UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

5 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The alien is specifically an enemy of the Hulk, so the Black Order wouldn't really fit. I'm pretty sure it's the Red King from Planet Hulk.

Ah - yeah, I've just read this over n the wave 74 thread. Red King sounds like a solid guess.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/06/2017 at 9:42 AM, Mnemosis said:

J Scott Campbell

Jim Lee

But, again, I know these aren't actually accurate to her look at the time, so I realize they don't need to be accommodated. Though I MIGHT try to customize one...

Let me know what hair piece you end up going with. I'm more of a Byrne Jean person because that is the era that I was first introduced to her but the sheer fact this costume and toy exist make me very happy. I can't wait to get two maybe three sets from Luke. One to save for all time, set two to display, set three for a potential custom for Jean mask hair and extra Professor X.

ff075c2f5eb017dd4311ea02e812b783.jpg

f2c0a60211a0ade4100520730ee9817d.jpg

On 23/06/2017 at 4:02 PM, DSTZach said:

My local library site allows me to request form 20-30 libraries in the region, so I've been reading Unbeatable Squirrel Girl that way, and catching up with Superman. I must get in six graphic novels a week. I like Marvel Unlimited, but I can't read on the computer that often.

Public libraries have been awesome but I usually just stick to the Comixology Sales or like you mentioned Marvel Unlimited. Have you tried the app on your Android or iPhone?

Real talk - if I *NEVER* see a Cyclops figure in that John Byrne costume again, I will be happy. 
I know it's an iconic era of comics, but I've seen it made in almost every line. Lego has done it. Marvel legends has done it twice. Marvel Universe has done it twice - maybe 3 times.... Minimates have done it 3 times.
I know they wouldn't fit thematically with a BD Miniskirt Jean, but there are a few variants i'd rather see before a BD Byrne Cyke. Erik the Red. Blue & White X-Factor. X-Terminators, Red X-face costume, Dark Phoenix Cyke, Future/Turban Red & Slym Cyke.

8 hours ago, Nessex said:

Real talk - if I *NEVER* see a Cyclops figure in that John Byrne costume again, I will be happy. 
I know it's an iconic era of comics, but I've seen it made in almost every line. Lego has done it. Marvel legends has done it twice. Marvel Universe has done it twice - maybe 3 times.... Minimates have done it 3 times.
I know they wouldn't fit thematically with a BD Miniskirt Jean, but there are a few variants i'd rather see before a BD Byrne Cyke. Erik the Red. Blue & White X-Factor. X-Terminators, Red X-face costume, Dark Phoenix Cyke, Future/Turban Red & Slym Cyke.

It is my least favorite costume, and everyone else's favorite. I hate it.

4 hours ago, Heinous said:

Same here, I can't stand it

We have all of these to choose from:

58d26ec5251e4e1c6ab00401e77596d6752dfe2b

And yet we still haven't seem an X-Factor Mutant Hunter (could even be a 2 pack with a different chest block for Jean), X-Factor White Stripes, Portio X-Factor, Eric the Red, Evolution, I Was Possessed By Apocalypse and all I got was a bad story line,  Mutant X, Terrorist X or even more one off's like the honeymoon costume, or even Slym, or even gender bender versions. So much potential and yet another Graduation Cyclops.

Also I think it's great we can almost make this Jean too. I personally won't mind the yellow instead of Black mask but it will be fun:

jean-bigcostume2.jpg

I mean... it's probably my favorite Cyclops costume, if only because it's the one he wore during the best era of the X-Men, but it's not a great costume. However, I personally feel that most costumes the X-Men have worn are ugly as sin. The original costumes? Ugly. The "graduation" costumes? Ugly. The GSXM costumes? Mostly ugly. The Jim Lee costumes? Ugly. And on and on and on. I've just never cared for the X-Men aesthetic, for the most part.

