UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

It's close, but the boots are what "ruin" it. The actual buccaneer boots for mates hadn't been invented yet. (Hail Ivan)
(I always liked that one personally)

Yeah, for mine that I display I just stole the boots off of a New Mutant (Karma) and then the gloves from Mirage and put them on a 90's Cyclops and used the cowl from the Dark Phoenix one.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:30 AM, Nessex said:

Real talk - if I *NEVER* see a Cyclops figure in that John Byrne costume again, I will be happy. 
I know it's an iconic era of comics, but I've seen it made in almost every line. Lego has done it. Marvel legends has done it twice. Marvel Universe has done it twice - maybe 3 times.... Minimates have done it 3 times.
I know they wouldn't fit thematically with a BD Miniskirt Jean, but there are a few variants i'd rather see before a BD Byrne Cyke. Erik the Red. Blue & White X-Factor. X-Terminators, Red X-face costume, Dark Phoenix Cyke, Future/Turban Red & Slym Cyke.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:19 AM, TENIME_art said:

It is my least favorite costume, and everyone else's favorite. I hate it.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:21 AM, thereasonsy said:

AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

On 6/27/2017 at 11:14 AM, Heinous said:

Same here, I can't stand it

On 6/27/2017 at 4:50 PM, hellpop said:

. . .it's not a great costume. However, I personally feel that most costumes the X-Men have worn are ugly as sin. The original costumes? Ugly. The "graduation" costumes? Ugly. The GSXM costumes? Mostly ugly. 

Greatest Cyclops costume by far, and the pre-1990s X-Men have had some of the best costumes in comic history!  Spidey edges them out, but that's about it.  From the 1990s on, though. . .the less said, the better. :sick:

Edited by karamazov80

1 hour ago, karamazov80 said:

Greatest Cyclops costume by far, and the pre-1990s X-Men have had some of the best costumes in comic history!  Spidey edges them out, but that's about it.  From the 1990s on, though. . .the less said, the better. :sick:

Look it's not that is hate the costume but it's been done three times already. I want to see more, different characters or costumes.

The savage land Reaper is probably about as close as we're going to get. You'd think they could reuse some of the tooling from the Reapers, but there's enough that they would have to changed that I guess it wouldn't be worth it for a character whose biggest recent point of relevance was a joke about turning people into dinosaurs.

There would need to be a new head sculpt to get rid of the cheek barbs (and add eyebrows) and the back piece would have to be reworked to add a loincloth.

We've had a good number of Hank McCoys over the years.... but I still want THAT Beast. No Cats, No Skrull faces on the back of his head, No giant 90's hair, No jackets and leather leggings. Just the bouncing bombastic Beast I grew up with in all his Byrne/Perez glory!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/28/2017 at 8:37 AM, thereasonsy said:

Does this one count? (Hail Ivan)

fig0117flg.jpg

Sort of? The lines under each side of visor lead me to think that's what they were going for. But with the better sculpts they can do now I'd like to see them take another crack at it. And as mentioned, he needs the buccaneer boots. His mask would be slightly different too!

2 hours ago, Mirymate said:

We've had a good number of Hank McCoys over the years.... but I still want THAT Beast. No Cats, No Skrull faces on the back of his head, No giant 90's hair, No jackets and leather leggings. Just the bouncing bombastic Beast I grew up with in all his Byrne/Perez glory!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not count the Secret Invasion version? I guess he does have a little green peeking under his hair...

fig0651flg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

24 minutes ago, elhonez said:

Do you not count the Secret Invasion version? I guess he does have a little green peeking under his hair...

Sadly, no. Fur's a little too gray, there's green peeking out the edges, hair needs some black around the sides. And he looks ticked off. Ironically, the mischievous smile on the Skrull's face fits much better to the Beast side. But Sadly, that Skrull will have to do for the foreseeable.

And sadly I would buy a Recorder/Moses Magnum, Jahf/Farouk, and just about any other combo up there. But ESPECIALLY a Ka-Zar/Zabu pack!!

Yeah, that Beast looks more like he did in his solo Amazing Adventures run than he did with the Avengers.

Ka-Zar and Zabu are a want for me, but on the other hand Ka-Zar is just about the easiest quick custom you can imagine.  Also, as someone on here discovered a few years ago, Playmobil made a sabretooth tiger a few years ago that's perfectly in scale and makes for a great Zabu.

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

And sadly I would buy a Recorder/Moses Magnum, Jahf/Farouk, and just about any other combo up there. But ESPECIALLY a Ka-Zar/Zabu pack!!

Yeah I tease but I would be first to preorder these sets, no joke. I would LOVE a Farouk packed with a Shadow King alt look.

13 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Byrne-Featured.png

I just want all of this.

Take note of the Beast's stance ,where he's positioned & why ,that's the Beast I want.

That's a fantastic picture & I almost started to look for Wally .

...& what's going on behind Wolverine ...whose gloved hands are those ? 

Edited by buttheadsmate