite one Superman looking identical to the Atom, I don't think they'd have any issue with Green Arrow and Speedy. In a world where Cinematic Universe has become a part of the general public's vernacular, I don't think I'll be accepting that argument any time soon. 

On 8/15/2020 at 10:10 PM, NerdyTrev said:

You see, I would've bought that explanation ten years ago (anybody remember the Bat-Embargo?). However, did the CW network not just produce a widely popular crossover in which the characters met different versions of each other, some played by the same actors as completely different characters??? 

If audiences could understand that the three Superman are all from different dimensions, despite one Superman looking identical to the Atom, I don't think they'd have any issue with Green Arrow and Speedy. In a world where Cinematic Universe has become a part of the general public's vernacular, I don't think I'll be accepting that argument any time soon. 

Yeah, that was a trip.

I just remember Stargirl being announced in July 2018, taking almost two years to get to DCU. That tells me that they may not have known how much longer Arrow would last or how well received the Crisis crossover would be. (The first season wrapped filming months before.)

Given that a live-action Batman has appeared on Titans, I have no reason to believe that the rights to Green Arrow and Speedy would be an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Curious as to whether there is any interest in here for this, but the New 52 Superman Vinimate was a party favor at SDCC 2017, not available at retail (we did a few Supes, but not this version). I have one -- no hangtag, but in a bag and untouched, with flight stand -- and I'll give it away to someone. Shout out if you want it and don't have it, and I'll choose someone at random. 

Hail Ivan!

supermanVM.jpg

Edited by DSTZach