DC Vinimates

MisterPL

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Stripe would be great. And while I'd love to see Elasti-Girl and Colossal Boy they'd be pointless without accompanying Doom Patrol and Legion of Super-Heroes Minimates.

That’s why I left them off sadly. They already did a shoddy job of filling out teams. I actually wouldn’t mind a Solomon Grundy who would be too large but still look cool. Anti monitor and Doomsday would be great too but I can’t think of a third villain. Either way this line will always be the bane of my collection. 

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Every time this thread gets bumped, my heart skips a beat. DC minimates are back!

Oh ... Vinimates. 

Sigh. (no offense DST)

I do the same thing with their press releases or solicits.

Yes, Chemo and Doomsday could be cool. A Lex Luthor mech suit (a la Hulkbuster) could be fun. Clayface is one of those morphing characters who could pull off a size change but we've already got a Minimate of him.

I picked up a Darkseid just to turn it into a statue for an Apokolips diorama someday.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Yes, Chemo and Doomsday could be cool. A Lex Luthor mech suit (a la Hulkbuster) could be fun. Clayface is one of those morphing characters who could pull off a size change but we've already got a Minimate of him.

I picked up a Darkseid just to turn it into a statue for an Apokolips diorama someday.

I drunkingly went and bought 4 Vinimates last week. Bringing up my tally to 8 I think. I have Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Darkseid, Iron Giant (that I pose with Stargirl), Batgirl, Nightwing, Slimer, Manhattan,  and Cthulu. I have been debating buying Godzilla and an Alien just to have monsters around for the REAL collection but I refuse to spend more than 5 bucks on any of them.  

i'll be honest and say as a person who has maybe 20 vinimates.....the mecha godzilla, cthulu, and flash (comic) were my favorites until i bought the rocketeer one.

man, that is a perfect figure!!!!  really makes me want minimates but i'll take this over nothing!

2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i'll be honest and say as a person who has maybe 20 vinimates.....the mecha godzilla, cthulu, and flash (comic) were my favorites until i bought the rocketeer one.

man, that is a perfect figure!!!!  really makes me want minimates but i'll take this over nothing!

After years of begging, emails, and posts about this The Rocketeer, like the Buffy Mates, are a big eff you to me and unless I’m gifted them there is no way I will buy them. But they are pretty. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 6:11 PM, bilbofett said:

Can anyone post a pic of Darkseid vinimate next to some minimates. Just want to see size differential. Thanks.

i'm probably the most inept person when it comes to uploadign pictures on message boards but the figure is about 2x in all directions.

so way too big to have him fighting superman but if you spray paint him grey he'd make an awesome dictatoresque statue to loom over your other minimates.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:21 PM, MisterPL said:

Watching Stargirl (RIP DCU) I noticed a clock with a giant "S" on its face on the wall of Pat's garage. It reminded me of The Iron Giant's borrowed "Superman" crest. But I'm sure Pat's "S" is for STRIPE. ?

It's all one big, happy WB family, right?

My fave hidden in plain sight bits where the film posters for Prez, GI Robot, Unknown Soldier and Haunted Tank at the start of the final episode.

Oh wait I'm in The UK and can't actually watch Stargirl till it lands on Amazon Prime next week. I blame the ISA and Brainwave for somehow implanting this information in my noggin.