UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I see this Marvel Girl costume, I think of that conversation between her and Scott before the final battle with the Imperial Guard:

Cyclops: You're dressed as Marvel Girl! Why?

Jean: I'm not sure - - Nostalgia? Pride? I started as Marvel Girl, and that's how I'll finish.

Edited by Chazwinski

On 11/10/2017 at 5:55 PM, Chazwinski said:

Whenever I see this Marvel Girl costume, I think of that conversation between her and Scott before the final battle with the Imperial Guard:

Cyclops: You're dressed as Marvel Girl! Why?

Jean: I'm not sure - - Nostalgia? Pride? I started as Marvel Girl, and that's how I'll finish.

Image result for jean grey and scott summers comics

Edited by Scorpion

Got my set yesterday (thanks Luke!); pretty nice. Some thoughts:

- I ended up using the Mastermind/Prof X shared parts for Mastermind, because there's plenty of other suit options for the Prof. As you can bigvis' pictures, the suit color's pretty much match the previous Prof X release, so I wanted to find a different color to make him stand out a bit anyway.

-Quicksilver is fine. I do wish they'd given him a different hairpiece, since that one is just not great. The Collector's hairpiece is really quite nice on him, so I probably will pick up an extra.

-Nice to have the Toad to complete the poster!

-Marvel Girl is the real winner here for me. It finally feels like the Byrne X-Men are complete (though I guess we could still use a bulked up furry Beast... and Kitty Pryde in her X-Men costume... and a proper red Angel with white gloves...okay, maybe just one step closer to complete). But I am especially happy to finally have a finned mask for her. If any of you bought extra sets to make both Xavier and Mastermind and want to part with Marvel Girl, let me know. I have custom plans!

14 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I won't consider the Byrne X-Men complete until we get Kitty at least, to help replicate this picture: 

Image result for john byrne x-men

This box set is great, although it's weird to have Magneto be my only missing member of the classic BoEM.

If it makes you feel better we are missing a Scarlet witch classic BOEM too...

bigvis's picture of QS had me fuming*.....er..until I realised that the wings on his feet ......QS's feet not bigvis's feet (:D)....were never ever included on previous versions :wacko: I could've sworn...................

Such a nice little touch which looks great IMHO.  Well done bigvis.

* why were they missing why ? Silly ol'butt.

This is an exceptionally nice set .....it could have been great...but it is an exceptionally nice set & my gut tells me to double my order with Luke.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:27 PM, buttheadsmate said:

bigvis's picture of QS had me fuming*.....er..until I realised that the wings on his feet ......QS's feet not bigvis's feet (:D)....were never ever included on previous versions :wacko: I could've sworn...................

Such a nice little touch which looks great IMHO.  Well done bigvis.

* why were they missing why ? Silly ol'butt.

This is an exceptionally nice set .....it could have been great...but it is an exceptionally nice set & my gut tells me to double my order with Luke.

Did I miss the memo on Quicksilver having wings on his feet ever? I don't remember that at all. Again, I love this set and feel almost like a judge on some stupid reality show that has to say "something" and in no way want that to reflect on the amount of effort it took to make this happen because it is stellar. I bought three copies of it (2 from Luke and 1 from my LCS). Mastermind is absolutely perfect. I just wish he had a smoking hand but get that a toy probably shouldn't smoke (will pose with Smoking Man hand from X-Files). Toad is also nearly perfect, I just wish he came with Puck's hand for flipping. I stocked up on Pucks for the slipper feet so I am fine there. Quicksilver I can see where people would want the green boots and gloves which I think should be easy enough to QC. If I was a better painter I would even use Spectre's boots but I will probably go with a boot like the New Mutants characters in green. Jean is my favourite character and this is my favourite costume. The set from the LCS has a sloppy paint job on the mask but what bothers me is the hair. Maybe it will grow on me but it may be like X-Factor Jean where I spend a long time trying to find a good alternative. Either way the plan is to cut off the mask and glue it to a red-haired piece I like. I will have two open sets so I can avoid the Mastermind issue, put Pietro in two places (Avengers and BH) and then figure out what to do with Toad. I get that inserting in Wanda's head piece from the BH to a paint that matches her AVX look is unrealistic but I can't stand the base they gave Jean and wish instead they had given her either a modified Invisible Woman bubble or just a hovering flight stand or a hand holding accessory with GSXM Cyclops but thankfully Luke promised me one so I'm good on that. . Again minor nit picks since I love the set and can solve most of these issues on my own. I'm more surprised at how I now want a Beast that fits into this era since he's my least favourite X-Man of this era and I don't like his costume from it either. 

I am just now on a hunt to give Jean this kind of hair:

900196_press02-001.jpg

1da5b0e683ff6f5cdf468a7e0d6b85bb.jpg

3ecf73c997802675cb4b6275cbf686ca--jim-le

And will probably buy a third MG just to get her in this look with the black mask:

727caa95f011498b0c77cc3e60e9b410--marvel