UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local library site allows me to request form 20-30 libraries in the region, so I've been reading Unbeatable Squirrel Girl that way, and catching up with Superman. I must get in six graphic novels a week. I like Marvel Unlimited, but I can't read on the computer that often.

2 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

A must-buy set all around for me. But that should be obvious. My only question at this point is do I get one, and just change Xavier into Mastermind permanently, or get 2, so I can have both at the same time.

We should split a second set. I need a second Jean to customize, you need a second Xavier. Somewhere, some Avengers fan probably wants our extra Quicksilver and I'm SURE a spare Toad would sell

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The one BHM posted, from the TMNT thread: 

Oh ok, thanks.  I hadn't read that thread and thus seen the reply.  As it was back in February, those of us (ie me!) hoping that executioner is indeed in wave 74 can hope that the wave simply hadn't been finalised back then.

21 minutes ago, stegron01 said:

Oh ok, thanks.  I hadn't read that thread and thus seen the reply.  As it was back in February, those of us (ie me!) hoping that executioner is indeed in wave 74 can hope that the wave simply hadn't been finalised back then.

Zach mentioned wave 74 shortly after saying that two characters from BHM's list would be made, making me think that it had already been planned. I guess you're right that it could just have not been finalised, though.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

35 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Executioner is NOT in Series 74, but you will see him in the Ragnarok assortments. Hopefully he'll work for your 616. I think he could...

That's too bad, I was really hoping it was him. From the brief glimpse we got of him in the trailer, he was kind of comic-y, but it wasn't an exact likeness. I doubt I'll be able to find any of the non-LCS assortments, but it's nice that he's being released in some form.

Now I have no idea who either of the 74 villains could be. Can you give any other clues?

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Executioner is NOT in Series 74, but you will see him in the Ragnarok assortments. Hopefully he'll work for your 616. I think he could...

Howsabout you show us an early pic and we'll let you know........didn't work? Yeah..didn't think it would. But there is an asgardian villain in 74? 

Surtur? Ulik? Man-Gog? I can't really think of many other Asgardian villains who'd be considered "new" (comic Hela? Karnilla? Ymir? comic Destroyer?). That's it. I've tapped my Asgardian villain knowledge, unless you wanna go d-list like Geirrodur, Utgard-Loki, Fenris Wolf...

...but this is now full-on "wrong thread" territory. :)

Edited by elhonez

8 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That's too bad, I was really hoping it was him. From the brief glimpse we got of him in the trailer, he was kind of comic-y, but it wasn't an exact likeness. I doubt I'll be able to find any of the non-LCS assortments, but it's nice that he's being released in some form.

Now I have no idea who either of the 74 villains could be. Can you give any other clues?

Yeah I was hoping it was him too, though any new classic thor villain would still be great in my book.  Without wishing to derail this thread any more I don't know whether you are prepared to say whether it's the "classic" or the modern villain that's the asgardian one Zach?

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Asgardian is classic. Alien is recent. Not THAT recent, but recent.

It's a new, classic Asgardian villain, but it isn't Executioner, Hela, Destroyer, or Malekith. I don't know a lot about Thor, but the only character that's making sense to me is Ulik.

The alien is recent but not current, storyline specific, and a villain best known for fighting a specific Avenger. We keep learning more about this character, but I still have no idea who it could be. Skrullektra from Secret Invasion, maybe?

Yeah and it can't be gor the god butcher if the asgardian villain is the classic one as I don't think Zach said that both villains were thor related.  I'm personally really pleased that the asgardian villain is the classic one (thanks for the info Zach) and can only imagine that ulik or maybe surtur are well known enough to be made other than the already discounted movie ones?  I still have also have absolutely no clue who the modern one could be, and let's not also forget that one of them wears armour!  I'm still really surprised it's not skurge.

22 minutes ago, stegron01 said:

Yeah and it can't be gor the god butcher if the asgardian villain is the classic one as I don't think Zach said that both villains were thor related.  I'm personally really pleased that the asgardian villain is the classic one (thanks for the info Zach) and can only imagine that ulik or maybe surtur are well known enough to be made other than the already discounted movie ones?  I still have also have absolutely no clue who the modern one could be, and let's not also forget that one of them wears armour!  I'm still really surprised it's not skurge.

To be fair, he didn't say they couldn't both be best known as enemies of Thor. Still, the more I think about it, the more uncertain I am of Gorr. I can't think of any other unmade modern alien villains best known as opponents of specific Avengers, though.

I'd guess that the alien will be armoured, since I'm pretty confident in Ulik.

37 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

To be fair, he didn't say they couldn't both be best known as enemies of Thor. Still, the more I think about it, the more uncertain I am of Gorr. I can't think of any other unmade modern alien villains best known as opponents of specific Avengers, though.

I'd guess that the alien will be armoured, since I'm pretty confident in Ulik.

Oh ok fair enough.  I thought he said only one of them came from asgardian lore at some point but I may be wrong.  I do agree that Ulik seems very likely now though, which is great if so, although I felt the same way about skurge until yesterday...