UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

That will not be available to Luke, as far as I know.

Does that mean it will be a store-specific exclusive?

Is it just me or is anybody else bored with the Harley Quinn pig tails, They were kind of a clever take on the jesters hat to start with but the whole clown imagery has devolved into slightly skanky girl on the street.

I, for one, was never a huge fan of them. I've always been partial to the jester look because it compliments the classier, albeit ironically so, Joker look better. I'll agree that they were intuitive, but it's time for the black and red to make a comeback. 

Zach, is the yet-to-be-revealed retailer exclusive Marvel movie Minimate 2-pack the only SDCC Minimates exclusive other than the comic covers?

I'm not trying to be too negative, but Minimates collectors just aren't feeling the love at conventions anymore.  I know they aren't a big money-maker for DST, but from a fan/collector perspective it is disappointing when the product you support and want to see succeed feels like it is intentionally being left out of the big shows.  Does DST just not feel confident offering up Minimates convention exclusives unless a retailer in onboard?

Even simple repaints of the Aliens/Predator lines (ala NECA) would be something to get some attention to the property.

Is that something you can speak to at all?

I'm not familiar with Dark Tower - is the exclusive Vinimate of a character that would need to be big, like Dr. Manhattan or Iron Giant? If yes, I want to make sure to grab one. If no, and he's just supposed to be the size of the regular Minimate characters, then I can pass on it.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:07 AM, TENIME_art said:

I'm not familiar with Dark Tower - is the exclusive Vinimate of a character that would need to be big, like Dr. Manhattan or Iron Giant? If yes, I want to make sure to grab one. If no, and he's just supposed to be the size of the regular Minimate characters, then I can pass on it.

No, regular size character.

On 5/23/2017 at 4:04 PM, youbastards said:

Zach, is the yet-to-be-revealed retailer exclusive Marvel movie Minimate 2-pack the only SDCC Minimates exclusive other than the comic covers?

Yes.

I'm not trying to be too negative, but Minimates collectors just aren't feeling the love at conventions anymore.  I know they aren't a big money-maker for DST, but from a fan/collector perspective it is disappointing when the product you support and want to see succeed feels like it is intentionally being left out of the big shows.  Does DST just not feel confident offering up Minimates convention exclusives unless a retailer in onboard?

Even simple repaints of the Aliens/Predator lines (ala NECA) would be something to get some attention to the property.

Is that something you can speak to at all?

It's not a question of simplicity, it's the minimum order from the factory. If retailer orders and fan sales at the convention are low, then we have to move the remaining inventory elsewhere, and usually con exclusives are not big movers after the fact. But if, say, TRU wants something Spidey, and has a bunch of stores to put it in afterwards, then it's perfect for them.

I know it's not for you, personally, since you don't come to SDCC and we rarely do exclusives at C2E2, but if it's for other collectors, then I know there are plenty who can't make it to shows and would rather have specialty or TRU releases, which we do have a lot planned.

If you're only concerned about bringing attention to the line, just for visibility, then we do bring non-exclusive Minimates to the show, and people see and buy them. Plus, we have display cases at the show that showcase upcoming Minimates sets. I think the comic covers do a little of that, as well.

Edited by DSTZach

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

So will these be somewhere like the Daredevil sets were? I need to go ahead and start stressing about another exclusive I have to track down. 

Guess it's that time of year again. 

The MM set will be offered online simultaneously. Not sure how international will work. Announcement early July. Most of the Vinimates and MM covers have already gone up for pre-order. Santa Jack is the only one where an alternate outlet had not been announced

Edited by DSTZach