UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 75

mav-man

On 5/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, Dave said:

Zach, can you enlighten us what waves 74 and 75 will be?

Check out the Series 74 thread. Not sure if there's a Series 75 one, but I've mentioned some things about that one, too. Themed, inspired by early MM waves (1/2/3).

So lets start guessing this one...

Edited by mav-man

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the waves Zach mentioned. I'm curious to see what DST will do. A lot of those characters (red Daredevil, Hulk/Banner, classic Spidey, Green Goblin, Venom) have shown up in Best Of/Greatest Hits, and I can't really see DST redoing the Ultimate X-Men, so maybe these will be more direct updates probably focusing more on 1 & 2. I'm hoping we'll see Kingpin, Elektra, FA Daredevil (for a D-Man QC), and symbiote Spider-Man, or at least some of them. Even new versions of battle damaged Spider-Man and civilian Logan could be nice if they were done well.

Nothing is set in stone, and the lineup has in fact changed, but 75 is more than just a bunch of re-dos. All of the costumes will be updated to modern, I believe, most are highly requested, and there are also a few unmade characters in there, including a legacy (new incarnation of classic character). But about half of the characters were first made in the very early days of the line, Series 1-5 and early exclusives. There is a theme, and all of the sets are connected in some way, unrelated to when they first came out.

25 has two re-dos, one modern costume update, one unmade costume variant and two unmade characters. Four characters, three villains, no army builders. One of the re-dos (a highly requested one) can turn into another requested re-do.

There is no overlap between the waves. Not even in characters, although the line-ups certainly are connected, I would say in more direct ways than the general Marvel Universe web of connections.

Edited by DSTZach
life

Wow. That's a lot more complex than I was expecting.

A couple guesses:

Re-dos (4): FA Daredevil (with D-Man head?), Elektra, symbiote Spider-Man, Vulture/Shocker

Modern costumes (3): Daredevil, Bullseye, Spider-Man

Unmade characters (6): Amadeus Cho Hulk, new Spidey/Daredevil villains?

Unmade costume: Spidey variant 

Two unambiguous heroes (Cho & Spidey), two who have have been both (Matt & Elektra), and seven villains (Bullseye, Vulture/Shocker, new villains).

I feel like at least some of those could be right, although there's no representation of wave 3. With only two unambiguous hero slots, it's hard to include the X-Men. Lots of villains, though. I'm excited.

Edited to be a bit less ramble-y.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• 1 month later...

How's this one coming, Zach?
Any new clues you can share?

7 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Considering Jimmiie Hudson is the new Wolverine from the Ultimateverse I"d say he's a lock.

I highly doubt that considering when I mentioned him in a comment earlier today to Zach regarding 74, he hadn't known who Jimmy was or that he had entered the 616. Though surprises are always welcome . . .

Edited by OvenproofBug6

11 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I think it could stand to be a bit taller, like the AvX Colossusnaut. Plus, that one's stupidly expensive/hard to find.

I'm still looking for a Hydro-Man I won't have to take out a second mortgage for so I feel your pain, Buff.

But you know what I want to see here in 75? (Filtered through the reality of what I could reasonable expect of course) At least a few of the unmade choices from the Series 50 vote.

As you can see here, besides the winners many of the others on that list have gotten made in the 5 years since.  But others remain.

Hydro Armor Iron Man, Mutated Thing (Extra-Rocky), Team X Wolverine, Werewolf Captain America, Gladiator (Shi'ar), Abomination, Vengeance, the Wrecker

And for Army Builders - The Dire Wraiths, HAMMER Agents, Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic), the Mindless Ones, the Stepford Cuckoos, and the Warwolves

If just one of those gets made in this series, I'll be a happy man.

(P.S. the vote totals shown on the linked page only represent MMMVeres vote on the forums companion poll, not the actual Marvel website votes which vastly outnumbered our own)

Edited by Mirymate

Yeeeeah... Blondverine is back. Looks like Wolverine will still be on every team of X-Men... except now it'll be different Not-quite-verines.:Dunno:

Jeez :/ X-23 was one of the legacy characters I actually thought had... character lol. It's bad enough replacing all the A-listers at once but to replace them with more than one person at a time Is just silly. 

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Hey, it "works" for Captain America and Spider-Man. :sick:

Who are the multiple replacements for Cap? Sam Wilson is the only one I know of and I think that's one that actually fits. I dig Sam Cap, Jane Thor, and X-23 but the others not so much. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Jeez :/ X-23 was one of the legacy characters I actually thought had... character lol. It's bad enough replacing all the A-listers at once but to replace them with more than one person at a time Is just silly. 

Who are the multiple replacements for Cap? Sam Wilson is the only one I know of and I think that's one that actually fits. I dig Sam Cap, Jane Thor, and X-23 but the others not so much. 

U. S. Avengers had future Danielle Cage as Captain America, although I'm not sure she's still around. America Chavez started as the Now! Young Avengers' Cap counterpart, too.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

U. S. Avengers had future Danielle Cage as Captain America, although I'm not sure she's still around. America Chavez started as the Now! Young Avengers' Cap counterpart, too.

Back in the day when we had Young Avengers there was Patriot but I lost him in the shuffle and have no idea where he or the others have landed besides Kate Bishop and Cassie Stinger Lane.

11 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Back in the day when we had Young Avengers there was Patriot but I lost him in the shuffle and have no idea where he or the others have landed besides Kate Bishop and Cassie Stinger Lane.

Patriot quit in between Young Avengers series, IIRC. Hulkling, Kate Bishop, and Asgardian/Wiccan/Demiurge stuck around for the Marvel Now! series, along with some new members (including America Chavez).

Cassie and Vision 2.0 were members of Hank Pym's Dark Reign-era Mighty Avengers. Vis died (?), and I'm not sure what happened to Cassie.

Hulking and... let's just call him Billy were members of Sunspot's AIM New Avengers, but I don't think they made the move to U. S. Avengers.

Kate Bishop co-starred in the excellent Hawkeye series with Clint Barton, and currently appears in an apparently less excellent solo series.

Cassie died. Then got better. She's going by Stinger now, just like MC2 counterpart.  
Vison 2.0 died on the same mission too, he did not get better.
Hulking and Billy have "retired" for now after Sunspot's AIM Avengers went belly up.
Patriot retired after the mission that resulted in Cassie and Vison's deaths and moved to the Midwest.