UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

I just had a thought... what if it was the missing X-Force Capullo members? (I mean I am 90% sure it's the Brotherhood but just for S&G's)

Sunspot & Feral (two redos) and Warpath (unmade costume); and the Stryfe (new character).

Two Villains: Feral and Stryfe

Two Heroes: Sunspot and Warpath.

A different version of a character: Sunspot (on and off power) and Feral (long/short hair)

I can't hold this case up in a court of law but hey, one can dream.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Only a little. I'm just picking on DST's history of offering B&W Minimates variants at conventions. :timbo:

Based on a black-and-white movie, and a black-and-white TV show, yes. I do not believe any of the movie is in Black-and-white, although we shall see.

But it was quite the cutting comment you made. The emoticon wearing the sunglasses and the flamboyant hat perfectly captures your role as the board member who flouts convention, as well as convention exclusives.

Edited by DSTZach

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Sunspot & Feral have previous minimates, but not in Capullo costumes, so they wouldn't be redos.

Also, this wasn't guessed in the original topic, where Zach said the lineup had been guessed (at least in part).

I figured as much again just going for S&Gs and yes, someone had guessed 3/4 but he wouldn't say whom which is why most of us are expecting the Original Brotherhood.

11 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I figured as much again just going for S&Gs and yes, someone had guessed 3/4 but he wouldn't say whom which is why most of us are expecting the Original Brotherhood.

Personally, I think it's going to be more classic X-Men and villains than Brotherhood specifically. The fact that the redo will have parts for an unmade character makes Xavier/Changeling seem very likely to me. I guess Magneto could have parts for Joseph or Xorn or... something, but the era's wrong and it couldn't be either character's main look. Also (and this one's a lot more conjecture-y) even though the Maximoffs could be considered heroes, I don't think Zach would describe a box set based on a villain team as "50% bad guys".

My guess is: classic Marvel Girl, BoEM Quicksilver, Toad, and Professor X with Changeling parts. 

Classic Marvel Girl is one of the most demanded X-Men character variants, so I'd be pretty surprised if she doesn't get a spot. Brotherhood Quicksilver is the one I'm least certain of. It's debatable whether he'd be considered a villain, but I'm having trouble thinking of a villain variant that would fit. Magneto or Juggernaut being the redo would solve that, but I'm convinced it's Xavier/Changeling. Toad is a highly requested villain who fits the categories well, but the "15th anniversary of Minimates" comment is what clinches it for me.

Although, if this set is so far off, will it still be the 15th anniversary of minimates?

It's like that episode of 30 Rock where Jenna was trying to come up with the weirdest song lyrics ever so that "Weird Al" couldn't parody her. And his lyrics were a nice song.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Personally, I think it's going to be more classic X-Men and villains than Brotherhood specifically. The fact that the redo will have parts for an unmade character makes Xavier/Changeling seem very likely to me. I guess Magneto could have parts for Joseph or Xorn or... something, but the era's wrong and it couldn't be either character's main look. Also (and this one's a lot more conjecture-y) even though the Maximoffs could be considered heroes, I don't think Zach would describe a box set based on a villain team as "50% bad guys".

My guess is: classic Marvel Girl, BoEM Quicksilver, Toad, and Professor X with Changeling parts. 

Classic Marvel Girl is one of the most demanded X-Men character variants, so I'd be pretty surprised if she doesn't get a spot. Brotherhood Quicksilver is the one I'm least certain of. It's debatable whether he'd be considered a villain, but I'm having trouble thinking of a villain variant that would fit. Magneto or Juggernaut being the redo would solve that, but I'm convinced it's Xavier/Changeling. Toad is a highly requested villain who fits the categories well, but the "15th anniversary of Minimates" comment is what clinches it for me.

Although, if this set is so far off, will it still be the 15th anniversary of minimates?

It's not super likely - but a classic Magneto could possibly be stripped back to reveal a Unus the Untouchable underneath? They both wear red jumpsuits as the base of their costume. Throw in an alternate head/hair, with his fun, Hanukkah belt thing, & flesh coloured hands.... it could possibly work?

Regardless, I'm really just holding out for Toad. He's where I'm hoping all this conjecture has got it right. 

15 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It will be solicited in the 15th anniversary, I think, but will ship in early 2018 as far as I know. I'm still putting the 15th anniversary logo on it, and they can try to stop me!

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

My only point of clarification, is that during the 60's era that I am guessing, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were heroes that rejoined the brotherhood after she was suffering from a head injury and they need to cure her. The it could be two different characters is where this now falls flat unless its Mastermind with parts for his Jason Wyngard persona. 

16 hours ago, TheKrisLyons said:

Do you think that the ugly yellow 70's angel costume with extra parts to make mimic could be a possibility? That would be amazing.

Getting Mimic would be fantastic, but I'm not sure what they could realistically share, outside of the wings. Hands too, if Mimic wasn't bulked up.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

My only point of clarification, is that during the 60's era that I am guessing, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were heroes that rejoined the brotherhood after she was suffering from a head injury and they need to cure her. The it could be two different characters is where this now falls flat unless its Mastermind with parts for his Jason Wyngard persona. 

I definitely agree that Wanda and Pietro could be considered heroes, even in this era, it's just that, like I said, it seems odd to me that a villain team box set would be described as 50% bad guys.

I love Mastermind, but he wouldn't really work as the alternate as the alternate look character since Mastermind/Wyngarde are still the same person, just with a different appearance.

1 hour ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

And "not-Ganke" maybe? I'd be down for that.

Zach confirmed a couple pages back that its an alternate look for a hero and a alternate look for a villain, so probably some kinda of final battle/ battle damaged vulture, maybe if we're lucky a more comic like shocker we've seen in some set photos and concept art

Here's a thought I had. If we end up getting a Toad, would anyone be opposed to him having the same build as, say, Carl from TWD? I think the shorter arms/legs would work better for a character of his size.

Edited by NerdyTrev

9 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Here's a thought I had. If we end up getting a Toad, would anyone be opposed to him having the same build as, say, Carl from TWD? I think the shorter arms/legs would work better for a character of his size.

I personally don't think he's any shorter than Wolverine or Puck. Slipper shoes? Maybe. But not kid limbs.