UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

Just now, Mnemosis said:

I personally don't think he's any shorter than Wolverine or Puck. Slipper shoes? Maybe. But not kid limbs.

Well....... I'll give you that he's same size as Wolvie, but Puck is quite literally a Dwarf. We're talking Oompa Loompa size. I trust DST will make the right choices considering the fact that we've been promised a toad for years (see that poster for details). Personally, I just wanna try and make sure that he can be as short as possible when in crouching position. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Well....... I'll give you that he's same size as Wolvie, but Puck is quite literally a Dwarf. We're talking Oompa Loompa size. I trust DST will make the right choices considering the fact that we've been promised a toad for years (see that poster for details). Personally, I just wanna try and make sure that he can be as short as possible when in crouching position. 

Toad is average height. He's taller than Wolverine. He's listed as 5'8" and 260 pounds in the Official Handbook of The Marvel Universe. 

Edited by suicidewatch

14 hours ago, Nessex said:

Yeah - I don't need him to be made kid sized, but I do take your point about making him look appropriately 'crouchy'.

I wish they did something like a plastic holder for his head so he could look like this but real:

latest?cb=20111028224400

I think one of the talented guys here did a Shaman with his legs crossed that was also cool.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

If spiderman can't reach a crouched position, why would we think toad will be able to? Put him on standard body 

I'm thinking that eventually he will. I mean here's another version of him!

I've never had an issue making Minimates crouch. They can even usually do it without the need of a stand, too. No, it's not calf-meeting-back-of-thigh crouching, but it still works for block figures of Wolverine or Spider-Man or anyone else I feel needs to pose like that.

2 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

I've never had an issue making Minimates crouch. They can even usually do it without the need of a stand, too. No, it's not calf-meeting-back-of-thigh crouching, but it still works for block figures of Wolverine or Spider-Man or anyone else I feel needs to pose like that.

Yeah exactly, but it sounds like people wants that extreme crouching. I've got no problems with how Minimates crouch 

Deja vu ?    I shut up before  :D   

...if..... we get Toad then I really want Toad to be able to crouch . This would mean a calf-meeting-back-of-thigh crouch which ...if you insist...is 'extreme' crouching .

TBQH   F*ck the Toad... after 14 years of Marvel Minimates & 75  variants I wouldn't mind just one Spider-Man that could crouch extremely  properly. 

Edited by buttheadsmate

Why not just an alternate, non-articulated lower body in the crouch position?

And as far as Spidey is concerned, give me thwip hands first. How do we not have these yet?

41 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

Why not just an alternate, non-articulated lower body in the crouch position?

And as far as Spidey is concerned, give me thwip hands first. How do we not have these yet?

For the same reason Wolverine no longer comes with clawless hands and Iron Man hasn't come with palm-blasting hands in 10 years?

Those are great, Kris! I was planning to try that the first time we got those hands with SWitch. I haven't yet, but yours makes me want to go for it.

At this stage, if we get a great looking purple and orange costumed toad (or green and orange, as he was often shown) with his ridiculous circus jester look, I'll be happy to make him crouch using regular legs. 

My biggest fear is that with all this talk of Toad, we've assumed he's a lock... and he might not even be in the set at all. Let's not count our unarticulated croushed leg pieces till they've hatched, shall we? :P

18 hours ago, Nessex said:

At this stage, if we get a great looking purple and orange costumed toad (or green and orange, as he was often shown) with his ridiculous circus jester look, I'll be happy to make him crouch using regular legs. 

My biggest fear is that with all this talk of Toad, we've assumed he's a lock... and he might not even be in the set at all. Let's not count our unarticulated croushed leg pieces till they've hatched, shall we? :P

I feel like it is Mastermind just to troll us.

21 hours ago, Nessex said:

I toad ya so.