UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Nessex

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2

So it looks like the next chapter is here....

Judging by the title, this is linked to the epic, comic-themed, Marvel Lego Super Heroes game, rather than Lego Marvel's Avengers which took it's cues from the MCU.
It seems that marvel heroes travel to different periods in time to stop the villainous Kang! I am SO on board with this. I loved the first Marvel lego game. Here's hoping we see some X-Men in this one!

More info

LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-2-Artikelbild.jpg?resize=280%2C150

Edited by Nessex

Woo! I also loved the first one, and Lego Avengers. How much do you want to bet Spider-Gwen will be the pre-order exclusive?

Couldn't be any more excited!

11 hours ago, Dave said:

will this have a 3ds version?

They've only mentioned the Switch. Perhaps Nintendo are trying to push people towards their new product by not having it on older systems? 
I noticed that there's no mention of PS3 either.

12 hours ago, Nessex said:

They've only mentioned the Switch. Perhaps Nintendo are trying to push people towards their new product by not having it on older systems? 
I noticed that there's no mention of PS3 either.

PS3 games have stopped being released. I haven't heard anything of any new games being released on the PS3. The Spider-Man game will only be PS4, The Telltale Guardians game is XBox One and PS4 and Injustice 2 is also exclusively next gen. The discontinuation of PS3 games isn't confirmed,but it seems likely. It was only a matter of time. 

On 5/16/2017 at 0:04 AM, Nessex said:

I loved the first Marvel lego game. Here's hoping we see some X-Men in this one!

The X-Men Level was my favorite part of the first game! I hope they are in it.  If not, maybe they can have their own game.

4 hours ago, Joe Hill said:

The X-Men Level was my favorite part of the first game! I hope they are in it.  If not, maybe they can have their own game.

I would be 100% ok with this.

So - I'm about 20% of the way through the game, and have seen no sign of anyone wearing an 'X'. 
Even Deadpool, who was previously the keeper of Red Bricks and cheat codes has been replaced.

Anyone else playing this at the moment? 

No X-Men or Fantastic Four related characters. No interest in the game otherwise for me.

there are no x characters in it, but the addon levels are good

31 minutes ago, Dave said:

there are no x characters in it, but the addon levels are good

The DLC? I have paid for Season Pass, but I can't seem to find the DLC levels in the game. I also don't seem to have the Classic Guardians characters either :/

20 minutes ago, Nessex said:

The DLC? I have paid for Season Pass, but I can't seem to find the DLC levels in the game. I also don't seem to have the Classic Guardians characters either :/

which setup are using pc, xbox, or ps4?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

which setup are using pc, xbox, or ps4?

PS4

So - I'm about 40% through at the moment. I've finished the story and i'm currently running around collecting gold bricks and characters. It's pretty fun. 

This is pretty weak, tho - 

'The pack, priced at $1.99, adds playable characters Ms. Marvel, Nova, Miles Morales, Ironheart, Devil Dinosaur, Moon Girl, Viv Vision & Sparky, Amadeus Cho, Nadia Pym Wasp, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, and Nova. Strike out on your own with our “Totally Awesome” young heroes!'

No young Cyclops <_<
This is starting to seem particularly petty. 

Pretty sure licensing is time sensitive. Considering the game was released before the Xmen were taken in, they wouldn’t be added. This was the case for quite a few games including apps. It was only recently where Future Fight added them.

There are licencing issues?
Cyclops has been in heaps of Marvel games over the years. He was in Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, & Marvel Puzzle Quest. He was even in the last Lego Marvel Superheroes Game. 
This smacks of Marvel being petty about film rights, and choosing to exclude anyone that they don't own the film rights to.
Or am I being a bit paranoid?

By licensing I meant currently, since the games is already licensed on who to include and released. Now that those characters are home, they no longer need to be petty so I’m sure they’ll be included in the future. But for the most part any game after 2011 didn’t include X-Men or Fox owned characters unless they had em before that. 

Well, with the exception of how utterly annoying Gwenpool is, it's a fun game. I've been enjoying the mini-challenges. 

(srsly tho - Gwenpool needs to be erased from existence)

now to wait for all the DLC to be released....

On 1/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, Mattallica said:

just finished it up 100% completed

How long did it take you to get through all the Challenges? I'm having a devil of a time finding all the fish/bird rings. I feel like i'm going to be slogging my way through some of those tasks for months. 

i didnt play it straight through or anything but it took me several hours, some challenges being harder than others, yes finding all the fish and birds also that damn obstacle course in between the building and a few of the races due to poor handling vehicles.