UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Those two Wanda pics posted just seem like liberties taken between artists and don't need an actual new figure 

I'm not THAT big of nit picker but they really are different. I wouldn't care if there was a new figure since I still don't feel like we have a definitive Wanda but to me, if we are sacrificing a slot for a redo figure I want it to be drastic and daring like:

scarlet_witch_by_mike_deodato_jr_2.jpg

That to me deserves a new figure as opposed to a different head piece, boots, and straps. I could justify in my feeble mind I don't have Medusa BUT it's Crossing Wanda. Maybe a two pack Crossing Wanda and Pietro with the extra parts to make the green version y'all keep mentioning and her head piece. Also, I never expected a replacement Thundercats piece or Cyclops piece for Phoenix Clops but that's the kind of guys DST is.

n7nTs3Q.jpg

I can't remember which one came first, but these were the first 2 comics I remember my dad buying for me:

Image result for x men fatal attractions Image result for uncanny x men 17

Telling really, isn't it.
I had a friend that had randomly started purchasing the X-men Fleer Ultra '94 trading card, which i started collecting as well. They were beautiful. You might not have loved the stories or the costumes of the time, but each of those cards was a work of art. Literally. They had all been painted by different artists. They had bios and stats on the back. That's how I fell in love with the X-Men. Dad noticed me collecting the cards and surprised me with the issues above. 

7 hours ago, Mirymate said:

There are a few elements to Wanda's early costume that go beyond just the headdress

sw-bigcostume1.jpgsw-bigcostume2.jpg

But personally, yeah I'd be happy with just a hairpiece so I could get close to that look. I'm not speaking for anyone but me. And that's the kind of thing more likely be found in a boxed set than a 2 pack.

8 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Weird question... would you Wanda enthusiasts be contented with a head? Like if they just stuck they Kooky quartet head in with a Classic Black Widow and a Swordsman would that be ok or do you guys want the complete figure?

I'm fairly content with the A vs X 'Witch' & it would appear that many collectors were a lot happier than I was (am) with the Wave 16 version ...& then there is the Marvel Now version which is a lovely minimate but it's a characterisation of her that I am not completely familiar with.

So would I ...personally be content with 'just' a new head (thereasonsy)? 

It would depend on which head & whether the colour would match 'my' favourite Scarlet Witch.  Unfortunately (for me) I know the chances of that happening are not good.

Wanda's not big on my list of 'need another' & to be fair her attire varied on an almost issue by issue basis in the early days ...check out this  http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/avengers 

.........#33 shows her in what I recall as being NY's Central Park in a bikini :ohmy: amongst a bunch of Serpents !!!!!

&...#25 she's got a brown cloak.....#26 & 27 she's wearing a purple swimsuit 

What remains consistent is her 'full face' mask which according to the covers remains consistent from #17 until  #36  .

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

I think just packing the head in with other figures when the body it would be used on was released 5 years ago in a boxset would be a bad idea.

Hence my preference would be a tie in 2-pack. But would I except just a head/hair piece if that were the only way to get the figure represented? Yep.

But then, I wanted a Cap's Kooky Quartet as a boxed set, but this set puts a bullet in that dream.

14 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Weird question... would you Wanda enthusiasts be contented with a head? Like if they just stuck they Kooky quartet head in with a Classic Black Widow and a Swordsman would that be ok or do you guys want the complete figure?

Interesting question.  For me personally, yes I would be happy with just the head.  I would prefer the whole figure obviously but as long as the head matched wave 16's version I would be happy.  Mind you, tbh if we got a swordsman/classic black widow without the wanda head I would be equally happy!  (And amazed!!) :)

Edited by stegron01

7 hours ago, stegron01 said:

Interesting question.  For me personally, yes I would be happy with just the head.  I would prefer the whole figure obviously but as long as the head matched wave 16's version I would be happy.  Mind you, tbh if we got a swordsman/classic black widow without the wanda head I would be equally happy!  (And amazed!!) :)

Embarrassment of riches. EITHER way this is what I have learned from this set.

1. Ingenious transitioning of Mastermind to Prof X. 

2. Miracles happen and my 60's Jean is here and confirmed and shipping from Luke's

3. Begging Luke for things will hopefully work and he will  send me an invoice for a painted hand holding part that is yellow.

