UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

23 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

We've released a few classic Magneto Minimates, and a few classic Scarlet Witch Minimates. Neither is on the schedule.

I assume Quicksilver is approved, but I'll ask. This costume appeared at some point, but not as often.

There have been a few of them, but all of the most recent ones are 5+ year old TRU exclusives. Also, Scarlet Witch wore a distinct costume during that time. It doesn't look as different as Quicksilver's, but it is a seperate costume, and I'd like to see it get a minimate.

It would be great if Quicksilver could be corrected, but it's close enough that it doesn't bother me too much. It actually reminds me more of his Mighty Avengers costume than his 60's look.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY GREAT LOOKING SET!!!

I second the Quicksilver notion abut the eXtra green. I don't foresee having issues with Toad's crouching. I also don't think I'll be needing an extra set for Mastermind, I think the original Professor X holds up so well I still use it. 

Kudos to the fine folks at DST!

21 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

I prefer the Quicksilver that we've already seen over the one pictured in the comic with the green boots and green gloves.  It looks like Marvel Legends went the same route as the Minimate.

Yeah - that's because it was clearly a single-colour paint-swap (green for blue).
I'll happily take QS as he is above, But i think light green gloves/boots/briefs would be awesome.

I was going to say that I'd like Toad to have his tongue and his purple wrist/cuff/glove things, but after doing some quick picture research, it looks like he didn't have them in any of his earlier appearances. DST have really done their homework with the Toad look. 

this boxset is sweet. does it have an official name, yet? i hate the skirt on Rachel Summers, i think it makes her look too thick, but it looks good here. i don't feel like i need an updated Professor X, but hell yes to Toad and Mastermind!

tho a more comic accurate Quicksilver would have the green boots/gloves/trunks, it does seem like a pretty quick custom for anyone really concerned about it (if it doesn't get fixed ahead of time). there's no special detail in any of those spots, so just a quick paint job should do it.

although there are some real differences - her head piece going all the way around being the main one - i'd say either of the Scarlet Witches first 2 mates would be a decent stand in. i'm probably gonna use her first mate from way back when. which has brown eyes, btw, and the next 2 have blue eyes... which one is correct?

and really any Magneto mate would do.

Now that is a great looking set! Fantastic job by DST on squeezing Mastermind in there, including his jacket is icing on the cake. Toad looks spot on, I can't believe we're finally getting him. Quicksilver looks good but i'd love to see the light green gloves, boots and trunks added if at all possible. I can't wait to assemble the original Brotherhood! I've got a classic Magneto and Scarlet Witch ready to go for when this set arrives.

Marvel Girl looks perfect and gives me hope that we could see a graduation day box set at some point.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

There have been a few of them, but all of the most recent ones are 5+ year old TRU exclusives. Also, Scarlet Witch wore a distinct costume during that time. It doesn't look as different as Quicksilver's, but it is a seperate costume, and I'd like to see it get a minimate.

It would be great if Quicksilver could be corrected, but it's close enough that it doesn't bother me too much. It actually reminds me more of his Mighty Avengers costume than his 60's look.

Interesting that the last two-three 616 comic living Magnetos and SWs were at TRU. I doubt we'd ever make a SW with the funky cylinder helmet, but never say never.

11 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Waves 74, 75, TRU 24, and TRU 25 are supposed to hit this year (I think) so that might help break it up.

I hope they'll come a bit sooner, though. Both this set and the Ragnarok one are slated for late December, which is around two months after the release date for Ragnarok. Between GotG vol. 2 and Homecoming, I thought we'd moved past the later releases, but I guess we'll see.

I'm guessing wave 74 and 75 will actually come out later as they haven't been announced/solicited yet?  I have hopes to see TRU24 and 25 sooner though.

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We've released a few classic Magneto Minimates, and a few classic Scarlet Witch Minimates. Neither is on the schedule.

I assume Quicksilver is approved, but I'll ask. This costume appeared at some point, but not as often.

I know I've made a Minimate crouch at some point, I'll have to find a pic. But do not expect custom legs on Toad, or a modification to the MM body.

The original Scarlet Witch (W16) failed miserably because she was more pink than scarlet , the A v X version was (eventually) far better . The lesson ? She's the Scarlet Witch she should be the right colour ...y'know scarlet not pink .

Maybe I expect a little too much but jeez if we're going to get a Toad ...at long last..... let's not just make do with an upright rendition of a guy dressed in Toad's duds.....& be expected to shout hoorah ! He's the Toad ...the Toad ....Magneto gave ol' Mortimer the moniker 'Toad' because of his appearance (Marvel Universe Wiki) & I don't think that Magneto had seen too many upright straight-legged toads . I could be wrong:no:

If anybody has a Minimate that can crouch 'comme a crapaud' then pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase fucking post a picture & then I swear I'll shut the frog up.

We always get so bleeding close to perfection so often with so many Minimates that it really makes it so important to get it right  .......or please just don't bother .

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

The original Scarlet Witch (W16) failed miserably because she was more pink than scarlet , the A v X version was (eventually) far better . The lesson ? She's the Scarlet Witch she should be the right colour ...y'know scarlet not pink .

Wait, this Witch failed miserably? I have never heard complaints, although many thought she needed an update, which she got. And she looks pretty red to me.

fig0141flg.jpg

Maybe I expect a little too much but jeez if we're going to get a Toad ...at long last..... let's not just make do with an upright rendition of a guy dressed in Toad's duds.....& be expected to shout hoorah ! He's the Toad ...the Toad ....Magneto gave ol' Mortimer the moniker 'Toad' because of his appearance (Marvel Universe Wiki) & I don't think that Magneto had seen too many upright straight-legged toads . I could be wrong:no:

I certainly understand the desire, but we've been making characters who crouch for years (Spidey Wolverine, Nightcrawler) so I don't know why this go-round would inspire the expectation of A. added articulation to the base Minimate body, which is more or less standard, or B. an alternate molded leg section, which we have never done that I can recall.

And nobody asked anybody to shout hurrah, although we certainly made him because of fan demand and historical significance.

And I think Toad's name had as much to do with his big-mouthed face in his early days as with his tendency to jump around, but he's certainly gone through more physical changes than most Marvel characters. And he CAN stand upright.

toad.gif

If anybody has a Minimate that can crouch 'comme a crapaud' then pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase fucking post a picture & then I swear I'll shut the frog up.

I will shoot one!

We always get so bleeding close to perfection so often with so many Minimates that it really makes it so important to get it right  .......or please just don't bother .

Obviously perfection is in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of people who think that a block figure based on cube and cylinders, with no noses, can never be perfect. There are some who think that Legos ARE perfect, and Minimates are abominations. I think this Toad is completely in line with what we have done for 15 years. INCLUDING his original control art which was made at a time when the current level of MM complexity was not even conceived of.

ToadPoster.jpg

Bwahaha. Awesome. 

Yeah I don't get the crouch hate. I do second the motion that SW and QS merit a classic two-pack for their proper Brotherhood/"Cap's Kooky Quartet" Avengers looks. 

But I don't want to detract from this awesome moment of a great 4-pack reveal that over-delivers on some key fan demands. Kudos!