UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prehensile tongue version of Toad doesn't apply to this one. That's a common misconception due to his portrayal in other forms of media. They made the comics version identical to the movie version in X-Men Forever when they "corrected" his genome. Post-X-Men Forever-Toad has the green skin, prehensile tail and corrected posture just like the films. Nothing like this guy.

4 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That looks amazing!

Four of my top ten wants in one set, and a Professor X update. I can't wait until the end of the year, because this is incredibly exciting! Although, now I need a classic Magneto even more...

Classic? As in the TRU Wave 2/Marvel Villains Box Set Magneto?

eXceptional .

If we're going to get this Toad then he really needs a better expression on his face....he needs to be looking a little more nuttier .

As for the upright stance ......I'd be happiest if I knew this particular 'mate was able to crouch more than( I'm told)  all other minimates can crouch .:whistling:

Do this DST....... please.

Nice! For once the lineup we honed in on is pretty much the lineup we got. I'll be buying multiples just for the Marvel Girl mask. But I really love the clever way DST found to get Mastermind in this set. Excellent work guys!

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Well I'm glad someone said it.

Old Man Logan duster should be included for Mastermind.

Can we get the hand holding piece to get Jean and Scott to hold hands for this?

Zach, 

Is there anyway the Quicksilver figure might have green gloves and boots in the final figure so it is more comic accurate?  

Also any chance there is a Magneto and Scarlet Witch 2 pack coming at Toys r us to complete the Brotherhood?

8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Well this sucks.

No tigers? Seriously?

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

These are the only crouching Minimates you will ever see:

AR87000LG.jpg

Work it out .

I will be eXtremely saddened....& I'm serious....if Toad isn't able to crouch .   Now on ...not so much.....

I'd be happy to pay for any tooling .

buttoadstoolsmate .

I'm just a fun guy , give me some room I need lots of room..........

Well, I was hoping this might turn out to be something else but I'm glad for people who wanted it. Jean looks good. With the hole in Xavier's head I might have to pick up an extra DoFP version if I end up buying this. I'm surprised Quicksilver is missing some of the details others have pointed out.

With that release date we're in for a long drought of comic minimates.

True but at least there is now something definite to look forward to in the comic line.  And even speaking as a non-xmen fan I have to say this is a great looking set!

Interestingly I've just noticed that the release details describe it as being on a "full colour blister card", I wonder if that means a change to the recent comics box set format?

Edited by stegron01

We've released a few classic Magneto Minimates, and a few classic Scarlet Witch Minimates. Neither is on the schedule.

I assume Quicksilver is approved, but I'll ask. This costume appeared at some point, but not as often.

I know I've made a Minimate crouch at some point, I'll have to find a pic. But do not expect custom legs on Toad, or a modification to the MM body.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

With that release date we're in for a long drought of comic minimates.

Waves 74, 75, TRU 24, and TRU 25 are supposed to hit this year (I think) so that might help break it up.

I hope they'll come a bit sooner, though. Both this set and the Ragnarok one are slated for late December, which is around two months after the release date for Ragnarok. Between GotG vol. 2 and Homecoming, I thought we'd moved past the later releases, but I guess we'll see.