UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unnamed X-Men boxset

Mnemosis

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a purple & orange Toad, Green quicksilver & miniskirt Jean. That's probably a bit unlikely as it would need a heavy hitter to anchor it like Wolverine or Magneto. Wolverine is the wrong era and Magneto needs we need to bump a villain. 
I'm excited to see who the new character is though. 

My money is on: one unmade character, one unmade costume, and two redos.

Classic Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: Magneto & Quicksilver or 60's Beast (two redos) and 60's Jean (unmade costume); and the Toad (new character). Either way I'm pretty convinced it has to go with this story:

uncanny-xmen-43-vf-652.jpg?w=370&h=

On 09/05/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mnemosis said:

Jean and Toad mean I'm in. Anything else is cake or fodder.

I'm pretty much here regardless. There are few X-Men sets that I would pass on.

I had forgotten all about this set. I'll guess that the unmade character is Toad, unmade costume is green Quicksilver and the Redo's are Scarlet Witch (with appropriate headgear) and Magneto.

I'd also like the X-Men in their second outfits from the pic thereasonsy posted above. Yeah, i'm that guy that wants the yellow Angel costume. That's the last X-Team I'd need to have my essential sets covered. Original team, 2nd outfit team and Cockrum/Byrne team. I wouldn't mind a Sprite being made down the road either.

11 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I had forgotten all about this set. I'll guess that the unmade character is Toad, unmade costume is green Quicksilver and the Redo's are Scarlet Witch (with appropriate headgear) and Magneto.

I'd also like the X-Men in their second outfits from the pic thereasonsy posted above. Yeah, i'm that guy that wants the yellow Angel costume. That's the last X-Team I'd need to have my essential sets covered. Original team, 2nd outfit team and Cockrum/Byrne team. I wouldn't mind a Sprite being made down the road either.

Ahhh! Holy Menstruation I think you are right! It's these guys:

84875-18254-brotherhood-of-evil.jpg

with either Toad or Mastermind being the unmade. I'm going to go with it is Mastermind just to troll us ;)

16 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

We have.

Sadly Pietro and Wanda are heroes.. Toad/Mastermind and Magneto are villains... especially in the era I pointed to. Hopefully that means we will get a 2 pack of Mastermind/60's Jean.

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Ahhh! Holy Menstruation I think you are right! It's these guys:

84875-18254-brotherhood-of-evil.jpg

with either Toad or Mastermind being the unmade. I'm going to go with it is Mastermind just to troll us ;)

Ha Ha, nice! I still want a Mastermind (or Toad) down the road. If it is the original Brotherhood they've got to complete the team.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at Vanisher, Unus, classic Blob or Lucifer either. I love the first ten issues of that book.

If Quicksilver gets made in the green outfit, I'd love to see the pixie feet used on Robin, Deadman, etc.  And a new hair piece.  I don't think any Quicksilver to date has had the perfect hair he deserves.

14 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Where's Zach!? We need clues! 

14 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Or yay shots! 

I gave a LOT of clues, given that it is only four figures. The line-up has mostly been guessed, maybe some costumes are wrong, but yay shots are VERY far away. I think even PROTOTYPES are pretty far away. THE CLUES:

On 3/8/2017 at 1:55 PM, Kotter Comics said:

Here's what Zach said:

"Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific."

On 3/22/2017 at 10:35 AM, DSTZach said:

Box Set is 50% bad guys.

On 3/15/2017 at 3:05 PM, DSTZach said:

15th anniversary of Minimates this year...

On 3/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, DSTZach said:

Box Set is not connected to TRU 24 or 25. Or Specialty 74 or 75, for that matter.

Not sure I ever mentioned the theme of the set, but I definitely didn't mention that the updated figure should have a second look, so he can also be a fifth, unmade character.

This is our next comic-based Marvel box set, but, due to some shuffling around, it is slated for an early 2018 release. Sorry it's so far off, but there will be some great unmade and requested re-dos of classic characters this year in Series 74, TRU 24, TRU 25, and, yes, Walgreens 6. Hopefully that satisfies your need until this set and Series 75 hit next year.

There will be a Marvel Minimates 2-pack at SDCC, but it is not comic-based.

Edited by DSTZach

12 hours ago, Zylek said:

Yay, Hogun/Fandral SDCC 2-pack!  3rd times the charm right? :P

OMG, I hope so. I asked Chuck about this at C2E2 and I do hope it happens!

Edited by Onyx_6
OamG? Really?