4. Quicksilver has a passionate fan base when it comes to his Green on Green costume.

5. Buying extra Pucks for there slipper feet has just paid off again since i now have extra cartwheel hands.

6. We would be willing to buy updated parts for older figures.

7. The quest for Jean hair for my 60's Jean begins RFN. #HailIvan.

See, now comes the moment when my long suffering wife will fuss at me when she finds out I'm thinking this way, but I'm already trying to think of quick customs I can do with all the other parts so I can have a Mastermind and an Xavier simultaneously. I mean, If I can come up with uses for the other three figures, that would justify the purchase of an extra set, right? Right?

11 hours ago, Mirymate said:

See, now comes the moment when my long suffering wife will fuss at me when she finds out I'm thinking this way, but I'm already trying to think of quick customs I can do with all the other parts so I can have a Mastermind and an Xavier simultaneously. I mean, If I can come up with uses for the other three figures, that would justify the purchase of an extra set, right? Right?

I'm on your boat. This is where my head is at:

1. Extra Toad - zombie or trying to go for another look based on parts from Beast Wars. 

2. Extra Jean - taking the mask and putting it on first appearance Jean. Sure her costume had a black mask but that's life.

3. Extra Pietro - Zombie or taking Doom parts and getting him those green trunks everyone is all about. 

24 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I'm on your boat. This is where my head is at:

1. Extra Toad - zombie or trying to go for another look based on parts from Beast Wars. 

2. Extra Jean - taking the mask and putting it on first appearance Jean. Sure her costume had a black mask but that's life.

3. Extra Pietro - Zombie or taking Doom parts and getting him those green trunks everyone is all about. 

I'll gladly buy a Toad if someone has an extra that they're looking to part with. 

I have the Jean and Quicksilver that I want to display. So, those looks aren't essential to me. 

Freaqu, If I go through with it, I will keep you in mind for the Toad.

Not into Zombies... just... never have been into them. :Dunno:

I have thought about using Jean's head and mask, a little red paint, and tracking down and making a proper Firestar. The existing uses her 1st costume's bodysuit with her 3rd costume's mask. A little red on Jean's mask is a whole lot easier than the current option of completely repainting Star Sapphire's headpiece.

What to do with the rest of her... and all of Pietro...

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

Freaqu, If I go through with it, I will keep you in mind for the Toad.

Not into Zombies... just... never have been into them. :Dunno:

I have thought about using Jean's head and mask, a little red paint, and tracking down and making a proper Firestar. The existing uses her 1st costume's bodysuit with her 3rd costume's mask. A little red on Jean's mask is a whole lot easier than the current option of completely repainting Star Sapphire's headpiece.

What to do with the rest of her... and all of Pietro...

What I did for my Firestar is cut off the mask from Star Sapphire and then painted that. After a few tries I finally landed on the Black Widow hair piece and glued it to that. I also changed the chest and arms/legs from Nova. 

New-Warriors.png

Edited by thereasonsy

2 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

Yep. That would make sense, too. She's too rich for my blood just for the chest block. LoL 

Correct;

Nita is: movie Gwen hair, Babs face, Lady Hydra chest and Crotch, and Namor arms, legs, wings, and belt. 

7 hours ago, Mirymate said:

and all of Pietro...

I ordered two sets from my lcs to have both Mastermind and the Professor and for two Pietro's. 

One gets light green arms and legs with dark eupaulettes for his original Brotherhood look. The other gets light green gloves, boots and trunks for his Kooky Quartet look. If I can scrounge up pixie boots for both looks i'll do that too. Easy peasy.

Second Marvel Girl mask goes for a custom and second toad goes in another part of my display.

Mastermind gets Brown hair for my ideal look.

Second purchase = justified.

8 hours ago, Mirymate said:

I have thought about using Jean's head and mask, a little red paint, and tracking down and making a proper Firestar. The existing uses her 1st costume's bodysuit with her 3rd costume's mask.

This is my plan for one of the 2 sets i get. Right now planning to get two maybe 3. One Jean mask for a Firestar custom and another for a Spitfire custom. One Jean body goes to a Petra custom. If I end up with an extra Xavier body can use it for a Bolivar Trask body. Toad is the one I'm not sure what to do with the spare parts... Maybe the chest and collar for a Stonewall? 

ooooo... Stonewall... there's an idea...