DC Vinimates

MisterPL

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thank you ,I can see that now  :thumbsup:  (In my mind) I was always looking at Nicholson's 'face' but the clothes etc. now make it obvious , Vinimates don't have chins & although I can now see the 'implied chin '  on the W2 Vini Joker it had never occurred to me that ,it is quite clearly, a Marrshall Rogers Joker .  

Many thanks.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope you do because it gets more & more frustrating /expensive to get hold of these 'exclusives'. Most eBay sellers will have multiples for resale & the going rate is 3 or 4 times the 'retail'.  

'Exclusives', IMHO do just that ,they exclude collectors from collecting .   

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

And that's what keeps me from getting into this line. I understand the necessary evil of offering exclusives to retailers to drive foot traffic but no one but DST (and WBCP, of course) is making money from something like this. Hard to get, very desirable exclusives like this are what make the hobby more frustrating than fun.

Looks cool though. I'd love it as a Minimate. 

:other_beatingA_DeadHorse:

OR con exclusives introduce new collectors to a line and promote the sale of non-exclusive figures. All companies do it, including many very successful lines, like ML, 1:12 and POPs. It doesn't seem to hurt them, although they obviously have a little more history and momentum. It's a variant, not a unique character, and Anything we can do to promote Vinimates is  welcome. 

I will try not to sell multiples to people at the show, and If I have any left over I will list them in the store and let you know here.

Edited by DSTZach