UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Vinimates

MisterPL

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with PL. I have no issue with Cyborg becoming a member later down the line, or even as an auxiliary member. But when he was a Titan, it basically meant "you're not really experienced enough to play with the big dogs, so go fight crime in LA for a bit!" At least that's my take away. But, yes, Cyborg should not be a founding member of the JLA. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did we ever get more information on the Rebirth Supes, Arkham Bats, and CW Flash we saw when the DC Vinimates were first revealed?

We've gotten promotional images for WW and JL movie Vinimates since then, as well as a Rebirth comic group from which Supes was weirdly absent.

I'd like to put together at least one Vinimate Justice League, but I'm not sure whether I should go with live action or Rebirth, or if I should hold out for classic versions.

1 minute ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd like to put together at least one Vinimate Justice League...

And there's my kryptonite right there. I don't know how many times I've started a collection going from just Batman to Batman & Robin and then Superman, Batman & Robin, then just the original Super Friends until finally just saying, "Screw it. I need a Justice League." And then it's, "Well, Robin is really a Teen Titan so I'll just pick up the other heroes' sidekicks..."

Such a predictable downward spiral for a plastic crack addict like myself.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Did we ever get more information on the Rebirth Supes, Arkham Bats, and CW Flash we saw when the DC Vinimates were first revealed?

We've gotten promotional images for WW and JL movie Vinimates since then, as well as a Rebirth comic group from which Supes was weirdly absent.

I'd like to put together at least one Vinimate Justice League, but I'm not sure whether I should go with live action or Rebirth, or if I should hold out for classic versions.

Waves are three figures. CW Flash wave will be seen shortly. There will be a Supes in comic series 2 after that. Not sure about an Arkham wave.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Thanks, that's good to know.

Although, if waves are three figures each, why did WW only get two? Either Ares or Steve Trevor would have made sense to me.

The DC "waves" really started after her, with DC Comics, Justice League, etc. But I'm not sure we would have had faith in a Steve Trevor figure, charming as he is. And I doubt we had Ares art. We designed them a while back, in late 2016.

Edited by DSTZach