47 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I mean... it's probably my favorite Cyclops costume, if only because it's the one he wore during the best era of the X-Men, but it's not a great costume. However, I personally feel that most costumes the X-Men have worn are ugly as sin. The original costumes? Ugly. The "graduation" costumes? Ugly. The GSXM costumes? Mostly ugly. The Jim Lee costumes? Ugly. And on and on and on. I've just never cared for the X-Men aesthetic, for the most part.

I'd agree for most of those, but not the GSXM team. Sure, some of them are pretty bland or just odd (Cyclops, Banshee, Wolverine), but Dave Cockrum's Nightcrawler is IMO one of the best costumes in comics. Thunderbird and Sunfire have nice designs too, and while there isn't really anything special about Storm or Colossus, I think their costumes work really well.

47 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I'd agree for most of those, but not the GSXM team. Sure, some of them are pretty bland or just odd (Cyclops, Banshee, Wolverine), but Dave Cockrum's Nightcrawler is IMO one of the best costumes in comics. Thunderbird and Sunfire have nice designs too, and while there isn't really anything special about Storm or Colossus, I think their costumes work really well.

Is it going to include a hairpiece to let me create a FA Wanda to go with Toad, Mastermind, and green Quicksilver?

No?

SIGH!

No, no, it's okay. I'm very excited.
Really.

:wallbash:

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Yeah, you're probably right. And I am a big fan of Phoenix's costume, which is probably my favorite X-costume.

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Well look who it is!  This thread is sadly lacking in comprehensive character histories.  How about a Mirypedia entry for Mastermind?

Sigh...

Okay...

Jason Wyngarde was carnival mentalist (this was the 60's folks) when Magneto recruited him into the first incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Using the name Mastermind, Wyngarde used his illusion casting powers to aide in Magneto's takeover of a small South American country. Mastermind's power was to create illusions that affected all five senses so strongly, that even those who knew they were illusions had a difficult time not reacting to them as if they were real. He remained with the Brotherhood until they were forcibly disbanded by the Stranger. (Jason was turned to stone for his trouble) He later recovered and joined the short lived Factor Three conspiracy. After knocking around the minor leagues a while, Mastermind petitioned to join the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. Since they still had standards back then, they gave him the task of trying to convince the newly powered-up Jean Grey to join them. Given a device by the then villainous Emma Frost/White Queen that allowed him to project his illusions directly into a single person's mind, Mastermind began to drive the Phoenix crazy. (and also made himself much better looking) Well the plan worked too well, and they unleashed the Dark Phoenix. She broke Jason's mind, though he got better. Probably Mastermind's greatest achievement came a few months later, when in an attempt to get revenge on the X-Men he used his powers to convince Mariko Yashida to call off her wedding to Wolverine at the last minute. Even after everything is discovered, they never marry and is probably one of deepest wounds Logan suffered. After being practically ignored for the next decade, Mastermind is one of the many minor X-People who died from the Legacy virus so we'd think it was actually threatening. And unusually for an X-Character, he's staid dead. Barring temporary resurrection in reality warps or techno-organic magic viruses. Though a full accounting of who undied in those reality warps has never been taken and given his abilities, it's always possible some writer will decide he's been knocking around quietly ever since Age of X or something.

Mastermind did like to use his powers to make himself more of a ladies' man, as evidence from his three known children, all girls, all half siblings (cause he is a bad guy on so many levels after all). Two Martinque Jason (Mastermind II) and Regan Wyngarde (Lady Mastermind) inherited his abilities, while apparently he hooked up with an honest to God fairy and their union produced the X-Man Pixie.

12 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

Have we ever had a true "Byrne" visor or mask? I don't recall any. Yellow for me too please. I honestly think that's Cyclops best costume, probably due to that being my favorite X-Men era.

Does this one count? (Hail Ivan)

fig0117flg.jpg

27 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Does this one count? (Hail Ivan)

fig0117flg.jpg

It's close, but the boots are what "ruin" it. The actual buccaneer boots for mates hadn't been invented yet. (Hail Ivan)
(I always liked that one personally)